Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lane Kiffin Named Tennessee's 21st Head Coach
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Former Oakland Raider's head coach, Lane Kiffin has been named the 21st head coach at the university of Tennessee.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3737218
Tennesse hires Kiffin as new head coach.
He has some work to do.
This might be the equivalent of when Pitino came to UK. Except the UT football program isnt in as bad of shape as UKs B-ball program was when "Slick Rick" came in. Lane Kiffin was the recruiting coordinator at USC so the guy knows how to get players and UT will be tough again sooner rather than later.
The bigger part of this story is that his father Monte Kiffin, one of the best D coordinators of all time, will be following him there.
I hate to say it, but in a few years UT will be one of the nations best.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I hate to say it, but in a few years UT will be one of the nations best.

I'll take listening to that :Thumbs:
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:This might be the equivalent of when Pitino came to UK. Except the UT football program isnt in as bad of shape as UKs B-ball program was when "Slick Rick" came in. Lane Kiffin was the recruiting coordinator at USC so the guy knows how to get players and UT will be tough again sooner rather than later.

He was also the offensive coordinator there his last two years. Tennessee got a great young coach.