Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: How many football games did you play?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am looking at how many games a team played this past year during football season.
I know we played alot,, 20 plus games but we had 30 kids and all the kids got playing time. The reason I was asking is this. If you could schedule more games so all kids got a chance to play would this be better for you. I think yes!!!

As for us being a 6th grade team we were open to schedule as many games as we wanted. We scheduled games as to cover for people calling and cancelling, not showing up or unable to find games in the past.

I saw many teams with ALOT of kids on the sidelines that prolly did not get to play much,,I dont know that is just a statement.... But if you could schedule a game with a team and have a "JV" game with the same team would it be beneficial for the kids...

Just a thought, so if people could respond this would be great.

Russell 6th grade played 20 plus games this year
Russell 7th grade played 10
Russell 8th grade played 10.

How many games does your middle school play???
Where I live the middle schools play in the mid-west Kentucky Athletic conference and they only play eight games a season. they do not have any playoffs, who ever has the best record at the end of the season is the champion. I wish they had playoffs and played for a state title.
Adams 10 regular season and 2 playoff games
DcoachBf99 Wrote:Where I live the middle schools play in the mid-west Kentucky Athletic conference and they only play eight games a season. they do not have any playoffs, who ever has the best record at the end of the season is the champion. I wish they had playoffs and played for a state title.

Encourage your school system to join the KYMSFA. Then you would be able to participate in the state play-offs.
14 8th grade games with 2 of those being playoff games. Something like 6-8
7th grade games. There comes a point where having so many games can be dangerous/unhealthy. Next year we will be more in the 10 game range and if things workout right a few playoff games. Our 7th grade games are like JV type games.
Well we played 14 games all year 9 in conference. Over all we went 13-0 without loseing were we a very good solid team that noone in the mountains could beat, we played good teams too don't get me wrong NO push over teams!

we played...

Cumberland- score's.... 56-20
Pennington Gap Va.-46-0
Letcher County-8-6
Leslie County-76-13
Evarts-59-6
Knox County-18-6
Belfry-??
Johnson Central-28-8
leslie County-32-0 only 7th graders played!
Knox County-36-0

after all we won outr conference championship game too..46-16 over Evarts.
my bad folks we did'nt get to play belfry this year it was JCMS.
Mr. Amazeing,
Like I said before your team was a machine and I was surely impressed.

LCC played 13 games, 11 regular season games and two playoffs with a big championship game victory against a tough Sebastian team. Overall record of 11-2 with losses to New Harlan and Johnson Central, the two losses were by a total of 8 points, 2 to New Harlan and 6 to Johnson Central, Johnson Central loss was right after the New Harlan loss and in the New Harlan game we lost our team leader in Sam Sergent, we got back on track and won something like 8 games in a row to end the season.

Played 10 7th grade games and 10 5th/6th grade games.
Not real sure what is going on with New Harlan and a conference, I hope we can figure something out so we can play some games this fall.
thanks lambert #1 so was lcc very tough team..
Wurtland 6th was 12-6 this year (with 3 losses coming to a very good Russell team).
For the 2008 season the 8th grade played 13 games with 2 games in the conference championship.

The 7th grade played 14 games with 2 games being the conference championship and 2 games in the Kentucky Middle School Football State Championship.

Scheduling a number of games to permit all players a chance to play is a good idea and should be encouraged.
Lewis County had 10 8th grd. games(6-4), 8 7th grd. games(2-6), and 15 6th grd. games(13-2) with the 2 losses coming to a good Russell team in the championship 24-20 and a game riddled with injuries for the Lions vs. Greenup Co. McKell 28-22.
The 8th grade teams up north in the NKYMSFL play 7 regular season games. There is one round of playoffs and then championships (Championship teams max out at 9 games played.) I am suprised by the number of games teams in other parts of the state seem to be playing, seems like alot to me. Most of the 7th grade teams play around 5 to 7 games, it varies by team.
3rd grade = 10 games
4th grade = 12 games
5th grade = 12 games
6th grade = 12 games
These are approximate number of games for each team.
Floyd County C-team 3rd-4th grades---maximum of 10 games
5th-6th grades---maximum of 10 games
7th-8th grades---maximum of 10 games+playoffs
every team must play all county opponents---4 games of the 10 maximum. The other 6 are typically scheduled so all 3 levels can play, but not always.
I think Coach Howard at LCC Middle has one of the biggest amount of games to play this year. They field a 5/6, 6/7, 7/8, and a 8th grade team. Still won't know for sure until I see a schedule, but he has done a great job getting games in here.
We are limited to 9 games total for the year, this includes playoffs for the conference.
23 games for my team
betsy layne played 11 or 12 games last year