Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Sam Bradford 2008 Heisman Winner
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Congrats to Sam!
He didnt deserve it. he isnt going to a thing against Florida. Tim Tebow is going to win the national championship. GO FLORIDA
bluegrassballa Wrote:he didnt deserve it. he isnt going to a thing against Florida. Tim Tebow is going to win the national championship. GO FLORIDA

People like you are ridiculous. Bradford had the best stats out of them all, (except for completion percentage) and he well deserved it. I also think Florida will win the national title but Tebow had nowhere near the numbers Bradford had. Everyone just wanted Tebow to win because it would make it back to back. Bradford is very good and does not deserve this type of discrimination. Your an idiot.:devilflam
dblg11 Wrote:People like you are ridiculous. Bradford had the best stats out of them all, (except for completion percentage) and he well deserved it. I also think Florida will win the national title but Tebow had nowhere near the numbers Bradford had. Everyone just wanted Tebow to win because it would make it back to back. Bradford is very good and does not deserve this type of discrimination. Your an idiot.:devilflam
No, that would be people like you. Its people like you that give bloggers bad names. You take everything everyone says way to serious. He has his own opinion and you have yours. Just because his is different doesnt make him a idiot. Grow up!
Congrats to Sam. But I also think that Tebow should have won it not because he already had but because he plays in the toughest conference in the NCAA and made it to the national championship for the second time in 3 years. I do think FLA will win the title and Bradford will not do as good as he did in the Big 12 this Gator team is a whole different animal.
Any one of the three finalists were well deserving of the award. Tebow didn't have the numbers, but his leadership and toughness is what helped Florida reach the BCA National Championship game. McCoy had excellent numbers, and also led Texas in rushing, but Bradford is the key guy on the nation's best offense. Not only were his numbers off the charts, but to engineer an offense that scores 60+ points in 5 straight games? That's something you only see on XBox. Congrats, Sam! Very deserving!!!!
StrikeoutKing Wrote:Any one of the three finalists were well deserving of the award. Tebow didn't have the numbers, but his leadership and toughness is what helped Florida reach the BCA National Championship game. McCoy had excellent numbers, and also led Texas in rushing, but Bradford is the key guy on the nation's best offense. Not only were his numbers off the charts, but to engineer an offense that scores 60+ points in 5 straight games? That's something you only see on XBox. Congrats, Sam! Very deserving!!!!
You mean PS3
Glad to see a real person win the Heisman this year and not a fluke!!!
Yes about time a real player won the Heisman. He has been putting up awesome numbers each year and he is only a sophomore!!!!
sam bradford needs to go play golf and let the big boys play football
Guys, all ive read is about Bradfords numbers.. Numbers dont mean nothing when you are playing against weak defenses. Bradford shows very little emotion compared to Tebow or Colt McCoy. I think those 2 were a lot more deserving than Bradford. Tebow will show everyone who the real Heisman on Jan 8. Tim Tebow is the real Heisman and player of the year, no matter who takes the trophy home. What he did for the gators this season was unreal. Show em in the championship Tebow!
I think the Heisman's is a joke. Ever now and then they get it right. This year they didn't. Sam Bradfords isn't the best player in NCAA this year. That RB from Iowa is better then Sam was. Right now everyone is looking at QB, just think the QB isn't nothing if it is not from the WR or RB. I think Colt McCoy should have won it. He was the best player in the NCAA this year. Tebow behide him, then that WR from Texas Tech.
The Heisman is all politics as usual. Bradford is a great QB no doubt but Tebow is hands down the best college football player in the land again this year. The only reason they gave it to Bradford is because the TV networks want to hype about 2 QB with Heismans on their mantles going against one another in the Title Game.
bluegrassballa Wrote:When you have been around football as long as I have, then you can come say something to me. Look at what Tim Tebow has done. You put bradford in the same league as these SEC teams and he would have no where near those stats. Just wait til Florida. He hasnt seen the speed and aggression of those SEC defenses. Tebow was more than stats, he made something for himself off the field. Tebow deserved this award even if he hadnt won this award.

WOW. This is the funniest thing I have read all day. How can you say that Bradford couldn't match up with SEC defenses? Come on the guy threw 48 TD's and only 6 Ints. The Big 12 is almost as good as the SEC. You've got Texas, Texas Tech, Kansas, Kansas State, Oklahoma State, Missouri. In the SEC you have Florida, Bama, LSU and thats about it. You have made my day saying that Sam Bradford couldn't match up to SEC teams. Let Tebow come into the Big 12 and take some hard hits from a great Texas defense or try to throw into a Secondary of Texas Tech. Tebow wouldn't have put up halve the number he has in the Big 12. The SEC is stronger conference, but it really wouldn't make a difference. Bradford doubled his passing yards, and almost doubled his TD's. Tebow is the better QB with his feet, but his feet aren't going to save him in every game. Looks like to me we have a big Florida fan who is over reacting over a trophy that Tim Tebow didn't win, right? After it's all said and done we know who deserved the trophy and who won the trophy. Not taking anything away from Tebow he is a great player hands down no one can argue that, but Sam bradford is the better Quarterback in the situation, and I think he will prove that in the National Championship game.
runninrebs21 Wrote:Guys, all ive read is about Bradfords numbers.. Numbers dont mean nothing when you are playing against weak defenses. Bradford shows very little emotion compared to Tebow or Colt McCoy. I think those 2 were a lot more deserving than Bradford. Tebow will show everyone who the real Heisman on Jan 8. Tim Tebow is the real Heisman and player of the year, no matter who takes the trophy home. What he did for the gators this season was unreal. Show em in the championship Tebow!

Numbers mean nothing? Numbers is what make football, if you have no passing yards or rushing yards, that pretty much means you lose. Almost every team in the Big 12 has a decent Defense. The SEC has maybe two or three great defensive teams, other than that you smack Vandy, Kentucky, and the mississippi teams around.
apparently you dont watch ESPN and listen to the real stats. Tebow faced i believe 5 defenses in the top 30 in the country. Colt didnt face one higher than in the 50's. Bradford faced 1 from the 30's and then none higher than 60's. Those are the numbers that should be taken into consideration because they all had equally impressive stats. Tebow just did it against better defenses. And he is the best player hands down.
He is good but when your up by 40 in 6 games in a row why is your starting QB still in the game? HIm and his coach new he would win heisman if he stayed in all those game and run up his stats. I watched 3 or 4 games when Tebow didnt play the 3rd and 4th quarters. whatever though, thats some real class Oklahoma.
RavenBoy Wrote:No, that would be people like you. Its people like you that give bloggers bad names. You take everything everyone says way to serious. He has his own opinion and you have yours. Just because his is different doesnt make him a idiot. Grow up!
Well, he actually edited his post, it originally said f*ck you Sam Bradford. That is ridiculous. Don't go knocking me because of his stupidity. It's not right to knock the kid that way. Don't even go there with me d*mnit.:devilflam
runninrebs21 Wrote:Guys, all ive read is about Bradfords numbers.. Numbers dont mean nothing when you are playing against weak defenses. Bradford shows very little emotion compared to Tebow or Colt McCoy. I think those 2 were a lot more deserving than Bradford. Tebow will show everyone who the real Heisman on Jan 8. Tim Tebow is the real Heisman and player of the year, no matter who takes the trophy home. What he did for the gators this season was unreal. Show em in the championship Tebow!

Agree 100%!!!!
Spartan4Life Wrote:WOW. This is the funniest thing I have read all day. How can you say that Bradford couldn't match up with SEC defenses? Come on the guy threw 48 TD's and only 6 Ints. The Big 12 is almost as good as the SEC. You've got Texas, Texas Tech, Kansas, Kansas State, Oklahoma State, Missouri. In the SEC you have Florida, Bama, LSU and thats about it. You have made my day saying that Sam Bradford couldn't match up to SEC teams. Let Tebow come into the Big 12 and take some hard hits from a great Texas defense or try to throw into a Secondary of Texas Tech. Tebow wouldn't have put up halve the number he has in the Big 12. The SEC is stronger conference, but it really wouldn't make a difference. Bradford doubled his passing yards, and almost doubled his TD's. Tebow is the better QB with his feet, but his feet aren't going to save him in every game. Looks like to me we have a big Florida fan who is over reacting over a trophy that Tim Tebow didn't win, right? After it's all said and done we know who deserved the trophy and who won the trophy. Not taking anything away from Tebow he is a great player hands down no one can argue that, but Sam bradford is the better Quarterback in the situation, and I think he will prove that in the National Championship game.

Tim Tebow only threw 2 ints. And to say the Big 12 is almost as good as the SEC is STUPID!!! How can you say that? SEC is by far the most dominating conference out there. Bradford could not compete with the SEC. And I would much rather take some hits in the Big 12 than the SEC. But hey, not all of us would want to compete in the best conference in the nation!!:Thumbs:
BWQ32 Wrote:sam bradford needs to go play golf and let the big boys play football

lol
BWQ32 Wrote:sam bradford needs to go play golf and let the big boys play football

Agree 100%
Tebow had 3 turnovers all year on 40 touchdowns and he doesn't win the Heisman? Are you kidding me? Tebow would have a FIELD DAY every week against Big 12 defenses.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Tebow had 3 turnovers all year on 40 touchdowns and he doesn't win the Heisman? Are you kidding me? Tebow would have a FIELD DAY every week against Big 12 defenses.

lol funny isnt it. all the heisman is, is politics. they wanted bradford to win it so america can see the last 2 heisman winners go head to head for the championship. if it went by the best player, everyone knows its tebow hands down
I really hate how they vote.

I think the person with the most first place votes should win.

Tebow got this trophy took from him people from the southwest voted him way down so that it would help out sam bradford.

Tebow got the shaft!!!!!!
I wanted Tebow to win but Bradford did deserve it I believe, too bad his running back is out for the title game, might help give the Gators an edge.
i wish tebow would have 1 because hes in the sec and im a big sec fan
everyone is hating on him cause they all jumped on that Florida bandwagon.