Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Tennessee-28 Kentucky-10
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
final...Phillip Fulmer wins his final game as UT head coach
This game was sad.
This was a very hard game to watch.
NIKE2010 Wrote:This was a very hard game to watch.
I had to turn the channel. I can handle losing. It was the Fat Phil Fulmer love fest that made me want to vomit.
Also I think we are starting to see why Hartline should stay at QB and get Cobb as many touches as possible in other ways.
I couldn't drink enough beer to watch all of this one. Just Like FBALL, had to turn it. I had to watch the USC game then flip back on occasion just to make sure.
jgrubby Wrote:I couldn't drink enough beer to watch all of this one. Just Like FBALL, had to turn it. I had to watch the USC game then flip back on occasion just to make sure.

Smile
You should have switched to Whiskey.
I agree with FBALL & jgrubby!

Hartline didn't look bad, now on to a bowl game which will more than likely be the Liberty Bowl.
Lets just move on to next season...Thats all i can say.
Shew, I really dont think that we deserve to be in a Bowl game...6-6
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:lets just move on to next season...thats all i can say

QFT
I was at the game,whoever num 3 is for the cats cost them the 1st drive and down hill from there..and why did they take Cobb out?
Listen guys I havent been anymore pleased than anyone of you with how this season went but we still have a bowl game to play and it wasnt that long ago that all of us on here wouldve been jumping for joy with a 6-6 bowl season. If we win our Bowl game that will give us three straight bowl victories and give us even more stability as far as recruiting goes. Combine our graduation losses with our injuries this year and its been a big accomplishment just to get to a bowl game with all the youth weve had on the field.
I had to turn this one off- the announcers were killing me!

Why can't they just comment on the game that is being played and leave everything else out of it? :confused:
Just no offense, and we are to beat up right now on both sides of the bowl for a victory in a bowl IMO! UT is a bad football team and just manhandled us last night. Just can't wait to get Newton here next year and let Cobb play at a slot where he is 10 times more comfortable playing! 6-6 is about where I thought we would be at this point, and think about it...WE SHOULD HAVE BEAT BAMA, SOUTH CAROLINA, VANDY, And GEORGIA!!!! So I can't be negative towards this team with the heart and desire that they have played with throughout!
belfry forever Wrote:I had to turn this one off- the announcers were killing me!

Why can't they just comment on the game that is being played and leave everything else out of it? :confused:

When the game is so boring & low scoring they have to find something to talk about to fill up the silence.
Cobb got pulled because he is not a good passer and teams are prepared for him now. The offense was ineffective to say the least.

I was hoping they would put Hartline in to start the second half.

I am so sick of hearing about Newton comming in. I for one am not that impressed. Yeah I watched him play and he was not that special. My guess is a redshirt.

Make Hartline the starter. Mix in Cobb at WR and a few snaps here and there at QB to change things up. Make teams prepare for both.

I'm not saying this because of one game. I didn't think it was the right choice to make Cobb the starter when they did it. One great game against Georgia and everyone was ready to annoint him. Look at the big picture.
Nothing but disappointment for the Cats, yet again.

The Tennessee love fest was horrible....It was like Fulmer was a God..I hate ESPN
good try cats still love ya
I hate Fill Fullmer. I hated this game. I hated the outcome. I hate every single thing about the University of Taliban. Fullmer sucks, and I hope he never lands another job for as long as he lives. No bagboy jobs, no walmart buggy bringer-inners, nothing. I absolutely despise that fat piece of **** for everything his sorry fatass is worth. I wish him nothing but the absolute worst. And it was nice that my Tide beat him the last two years of his miserable existance in (suck)Nutsville. Good to see Tennessee finish with a losing record (thank you UCLA at the first of the year, the only way Id ever root for a Pac 10 team) and not make any type of bowl. Great to know that Fullmer will go home to where Thanksgiving is obviously 365 days a freakin year and wonder how he continuously racks up top 10 recruiting classes to finish out 5-7. Well, Ill put an end to your wondering you fat piece of snitch garbage, ITS BECAUSE YOU SUCK! Snitching to the SEC or the NCAA on Alabama wont get you anywhere but beat. Check your sorry coaching skills at your extra wide door fatboy, YOUR JOBLESS. And I hope you are jobless, broke, and miserable forever. I remember you running up the score on Kentucky in '98 six days after Kevin Watts was seriously injured, Tim Couch lost his best friend, and the University of Kentucky was reeling from tragedy. I remember the touchdown pass that your starter Tee Martin threw in the 4th quarter with the score something like 52-21. What comes around goes around, where are you now? Anyways, enough of the joyful ranting on the man with the biggest gut in sports (who is now, remind you, out of a JOB), I did pick UT 27-13 I believe. I just dont have much faith in the UK offense. They did a fairly nice job of mustering 6 wins out of this year, which is exactly where I put them before the year. And they done most of that with defense, which is something I definitely did NOT pick before the season, lol..but put this one behind you Cats, lets go bowling and finish with a winning record!
I just do not feel good about going to a bowl game. When we deserve I am all for it, but we do not this time. But I will still be pulling hard for the Cats...
we made tenn look good
After having a 6 and 6 season i am not to sure if will be even considered for a bowl game because of so many teams being bowl eligble.
The SEC has 10 bowl commitments I believe from what I heard on TV yesterday. With that being said and only 8 SEC teams bowl eligible, then UK will get a bowl...probably bottom of the barrel, but should still be bowl bound.
bac2369 Wrote:After having a 6 and 6 season i am not to sure if will be even considered for a bowl game because of so many teams being bowl eligble.

Kentucky will be going to a bowl.

ESPN updated their bowl projections and they have UK playing Tulsa in the Autozone Liberty Bowl.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/bowlprojec...08&week=14
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Listen guys I havent been anymore pleased than anyone of you with how this season went but we still have a bowl game to play and it wasnt that long ago that all of us on here wouldve been jumping for joy with a 6-6 bowl season. If we win our Bowl game that will give us three straight bowl victories and give us even more stability as far as recruiting goes. Combine our graduation losses with our injuries this year and its been a big accomplishment just to get to a bowl game with all the youth weve had on the field.

I Agree 100%
Kentucky will be in Nashville or Memphis depending on what they want to do with Vanderbilt. It is interesting because they would get the higher bowl because they beat Kentucky but Nashville isn't very interested in them because of them being in Nashville the lose all of the money from hotels and things like that.
As for the game, which I was at, Kentucky just didn't play. They stacked the box on our offense and we can't throw down field good enough to get them out of the box, no matter which qb is back there. And when we do we dont have a WR good enough to go down field and catch it.
Two plays I want to point out on defense. First the interference call on David Jones in the first half was horrible. Made me mad, because the guy who called it had no business making the calll. Not saying Kentucky got cheated or anything, that was just a bad one.
Second I watched the tv version once I got home and they bashed Jones for getting burnt on the long td pass in the third. But if they had much sense they would see Kentucky was in the zone defense and our safety was lost. Brooks said in the post game show that the safety missed the assignment. But I don't know why we are in cover 2 and cover 3 against them as much as they run.
I follow Kentucky football a lot and changing the defensive style around the end of the season don't make sense, because we never zone.
As for the QB situation, the reason that Hartline looked better was for the same reason Cobb did earlier in the year, Tennessee didn't prepare for Hartline and it caught them off guard. I think Cobb gives us the best chance in a bowl game because we can design some things that will work for a game only and no more. But we had two weeks to do that this time, but didn't so who knows.
Sorry about the long post, I was just really hoping to get the victory this year.
But hats off to fat Phil, like him or hate him, the man is a good coach and it's sad to see him go, and UT will regret it, it was only last year they were in the SEC title game giving the National Champs all they wanted.
I talked with a lot of the UT fans before the game and they were all very mad about the situation and most of them wished us luck and said if it wasn't Fulmer's last game they would pull for us because we have more to play for. I had a lot of fans tell me that.
This game was very disappointing. This is not the same UK team that started the season. The defense seems to have trouble stopping anyone and the offense has been non-existent all season long (besides spurts). They need this time before the bowl game to get refocused on what they are doing.
Belfry Wins Wrote:Kentucky will be in Nashville or Memphis depending on what they want to do with Vanderbilt. It is interesting because they would get the higher bowl because they beat Kentucky but Nashville isn't very interested in them because of them being in Nashville the lose all of the money from hotels and things like that.
As for the game, which I was at, Kentucky just didn't play. They stacked the box on our offense and we can't throw down field good enough to get them out of the box, no matter which qb is back there. And when we do we dont have a WR good enough to go down field and catch it.
Two plays I want to point out on defense. First the interference call on David Jones in the first half was horrible. Made me mad, because the guy who called it had no business making the calll. Not saying Kentucky got cheated or anything, that was just a bad one.
Second I watched the tv version once I got home and they bashed Jones for getting burnt on the long td pass in the third. But if they had much sense they would see Kentucky was in the zone defense and our safety was lost. Brooks said in the post game show that the safety missed the assignment. But I don't know why we are in cover 2 and cover 3 against them as much as they run.
I follow Kentucky football a lot and changing the defensive style around the end of the season don't make sense, because we never zone.
As for the QB situation, the reason that Hartline looked better was for the same reason Cobb did earlier in the year, Tennessee didn't prepare for Hartline and it caught them off guard. I think Cobb gives us the best chance in a bowl game because we can design some things that will work for a game only and no more. But we had two weeks to do that this time, but didn't so who knows.
Sorry about the long post, I was just really hoping to get the victory this year.
But hats off to fat Phil, like him or hate him, the man is a good coach and it's sad to see him go, and UT will regret it, it was only last year they were in the SEC title game giving the National Champs all they wanted.
I talked with a lot of the UT fans before the game and they were all very mad about the situation and most of them wished us luck and said if it wasn't Fulmer's last game they would pull for us because we have more to play for. I had a lot of fans tell me that.

Agree that Jones wasn't at fault on the long TD. His cover skills are not very good though.

Disagree about Cobb giving UK the best chance to win a bowl game at QB. I have been one of the few that thought that Hartline should be the QB. I'm not down on Cobb but he is not nearly as tall and does not see well down field IMO. Let Cobb be a playmaker at WR and give him some snaps at qb during the game to keep defenses off balance.

Can't agree about Fulmer either. Hate him. Glad he's gone.
Pages: 1 2