Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Near death experiences while fishing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
tell somes stories
Well i had a big fish on my line once then my friend pushed me in..and i said well.... THIS AINT GOOD!!
youcantseeme85 Wrote:Well i had a big fish on my line once then my friend pushed me in..and i said well.... THIS AINT GOOD!!

the question is? Did ya catch it?
Seen a guy get hooked in the crotch once. He prolly thought he was gonna die....lol.
Magnum PI Wrote:Seen a guy get hooked in the crotch once. He prolly thought he was gonna die....lol.

well... THAT AINT GOOD!!!!
youcantseeme85 Wrote:Well i had a big fish on my line once then my friend pushed me in..and i said well.... THIS AINT GOOD!!

well... THAT AINT GOOD
never had a near death experience but my buddy had a crankbait hung in a tree.. when he jerked it it flew back and hooked me between the legs.... was kinda painful...
Not a near death experience, but I was bass fishing with some crank bait and I went to cast the lure got stuck into my back.

Wasn't very painful, but it was the most dramatic thing that's ever happened to me while fishing.
i was Bass Fishing and casted and got hung on a tree on the bank moved the boat over and went to step out and get it un hung look down on the ground and a 5 foot long Rattlesnake was ready to strike if i got off the boat needles to say i lost that lure.
rallo316 Wrote:i was Bass Fishing and casted and got hung on a tree on the bank moved the boat over and went to step out and get it un hung look down on the ground and a 5 foot long Rattlesnake was ready to strike if i got off the boat needles to say i lost that lure.

I probably would have passed out right then and there...
I was trollin the boat along the bank and my dad got his lure stuck at the edge of the bank. So I took the boat over there and there was branches that were hanging over the water. I kinda just pushed them aside, but what i didnt know that there was a hornets nest in the tree. So there I was getting stung. I got stung 12 times before jumping in the water.

But I did get the lure unhung....LMAO
That must have been a great Lure...lol
Bengal4Life Wrote:That must have been a great Lure...lol
No, it was just a jig head. When we got back in the boat, I picked up the pole and it was unhung.......LMAO
baseballfan Wrote:No, it was just a jig head. When we got back in the boat, I picked up the pole and it was unhung.......LMAO

I'd say you were mad?
Bengal4Life Wrote:I'd say you were mad?
Aww not really, its just something now me and my dad can look back at and laugh about. Its now just a funny memory I have with my dad...Big Grin
Once I was fly-fishing and my foot got hung underwater. My waders filled up and I thought I was a goner.
rallo316 Wrote:i was Bass Fishing and casted and got hung on a tree on the bank moved the boat over and went to step out and get it un hung look down on the ground and a 5 foot long Rattlesnake was ready to strike if i got off the boat needles to say i lost that lure.

I bet you lost that pair of underwear too.
well 1 time i almost fell out of the boat i was a lucky man i didnt have a life jacket on
I was going fishing with a buddy and he was carrying a couple poles down a hill, he fell and a hook went all the way thru one of his fingers.
The Transporter Wrote:I was going fishing with a buddy and he was carrying a couple poles down a hill, he fell and a hook went all the way thru one of his fingers.
That happen to me once to. The hook went thru my middle finger.
No near death experience, but a lesson in karma:
Me and my buddy were wade fishing in a stream I know like the back of my hand a couple days after a rain. It was muddy and the current was steady.

About an hour into it my buddy was wading along the bank when he steps into the middle of a deep hole, stumbles, and falls. He remarks "Why didn't you tell me it was deep here?!?!"

I respond luaghing, "Live and learn..live and learn".

Literally 5 minutes later I then step between two rocks and fall in the middle of a 4 foot pool. The current catches me and my waders completely fill up with water.

As soon as I get my bearings and get to my feet there was my buddy laughing and saying "Live and learn...live and learn"
Me and my buddy nearly sank the boat when he forgot the plug and we were half way up the lake and ralized it when i stepped off the deck down to the console and water up to my knees
I've never had anything happen to me while fishing.

''Knock On Wood'' LOL
Me and some bros were out about thirty miles setup on a kelp patty. The patty was holding nice keeper size Dorado and blue perch. We could not get hit so my bro Reebs gets his gear on and dives in with the spear gun. He kicks down to about 15 feet and this rip current gets him and packs him about 50 yards from the boat. By the time we got to him he was white as a ghost. We pulled him over the rail and he claimed that while deperatley trying to kick out of the current he was carried past an 400lb class Mako. Well Reebs has a knack for blowing things up so we just kinda took his word light and went on cutting bait and trying to get those Dorado fired up. By the time we set back up an that patty we saw a fin and then the rest of the mako shark. He was pretty lit up which in salt water terms means ready to binge. He spooked all of our Dorados then we setup a baloon rig but he went down and never came back up. I would estimate the thing at around 8ft.
I was in a john boat on the lake one day and it came a monsoon that sucked we had a 7.5 hp motor and 2 miles get to the dock there was a foot of water in the boat when we made it back
Was out on the boat and a dang fish flopped in beside me!
Overrated Wrote:Was out on the boat and a dang fish flopped in beside me!

What kind of fish was it?
I could have swore the topic was near death experience.
OLDHOSS Wrote:What kind of fish was it?

GREAT WHITE
i was sittin there in the boat and i had just casted i was usin little pieces of elephant meat, (the marlins like its tenderness) and the next thing i look down and i see a 2 foot long barakuta comin right for my leg....luckliy it didnt get me:thanks:
Pages: 1 2