Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 2009 Middle School All-star game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Would like to see an All-Star Game held in Northeastern Kentucky for Middle School kids. Make suggestions of the breakdown and the more comments the better we can be on this. I have spoken to different locations and hopefully KCU will have their field in by this time next year.... WE ALL HOPE !!!!!
I know that they are willing to sponsor games, Bowl Games, Grids and other public venues after the field is finished.
1. Teams will consist of players from the Northeasten Kentucky teams.
2. Team break down will be by geographic location. Either East vs West.....or....North vs South.
3. The game can be held on the first Saturday after the Middle School championships as to not interfere with the new playoff system......

4. Other options are a Kentucky vs Ohio game that would pit our players agains the best of the OVC league. This is also an option and my be a better way to go.. Who knows???????

Just wondering about others input on this and trying to prepare for next year.
If this is a Kentucky-Ohio game the options to play are open and this game can alternate from year to year. Ohio has 4 JFL teams with TURF fields and this would help in playing later inthe year.

Lets see some thoughts on this.
Are you suggesting playing the game between confrence championships and the St playoffs?

I do not see this type of thing ever happening. I like the idea but it wont happen. Who is going to coach? When will the team practice? How will the team be selected?
The game will be after the State championship game. The kids would be selected from the NEKC teams and would represent the NEKC in halves, like I said North and South or East and West, maybe look at this NORTH-SOUTH game.
NORTH:
Russell
Raceland
Greenup
McKell

SOUTH:
Boyd
Lawrence
West Carter
East Carter

Could practice the Sunday after the State game if anybody is playing in it.Practice for a week and then play..... Each division coach would get with the other coaches intheir division and pick a total of 24 players. I dont think that youwould have much problems with the coaches getting along to make this happen at least I know it wold not be from the NORTH side....we all seem to get along anyway.. I have stood on the sidelines of many of the games with them and know them personally except for the McKell team and they all know the people from Greenup.....
I just know that this is for the kids and gives them a way to spread friendships and experiences with other kids they are going to see from here on out.. Better to interact with them rather than have them grow to hate a kid or single a kid out or something... In the long run they can play against each other but may eventually play inthe same team in college or this kid may be the only kid they know going away to a college and already know of them and made memories with them.........

Like I said,, this could be done if people were interested.
Specific rules would be adopted for the limited time of practice. Like running a BASE defense with no blitzes on D and not allowing the Offense to go No-Huddle......

Same rules apply to high school all-star games !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HS All star games are held at the end of the year. I miss understood it as more of an All State all star game. With those teams then yeah you might be able to do it.
OK, so I'm just a little confused... Nothing new, I assure you...

First, I LOVE the idea of the All-Star Game. What a great way to celebrate the tremendous talent the NEKC has to offer.

My confusion lies in this. You have Russell, Raceland, Greenup (Is this Wurtland?), McKell, Boyd, Lawrence, East, & West listed. I thought Wurtland (and maybe McKell) were leaving the conference and Raceland wasn't in the conference. Also, Ashland wasn't listed and they won the NEKC this year...

Is this a 6th grade version, or is this the 7th/8th grade NEKC

Sorry, I hope I don't seem ignorant, but I'm just trying to keep up with the ever-changing local football world.

DEVILOLOGIST Wrote:The game will be after the State championship game. The kids would be selected from the NEKC teams and would represent the NEKC in halves, like I said North and South or East and West, maybe look at this NORTH-SOUTH game.
NORTH:
Russell
Raceland
Greenup
McKell

SOUTH:
Boyd
Lawrence
West Carter
East Carter

Could practice the Sunday after the State game if anybody is playing in it.Practice for a week and then play..... Each division coach would get with the other coaches intheir division and pick a total of 24 players. I dont think that youwould have much problems with the coaches getting along to make this happen at least I know it wold not be from the NORTH side....we all seem to get along anyway.. I have stood on the sidelines of many of the games with them and know them personally except for the McKell team and they all know the people from Greenup.....
I just know that this is for the kids and gives them a way to spread friendships and experiences with other kids they are going to see from here on out.. Better to interact with them rather than have them grow to hate a kid or single a kid out or something... In the long run they can play against each other but may eventually play inthe same team in college or this kid may be the only kid they know going away to a college and already know of them and made memories with them.........

Like I said,, this could be done if people were interested.
Specific rules would be adopted for the limited time of practice. Like running a BASE defense with no blitzes on D and not allowing the Offense to go No-Huddle......

Same rules apply to high school all-star games !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
From what I understand Mckell and Greenup Wurtland will join forces next year as Greenup... I do know that this is what the talk is from down that way. I will say that if this happens then Greenup will be a team to deal with. I know that this sounds strange but the Wurtland team is good at 6th grade and McKell is also pretty good in the 6th grade, put these teams together and they compliment each other very well. backs and line combining to be a good team.

Raceland has spoken of joining the NEKC at the middle school level this coming year, I do know that Raceland has contacted me wanting to play 7th and 8th grade games next year.
I agree, it could be interesting...Oh and about Verity,,, I just forgot about them..they slipped my mind.

So you would see:
NORTH:
Russell
Raceland
Greenup Wurtland/McKell
Fairview ?????????

SOUTH:
Verity
Boyd
Lawrence
East Carter
West Carter

This could be a breakdown to look at too.... Just a thought, who knows. I was thinking about the teams we had seen inthe 6th grade division and Verity slipped my mind. I know they won the NEKC this year in both grades, they did very well. This is just a thought like I said and needs to be looked at from a couple of different angles. Just a thought.
Yeah this would be a good idea. Some of the top talent competing against each other. I like it.
Just FYI, the KMSFA is in the discussion phase of something like this statewide.

Our time frame was playing it during Thanksgiving break. That way, the players would be out of school and able to practice for several days. Play the game that Saturday.

Again, I don't have any other exact details to discuss other than we have talked about this idea.

Any input, to make this a statewide venture, would be welcome.
AWESOME!!!!!
But I think the NEKC ALL-STAR game would nice too.......
Its gonna be hard for anyone to be able to tell who Russells all-stars would be.
To be part of the NEKC all-star game you have to belong to the NEKC and since Russell no longer plays in the NEKC that takes all of our kids OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!