Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Mississippi Valley State @ Kentucky 12/7
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Whats your thoughts? This will make Kentuckys 2nd game in 2 days.
Thank God they are. They can erase the bad taste that is left from that horrible first half performance yesterday.
Cats can win this one!!! I believe in them!!! GO BIG BLUE!!!!
what time is the game today?
4 Pm
It will be on FSN South
thanks for the info
I pick UK, but it seems that these small schools are the only teams they are beating. They have 2 decent wins against K-State, and WVU, but no significant wins yet. It seems the bigger colleges play on another level both defensively an offensively than UK. They need to take pride in the Kentucky jersey and have more heart.
mcolem00 Wrote:I pick UK, but it seems that these small schools are the only teams they are beating. They have 2 decent wins against K-State, and WVU, but no significant wins yet. It seems the bigger colleges play on another level both defensively an offensively than UK. They need to take pride in the Kentucky jersey and have more heart.

Pride and heart has nothing to do with it. You have to recruit players that are athletic and can play the game. This bunch has not one player that can step up and knock down a pressure shot against a good team. They can all score when they play these inferior teams. Not one quality opponent have they beaten. K-state and WVU are as bad as KY, probably worse because KY beat them.
I'm not so sure BCG can coach or recruit. The jury is still out on him. Until he gets players that can put that jersey on and wear it for what it really means, it's going to be a very long time before KY is back where it belongs.
kyrifle Wrote:Pride and heart has nothing to do with it. You have to recruit players that are athletic and can play the game. This bunch has not one player that can step up and knock down a pressure shot against a good team. They can all score when they play these inferior teams. Not one quality opponent have they beaten. K-state and WVU are as bad as KY, probably worse because KY beat them.
I'm not so sure BCG can coach or recruit. The jury is still out on him. Until he gets players that can put that jersey on and wear it for what it really means, it's going to be a very long time before KY is back where it belongs.

i agree 100%
I agree you just because you have heart and pride doesn't mean that you can play basketball. We need some recruits coming in, some great recruits that are athletic and can play.
is anyone keeping updates
I agree too, but UK has talent. Not as much as other D1 Universities that will be making a run at the Final Four. But i was watching a replay of the Wisconsin and Marquette game this morning. Marquette was the under dog in the game just because they weren't ranked and Wisconsin was. Marquette brought everything they had to the court and left it there like a GOOD team should. They weren't playing slow motion like UK. UK has not had the intensity, (im talking getting the crowd up and crazy, showing emotions, chest pumps) in a long time. That along with selfishness and lack of experience is why it's going to be a long time before we see another UK title. That name on the Jersey, and RUPP Arena no longer is a scary place to play, because teams like Gardner Webb, and VMI can come there and win. That is SAD!!! I want to see UK Basketball back to the way it was when I was growing up!!!