Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Kentucky 72 Indiana 54
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Great 1st half until Liggins came in.
Slone got some more minutes. I'd say he was in for about 2-4 minutes, which is a great accomplishment as a freshman walk-on. Billy Clyde really likes Slone and I'd say he may start a couple of games before the season is over. But, UK is really improving. I really liked the first 10 minutes of the game with the 2 alley oops to Patterson. Miller hit some shots as well, and so did Harrelson. Man, did we luck up getting Harrelson? This kid should start, in my opinion. Our starting 5 should be Patterson, Harrelson, Miller, Meeks and Harris when healthy, but for now Liggins is fine. Anybody should be in except for Porter. I'm still confused as to why this kid is even on the team.
Jshort5 Wrote:Our starting 5 should be Patterson, Harrelson, Miller, Meeks and Harris when healthy, but for now Liggins is fine. Anybody should be in except for Porter. I'm still confused as to why this kid is even on the team.

Miller isn't a starter right now, he's just not mature enough yet. And with that starting 5 you have no one that can run the point and take care of the ball. Porter has been playing exceptionally well, especially today. He was a big reason we played so well in the first half and deserves to be our PG.
Anybody that says Porter did not run the team better than Liggins today has no idea what the were looking at. Liggins is much more of a scoring option but his shot selection and reckless play are not good for the team at this point. He needs to get under control.

Miller and Stevenson were the most impressive players on the court today. I loved the energy each of them brought. Miller is just a terrific all around basketball player.

Indiana is horrible. I hate to be the downer here but I'm not sure how much you can really take away from this game.
blackcat Wrote:Miller isn't a starter right now, he's just not mature enough yet. And with that starting 5 you have no one that can run the point and take care of the ball. Porter has been playing exceptionally well, especially today. He was a big reason we played so well in the first half and deserves to be our PG.
Absolutely agree.
Miller's future is really bright and I see tremendous upside with him. I think right now he is forcing shots and trying too hard to do better and show the state his game. It will come and I thought that he played well today. Out of the two freshmen, I think that Miller is the one that can improve greatly. Liggin's has just got to mature AT the point position. The only way for him to learn and stop making stupid mistakes is to gain more and more experience which will come in time. Overall I would say solid game by the cats but if they could bottle that intensity that they came out with in the first 10 minutes, they could wreck the SEC and be a force in the tourney. GO CATS!
Good win for the Cats...holla at ya boy Mario#1!!!
What was with Patterson today? This is like the 4th or 5th game this season he hasent done anything. He is starting to look a little overrated to me.
RavenBoy Wrote:What was with Patterson today? This is like the 4th or 5th game this season he hasent done anything. He is starting to look a little overrated to me.

Overrated....lol....Thats funnySmile ...He can't shoot the ball when Meeks and Liggins are forcing bad shots and just throwing it up..Don't get me wrong I like both of them alot but one thing that Ky is going to have to realize is Patrick is there first option, They are not going to win ball games thowing up 3's they are going to win ball games feeding the ball to Patrick and letting him try to score first
Jshort5 Wrote:Slone got some more minutes. I'd say he was in for about 2-4 minutes, which is a great accomplishment as a freshman walk-on. Billy Clyde really likes Slone and I'd say he may start a couple of games before the season is over. But, UK is really improving. I really liked the first 10 minutes of the game with the 2 alley oops to Patterson. Miller hit some shots as well, and so did Harrelson. Man, did we luck up getting Harrelson? This kid should start, in my opinion. Our starting 5 should be Patterson, Harrelson, Miller, Meeks and Harris when healthy, but for now Liggins is fine. Anybody should be in except for Porter. I'm still confused as to why this kid is even on the team.

ok with that lineup who is going to be our PG. Jodie meeks has more turnover than porter. I know everybody bashes porter but today he showed he can handle the ball and have a positive asist to turnover ratio. Liggens will probably end up starting by SEC play but for now out PG is Porter and i dont have a problem with it.

Micheal Porter---PG
Jodie Meeks--SG
Ramon Harris--SF when healthy
Perry Stevenson--PF
PPAT--C
Basketballer Wrote:Overrated....lol....Thats funnySmile ...He can't shoot the ball when Meeks and Liggins are forcing bad shots and just throwing it up..Don't get me wrong I like both of them alot but one thing that Ky is going to have to realize is Patrick is there first option, They are not going to win ball games thowing up 3's they are going to win ball games feeding the ball to Patrick and letting him try to score first

Exactly. They cant go by this game, because Indiana is absolutely TERRIBLE so jacking up 3's didn't hurt them. Anyone who says Patterson is overrated doesnt deserve the right to watch the game of basketball. If Patterson got more touches and was thought of by the whole team as the 1st option, they would be ten times better. I dont care what you say, Meeks hurts the team just as much as he helps because he shoots HORRIBLE shots. Liggins will be ok once he calms down and gets some experience. As for Miller, well his game speaks for himself he is already a very good player and just keeps getting better. Now Meeks is a good shooter, but i think that 39 pt game against VMI was the worst thing that couldve happened to him cause that gave him too much confidence and is shooting is arm off now.
runninrebs21 Wrote:Exactly. They cant go by this game, because Indiana is absolutely TERRIBLE so jacking up 3's didn't hurt them. Anyone who says Patterson is overrated doesnt deserve the right to watch the game of basketball. If Patterson got more touches and was thought of by the whole team as the 1st option, they would be ten times better. I dont care what you say, Meeks hurts the team just as much as he helps because he shoots HORRIBLE shots. Liggins will be ok once he calms down and gets some experience. As for Miller, well his game speaks for himself he is already a very good player and just keeps getting better. Now Meeks is a good shooter, but i think that 39 pt game against VMI was the worst thing that couldve happened to him cause that gave him too much confidence and is shooting is arm off now.

Agreed
pburgcatfan65 Wrote:PPAT--C
Were not Louisville so please do not call him PPat.
Yes, Patterson is overrated as of right now. He has only played well in 2 games this year and that was against horrible teams.
There is some reason why their not passing him the ball.
I mean come on people, Stevenson is playing 10 times better as Patterson right now.
I really thought Liggins made a lot of freshman mistakes. I think he will be fine though as long as he keeps a good attitude.
They will be a lot better if they would start DeAndre Liggins over Michael Porter
This game was very bad but beware, Indiana has a good coach and he will have a good team pretty soon, but then again, we can say the same of UK. A pity though it took the Hoosiers six and a half minutes to score their first points.
Jshort5 Wrote:Slone got some more minutes. I'd say he was in for about 2-4 minutes, which is a great accomplishment as a freshman walk-on. Billy Clyde really likes Slone and I'd say he may start a couple of games before the season is over. But, UK is really improving. I really liked the first 10 minutes of the game with the 2 alley oops to Patterson. Miller hit some shots as well, and so did Harrelson. Man, did we luck up getting Harrelson? This kid should start, in my opinion. Our starting 5 should be Patterson, Harrelson, Miller, Meeks and Harris when healthy, but for now Liggins is fine. Anybody should be in except for Porter. I'm still confused as to why this kid is even on the team.
I doubt this is the answer Coach G is looking for. Slone has just played against teams when it really doesn't matter or they are terrible. He just can't play to the level of some of the elite teams that UK is going to play. IMO he has plenty of people that are ahead of him on the depth for either guard spot. Meeks, Liggins, Potrter, Miller, Galloway, and even Harris are all ahead of him when healthy. Porter is doing better of handling the game and I think Liggins will be a very good player from what I've seen.