Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: (21) Miami-73 Kentucky-67
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
final
Too many turnovers, not enough looks to Patterson, and no one that can shoot from the perimeter.
Meeks shot everytime he touched the ball. should have benched him harrelson should have had more playing time and Patterson should def. have had more looks we play again tommorow.
ComfortEagle Wrote:Too many turnovers, not enough looks to Patterson, and no one that can shoot from the perimeter.

I agree, too little Patterson. Why do we put our selves in a big hole in the first half of games. What was coach doing at end of the game? They were shooting threes when they should have been shooting twos and when they were shooting twos, they should have been shooting threes. Is Billy going to be the coach we need? I have not decided yet. Let's hope he can get some guards to commit the next couple years.
Meeks wasn't on fire like he has been in previous games. That needed to be called to his attention and he would have not shot a 3 everytime the ball made it into his hands. Patterson didn't get enough ball tonight, at all. Porter shouldn't have even played. We shouldn't have to play catch-up all game.
i got this game wrong....i thought we would win and make a statement with this game. i guess i got too excited, hopefully we will win tomorrow and redeem ourselfs. i really like the way liggins has been playing, hopefully he will get to start here pretty soon.
Horrible 1st half, when Porter fouled out everyone was clapping and yelling "its about time". If we wouldnt have played so bad the 1st half we could have won the game. I was wanting Meeks to shoot it everytime. He was the only one who wanted the ball or could hit anything.

I wish Harrelson would have play more though.
If Liggins isn't starting next week over Porter, something is bad wrong.
He played a great game tonight. Patterson worked hard for what he got. We definitely need some perimeter shooting.
Pupaw Wrote:If Liggins isn't starting next week over Porter, something is bad wrong.
He played a great game tonight. Patterson worked hard for what he got. We definitely need some perimeter shooting.
Very true, even though I dont like Liggins after not wanting to play last week he did good tonight.

We cant use Patterson that much if we cant shoot from the outside. I dont understand why they wont let meeks take it over to the wing and let Patterson post up. Then feed it to Patterson and if they double him, kick it back out to Meeks for the 3 ball?

Also, Im not gonna lose my job if UK loses so whatever. I guess everyone thinks these players are smarter than they are.
Poor defense in the first half and along with machine gun Meeks the Cats dug themselves a hole they could not climb out of . Why Harrleson doesn't play more is beyond me because he will get Patterson some help where stickman Stevenson can't. Billy Clyde better wake up and see who are the best players or elese he can go back to Texas.:howdy:
You can blame our perimeter shooting for not being able to feed the ball to Patterson, they were all over him and leaving our shooters open. BG has to adopt a new offensive scheme, the one we have now is terrible and we set no screens to get our players open. I agree, Liggins should be starting tomorrow, but give Porter some credit, he played very well defensively.
Please tell me one thing that Porter did that was good defensively.
From what I am reading on the other boards the crowd is going to boo Porter if he starts tomorrow.
yeah well that is not to good of a fan base there then... Its not going to help him play any better by doing that
Kentucky has the best fan base in the nation. But we just want to see the best players play.
For U Wrote:From what I am reading on the other boards the crowd is going to boo Porter if he starts tomorrow.
that would be pathetic. Sure, Porter doesn't have the offensive or defensive skills to be a great, or even good player for UK. But, the reason he starts is because he takes pride in the UK jersey, busts his tail in practice, and plays really hard.
I don't think he should start, or even get a great amount of playing time, but booing him would be such a disgrace.
Jimmy Dugan Wrote:that would be pathetic. Sure, Porter doesn't have the offensive or defensive skills to be a great, or even good player for UK. But, the reason he starts is because he takes pride in the UK jersey, busts his tail in practice, and plays really hard.
I don't think he should start, or even get a great amount of playing time, but booing him would be such a disgrace.

I Agree.
I really wonder about Billy G sometimes?? I mean he just doesn't come out with the right mix of players in a lot of games, including this one. He doesn't really care to let the Cats lose to learn a lesson when any dedicated loyal Wildcat follower knows that you must protect the UK program's history, pride and traditon. It seems to take Billy G too long to figure out what is happening on the Court and by the time her adjusts, it is often too late.
As to Porter starting, the fans shouldn't boo Porter, they should boo Billy G. Porter is only doing what the coach tells him to s0.
Meeks might average 25 a game or whatever, but who wouldn't average that if they shot it 20-30 times a game and gets over half of the points at the foul line. Don't get me wrong, the kid can play....but at times he can be very selfish. I mean take some shots and if they aren't falling you need to do other things when you touch it. For example, pass it and not force bad shots, penetrate the lane and collapse the defense then dish it off....anything other than forcing it and making bad decisions. PPat and Harrelson need to get more touches than anyone if you ask me....but that's why I'm not a basketball coach.
For U Wrote:Please tell me one thing that Porter did that was good defensively.

If you watched the game, you should know. He did an excellent job on McClinton while he guarded him, something Meeks failed miserably doing.

I was embarrassed tonight when the fans booed Porter when he came out of the game. He may not be as talented as most of our players, but he leaves it out on the floor.
IRISH4 Wrote:Meeks might average 25 a game or whatever, but who wouldn't average that if they shot it 20-30 times a game and gets over half of the points at the foul line. Don't get me wrong, the kid can play....but at times he can be very selfish. I mean take some shots and if they aren't falling you need to do other things when you touch it. For example, pass it and not force bad shots, penetrate the lane and collapse the defense then dish it off....anything other than forcing it and making bad decisions. PPat and Harrelson need to get more touches than anyone if you ask me....but that's why I'm not a basketball coach.
selfishness in the first half was one of the problems coach billy g adressed during the post game radio conference, stating that patterson was not getting enough shots up while others were shooting too much.
blackcat Wrote:You can blame our perimeter shooting for not being able to feed the ball to Patterson, they were all over him and leaving our shooters open. BG has to adopt a new offensive scheme, the one we have now is terrible and we set no screens to get our players open. I agree, Liggins should be starting tomorrow, but give Porter some credit, he played very well defensively.
Yes, you can blame our outside shooting. Of course they will leave us open, we cant shoot 3's besides Meeks sometimes.
The movement against the zone was non-existent. It took us 10 seconds to get the play started. Some people in the stands were calling it Tubby's offense.
Kentucky definately need to step it up!!
Porter was the only one that showed any effort on defense and any intent to pass the ball in the first half last night.

I hope he starts every game. The kid has heart. Something that seems to be sorely lacking in the rest of the team.

One thing noone has mentioned is the absence of Harris. I think Harris not being there hurt especially on the defensive end.

There is a reason why Porter and Harris got injured. The both play much harder, ALL THE TIME, than anybody else on that team.

If Patterson wants the ball he needs to make himself more available for it. If Liggins wants to stand there and shoot 3s he needs to do it in practice, If Meeks wants to shoot every time down court he could at least drive to the basket and draw some contact.

That first half was pathetic. Except for Porter.
Tough loss for the Cats. They will get better throughout the year!
UKisN1 Wrote:The movement against the zone was non-existent. It took us 10 seconds to get the play started. Some people in the stands were calling it Tubby's offense.

That is sad!!! I was hoping when BCG came to UK, we would see that hard nose Defense turn into transition fast paced basketball again. Tubby has Minnesota rolling this year, they are looking good. I would bet Tubby would beat UK now!!
Patterson can't get open more often due to the fact that he is double teamed because no one has to guard Porter.
Coach G needs to start his best 5 and # 13 should not be one of them.
We just couldn't contend with Miami, they are a top 25 team after all (or were) and I was kinda surprised Miami didn't suspend that one guy for throwing a punch against Ohio State.
Pages: 1 2