Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Kentucky 103 Lamar 61
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final
:letsparty
Patterson with over half of the points that Lamar's whole team had.

Hope those injuries turn out to be small.
Awesome!!!
Pat got hurt?
catsfan08 Wrote:Pat got hurt?

Harris and Porter did...here is the story

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3743295
Thats one way to get PORTER
out of the lineup and they played
better without him.
# 1 Knox Central Fan Wrote:Thats one way to get PORTER
better without him.
You should really be ashamed of yourself.

As should any others that say anything like that.:mad:
# 1 Knox Central Fan Wrote:Thats one way to get PORTER
better without him.

Rolleyes
I think one of the biggest differences with this team right now is that their shot selection has been much better, and they are penetrating to the basket and feeding it low a lot more. They are 13-27 from behind the 3 point line in the last 3 games.

Liggins is already good, but could be great for Kentucky the rest of the year and career at UK. Everybody seems to be improving, and Coach G has the whole team playing some good ball. I'm still not sold on some of his strategies right now, but we're looking good right now.

Saturday will be another good test to see where we stack up with some of the higher tiered teams.
I know everyone will get mad for me saying this, but i think the biggest difference in UK lately is that they are playing teams that SUCK. They got killed by carolina and thats the only real game they've had. And im not even gonna mention the VMI game. But when they beat a real team, then you can say they could be a decent team. WVU is weak this year, so that isnt much of an impressive win either.
Congrats Cats. They are playing some good ball right now. You can't really judge us for getting beat by UNC. They are the best team in the country and we held our own in the first half. They can make anyone look bad. So if your judging us by that game then yeah we suck.
Definitely not happy about the injury and viewing it as a way to keep Porter out of the lineup for a little while. I really hope both are okay and back on their feet tomorrow. That's a low comment to make.

Also, I agree that we may be looking good because we are playing some smaller teams and I don't see our wins over teams like that as a huge deal, but in those games you can tell that we are working out some kinks. I do look forward to playing some better teams and seeing how we fair.
Im not just judging on that game. Im saying you cant say they are getting better and playing good, because they are playing teams like Piarist lol. Who has heard of Lamar? Exactly. Im not saying they suck, im just saying you cant judge to see if they are getting better til they play a proven team.
Congrats Cats!
Don't look now but North Carolina is making Mich St look bad as well. The Tar Heels are up 22 on the Spartans.
By all means i did not want to see
Porter get hurt but i just dont see
him as a D-1 point guard he sucks
in my book and alot of other people
feel the same way about PORTER also.
Congrats Cats!!!!
Congrats to UK on the win. Great to see Landon get some playing time, even though he had a technical called on him in the second half.
Congrats Cats.
Congrats UK.
Hope the technical didn't hurt Landon's future PT!!!!!!
I agree with ya runninrebs21, besides the loss to UNC, UK hasnt played any top notch talented teams, and that is why they look so good. I have to give credit to Porter though, he is tough, I guess thats the football toughness in him coming out. He took the worst part of it and still got up. Harris is a wuss if you ask me, I dont care who gets mad at me for saying it. I think the team played better without both of them in the lineup. But I still cant say anything good about Patterson, sure he had 30 points or more or less, cant remember and dont really care, but he ONLY had 2 rebounds, 2. Come on people, you cant say hes a great or even good player when he doesnt rebound and plays just enough defense to get by. Liggins was by far the best player in this game, he had more rebounds than your god patterson. Maybe PP will be a good nba player, seeing as how all you have to do on most teams in the nba is score and just lag around on defense. UNC is far and away the best team in college ball, with or without Hansbrough, I dont see anyone contending with them, and they are playing way better teams than UK and demolishing them at the same time. One other thing that ****es me off is the fact that coach doesnt play any bench players when they are up by 20 or more points when the game is out of reach. Get some of those other players in there for some game experience. Even when he does put them in, its with about 2 minutes left and most of the time he takes them out a minute later. I seriously dont know how anyone could be proud of this team beating teams like Lamar, Longwood and some weak power conference teams in Kansas St and West Virginia, and they barely beat Kansas St anyway.
I think the team is making some progress. Hopefully, they'll be ready to go when conference play rolls around.
Braves_Fan_26 Wrote:I agree with ya runninrebs21, besides the loss to UNC, UK hasnt played any top notch talented teams, and that is why they look so good. I have to give credit to Porter though, he is tough, I guess thats the football toughness in him coming out. He took the worst part of it and still got up. Harris is a wuss if you ask me, I dont care who gets mad at me for saying it. I think the team played better without both of them in the lineup. But I still cant say anything good about Patterson, sure he had 30 points or more or less, cant remember and dont really care, but he ONLY had 2 rebounds, 2. Come on people, you cant say hes a great or even good player when he doesnt rebound and plays just enough defense to get by. Liggins was by far the best player in this game, he had more rebounds than your god patterson. Maybe PP will be a good nba player, seeing as how all you have to do on most teams in the nba is score and just lag around on defense. UNC is far and away the best team in college ball, with or without Hansbrough, I dont see anyone contending with them, and they are playing way better teams than UK and demolishing them at the same time. One other thing that ****es me off is the fact that coach doesnt play any bench players when they are up by 20 or more points when the game is out of reach. Get some of those other players in there for some game experience. Even when he does put them in, its with about 2 minutes left and most of the time he takes them out a minute later. I seriously dont know how anyone could be proud of this team beating teams like Lamar, Longwood and some weak power conference teams in Kansas St and West Virginia, and they barely beat Kansas St anyway.
well, if someone is a true blue fan and not fair weathered, they are going to be proud of UK and compliment their wins no matter what.
I never said I was a true blue fan. I am a fan of sports in general as well as many teams, not just one.
first off hope our boys get well soon.....congrats cats on another win first time all year uk had transition basketball and not over 25 turnovers thats the biggest and best difference it that game. Oh yeah first game i've seen that everyone shot the ball and wasn't relying on meeks to force up a crazy shot. its a big confidence boost when that happens no matter who it is against.
Braves_Fan_26 Wrote:I agree with ya runninrebs21, besides the loss to UNC, UK hasnt played any top notch talented teams, and that is why they look so good. I have to give credit to Porter though, he is tough, I guess thats the football toughness in him coming out. He took the worst part of it and still got up. Harris is a wuss if you ask me, I dont care who gets mad at me for saying it. I think the team played better without both of them in the lineup. But I still cant say anything good about Patterson, sure he had 30 points or more or less, cant remember and dont really care, but he ONLY had 2 rebounds, 2. Come on people, you cant say hes a great or even good player when he doesnt rebound and plays just enough defense to get by. Liggins was by far the best player in this game, he had more rebounds than your god patterson. Maybe PP will be a good nba player, seeing as how all you have to do on most teams in the nba is score and just lag around on defense. UNC is far and away the best team in college ball, with or without Hansbrough, I dont see anyone contending with them, and they are playing way better teams than UK and demolishing them at the same time. One other thing that ****es me off is the fact that coach doesnt play any bench players when they are up by 20 or more points when the game is out of reach. Get some of those other players in there for some game experience. Even when he does put them in, its with about 2 minutes left and most of the time he takes them out a minute later. I seriously dont know how anyone could be proud of this team beating teams like Lamar, Longwood and some weak power conference teams in Kansas St and West Virginia, and they barely beat Kansas St anyway.

Start with, congrats Cats. You bring-up UNC, why? Playing better teams?
UNC has played
UCSB
Chaminade
Oregon
N.C. Asheville

UNC next seven games in order
ORAL Roberts
Evansville
Valparasio
Rutgers
Nevada
Boston College