Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Kentucky 54 - West Virginia 43 (Las Vegas Inv.)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
UK looked horrible in the 1st half but come out and looked like a totally different team in the 2nd half.

Miller, Liggins and Harrellson done an amazing job off the bench as Stevenson, Harris and Porter never really got going. Yet another impressive performance by both Meeks & Patterson.

GO CATS!
omg lol wow i quit watchin it cause i thought we were going to loose.
UK outscored WVU by 22pts. in the 2nd half....this was a good game i think that Patterson, Harellson, Miller, Meeks, and Liggins played well together to me that should be the starting 5
The College One Wrote:omg lol wow i quit watchin it cause i thought we were going to loose.

congrats to UK
Big win for the cats, and a great second half performance.
Great second half by coach G and the boys........Now that was some KENTUCKY basketball, maybe not the traditional power house teams but the energy, hustle, and swagger was definately there in the second half.........and how bout the big blue faithful? Just another AWESOME big blue crowd changing the game.
First I want to say great win and I am tickled to death. Second... UK is awful I am glad WVU is worse than we are. If we dont get some better offense this is going to be a long year.
Meeks 19 pts. 12-12 ft. (named tourney MVP)
Patterson 15pts 10 rebs.
The offense is not going to get much better. Lavin said it a hundred times, UK just doesn't have that perimeter player that can create his own shot or shots for others.

I like this team though. Its ugly but they scrap and that is fun to watch.

Also you have different people stepping up. Last night Porter. Tonight Liggins and Harrelson.

Darius Miller is also impressive. Once he adjust to the speed of the game he is going to be great. He has very good court pressence and is always around the ball.
Amun-Ra Wrote:First I want to say great win and I am tickled to death. Second... UK is awful I am glad WVU is worse than we are. If we dont get some better offense this is going to be a long year.

If we play like we did from 10 min to the end of the game, then theres no doubt in my mind we'll be the best team in the SEC...........well maybe thats a stretch but if liggins (who will soon be the statrting PG) can limit his turnovers and learn to control and run an offense, Pat can get 10 to 12 touches, meeks gets his, and the the rest of the team play with the drive and hustle they did tonight then we can be a serious contender.
Kyboy13 Wrote:If we play like we did from 10 min to the end of the game, then theres no doubt in my mind we'll be the best team in the SEC...........well maybe thats a stretch but if liggins (who will soon be the statrting PG) can limit his turnovers and learn to control and run an offense, Pat can get 10 to 12 touches, meeks gets his, and the the rest of the team play with the drive and hustle they did tonight then we can be a serious contender.
If we start out againt Tenn like we have the past two games we wil be down 25 + at halftime. Our offense is horrid. We can get better and I sure hope we do.
Yea I definately agree......What I meant was if we play a COMPLETE game like we did the last 10 min vs WVU then we can compete with and beat the likes of Tenn. and Flordia, but if we come out like we have been we'll get SMACKED!
UK stats:

Micheal Porter....1 asst. 4 to's
Perry Stevenson....4pts. 2 asst. 3 to's 1 blk 1 stl 2-2 ft.
Ramon Harris....1 stl
Jodie Meeks....19pts. 5 to's 1 stl. 3 rebs. 12-12 ft.
Patrick Patterson....15 pts. 10 rebs. 1 asst. 3 to's 1 blk 3-3 ft.
Darius Miller....6 rebs. 3 asst. 2 to's
A.J. Stewart....2 rebs.
DeAndre Liggins....4 pts. 2 rebs. 3 asst. 4 to's 2-3 ft.
Josh Harrellson....12 pts. 10 rebs 2 to's 1 blk 1 stl 4-5 ft

UK outscored WVU 38-17 in 2nd half
UK had 16 bench points
UK had 23 turnovers
UK was 1-5 from 3pt 20%
UK was 15-30 FG 38.5%
UK was 23-25 on freethrow's 92%
UK had 36 rebounds....9 off. 27 def.
Raider_Nation09 Wrote:UK stats:

Ramon Harris....1 stl
A.J. Stewart....2 rebs.

UK had 16 bench points
UK had 23 turnovers
UK was 1-5 from 3pt 20%
UK was 15-30 FG 38.5%

exactly why Liggins needs to start, and i also like seein Pat Paterson knockin down them freebies, not alot of big men focus on free throws and Im glad he is
grrrr this team kills me...i love em i do i just dont think i can take much more an this is the beginning of the season lol.
Great win for the CATS tonight.
Liggins needs to play lower to the ground instead of straight up. I am sure he could get away with that in high school to setup up a crossover, but he will tend to getting pick if he keeps dribbling as high as he does. I agree with the lineup of,
Liggins-Meeks-Miller-Harrelson-Patterson...The play with fire! Patterson puts me in mind of Kevin Garnett with his enthusiasm! (Word doesn't look right, lol)
I don't care how well Liggins played. He REFUSED to go back in the night before. I would have REFUSED to play him last night-win or lose. TEAM PLAYERS AND TRUE POINT GUARDS DON'T REFUSE TO GO IN THE GAME. That burns me up, especially when other guys are sitting over there dying to go in. BCG better get a handle on that kind of behavior-QUICK!

Ramon Harris....1 stl
A.J. Stewart....2 rebs.

UK had 16 bench points
UK had 23 turnovers
UK was 1-5 from 3pt 20%
UK was 15-30 FG 38.5%

I think this adds up to 50%....lol
Need a few more OFF Rebounds as well.

Ramon Harris....1 stl
A.J. Stewart....2 rebs.

UK had 16 bench points
UK had 23 turnovers
UK was 1-5 from 3pt 20%
UK was 15-30 FG 38.5%UK was 23-25 on freethrow's 92%

Really? 15/30 38.5%. Your Math is different than my old school math. 15 is half of 30, so to me that is 50%.
ukbadmammajamma Wrote:I don't care how well Liggins played. He REFUSED to go back in the night before. I would have REFUSED to play him last night-win or lose. TEAM PLAYERS AND TRUE POINT GUARDS DON'T REFUSE TO GO IN THE GAME. That burns me up, especially when other guys are sitting over there dying to go in. BCG better get a handle on that kind of behavior-QUICK!

Yeah I don't know what Liggins was thinking but BCG and him have obviously talked about it and settled this or else he wouldn't have got to play last night.
Way to go Cats!!
catsfan08 Wrote:exactly why Liggins needs to start, and i also like seein Pat Paterson knockin down them freebies, not alot of big men focus on free throws and Im glad he is
Porter had a much better game than Liggins against Kansas State. It really makes me laugh when people jump all over a guy that has 100 Xs more talent in his pinky finger than they have in their body.

Play Porter and Liggins and whoever is having the better game and gives UK the better chance to win gets more minutes.

Last night that was Liggins because of WV's strength and physicality. Liggins was hardly perfect though. What made him much more valuable last night was his ability on defense and to rebound from the point guard spot.
Loved everything I saw in the second half.

My hats off to the Big Blue Nation out in Vegas.....looked and sounded like a home game for the Cats!
I think these are the types of games we will see from UK most of the season; low scoring, ugly to watch, grind it out type games. They don't have the offensive fire power to run and gun with teams (VMI, UNC), so they will have to play pressure defense, and hope to score just enough to win. Great 2nd half by the Cats, especially freshman DeAndre Liggins. Meeks and Patterson were of course excellent. Congrats, UK!
brain cramp Wrote:Really? 15/30 38.5%. Your Math is different than my old school math. 15 is half of 30, so to me that is 50%.

it was a typo its 15-39 for 38.5%
ya wvu went cold for about ten minutes and we made them turn it over
I think this tournament was two good wins for UK. Sure our offense is not that great right now but we have a lot of new guys and they need time to mesh together. Our D is good and it will carry us like it showed tonight. I don't know what is wrong with Perry but he needs to get his head out of the clouds or Harrelson will be the new starting 4 man if he isn't already. I am going to say it right now Miller is going to be a star.
Way to go Cats!!!
Chea Boy!!!!!! The Cats Are Back!!!!
Pages: 1 2