Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Ramon Harris and Michael Porter Injured
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Collided with Porter and it didn't look good.....Really hope it is nothing series.
Harris took a shot, as did Porter. Hopefully, Miller does really well so he'll become the starter over Porter. Porter doesn't need to be in there.
Well that's poor thinking when Ramon was taken out on a stretcher. Forget Porter, not in injury, but just about his playing time. Let's just hope they are both okay.
Brittany0121 Wrote:Well that's poor thinking when Ramon was taken out on a stretcher. Forget Porter, not in injury, but just about his playing time. Let's just hope they are both okay.

I agree
Good to hear Porter is back on the bench.
Porter is sitting out the rest of the game. He got 10 stitches above his right eye.

Still no update on Harris.
It was good to see Porter come back to the bench! I pray Harris is okay!
Radio just said that he is alert and undergoing tests. And he has movement in all extremities. So that's a blessing. Wishing him well.
Brittany0121 Wrote:Radio just said that he is alert and undergoing tests. And he has movement in all extremities. So that's a blessing. Wishing him well.

That's great to hear!
We'll know more within in the hour, they just said.
Harris is a wuss. Porter took the worst of that collision and people are acting like Harris is barely going to make it, **** people. I have seen worse injuries with that kind of contact and the people were fine and didnt have to go to the hospital. Praying for him isnt going to help when he was fine anyway, come on, get a life people. Porter should keep his place in the lineup and the rest of the pansies can stay on the bench. Ill take toughness over what most of these UK players bring anyday.
Braves_Fan_26 Wrote:Harris is a wuss. Porter took the worst of that collision and people are acting like Harris is barely going to make it, **** people. I have seen worse injuries with that kind of contact and the people were fine and didnt have to go to the hospital. Praying for him isnt going to help when he was fine anyway, come on, get a life people. Porter should keep his place in the lineup and the rest of the pansies can stay on the bench. Ill take toughness over what most of these UK players bring anyday.

Dude how do you know it didnt really hurt Harris at the time?. They just wanted to take precautions and go get em checked out. No harm in that
Braves_Fan_26 Wrote:Harris is a wuss. Porter took the worst of that collision and people are acting like Harris is barely going to make it, **** people. I have seen worse injuries with that kind of contact and the people were fine and didnt have to go to the hospital. Praying for him isnt going to help when he was fine anyway, come on, get a life people. Porter should keep his place in the lineup and the rest of the pansies can stay on the bench. Ill take toughness over what most of these UK players bring anyday.

I would have to agree. I'm sure Harris was hurting, but I've watched this about 6 or 7 times and I can't understand how you get a neck injury from a head butt? It just didn't look that bad to me. Anyway I hope both are OK.

Whiplash. You can't say that Harris expected to take a hit that hard in the back of the head.
Harris is a wuss? Really? You can't be serious. You have no idea what it means to be tough. And, you'd rather have someone who is tough and turns the ball over 3-5 times a game in Porter starting, over someone who actually can handle playing the point 75% of the time.
zulu Wrote:I would have to agree. I'm sure Harris was hurting, but I've watched this about 6 or 7 times and I can't understand how you get a neck injury from a head butt? It just didn't look that bad to me. Anyway I hope both are OK.

At the end of the collision, it is clear that Harris' head snaps forward, after being knocked back. While not as violent a collision, this head movement snap forward is what causes spinal cord injuries. I bet Harris felt some tingling and numbness in his extremities, which is why such caution was taken.

I have seen NFL players paralyzed on plays that didn't look like vicious contact. To call Harris a "wuss" in this instance is, hopefully, meant to provoke people. If meant seriously, it's a sad comment on how you view "toughness."
I mean it seriously, because like I have said, I have seen worse things and players get up and walk it off. I have had worse injuries than that and walked away fine. I guess its all in how you handle pain. Some people can handle it, then you have people like Harris. The only bad thing about it is he is one of the better defensive players on the team.
Braves_Fan_26 Wrote:I mean it seriously, because like I have said, I have seen worse things and players get up and walk it off. I have had worse injuries than that and walked away fine. I guess its all in how you handle pain. Some people can handle it, then you have people like Harris. The only bad thing about it is he is one of the better defensive players on the team.
Man, your crazy that it wasent a hard shot, He hit porter head on at full speed ( by the way he hit porter in one of the toughest part of the head, around you forehead) And wipflash is alot worse than any cut any day. I say Harris is a tough player cause you could tell that he wanted to get up, but the medical people would'nt let him up, due to they were afraid he might of hurt is neck or spine in anyway. Was a great job by the medical crew to take every precaution they could, i give hats off to them.
I am so sick of all of you people (half of which know nothing about basketball) dissing Porter! All I hear is Porter does this wrong. Porter does that wrong! First of all if Porter sucked he wouldn't be playing for UK let alone starting! You all act like Porter is the worst basketball player ever. I personally would like to see him take you all on in a good game of one on one! I'm pretty much 5,000,000% sure that Porter would blow every single one of you out of the gym! Angry
looked like a really hard hit. glad to see both players back