Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Kentucky 74 Kansas State 72
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final
how did UK look i didnt get to watch it cause i dont have ESPNU
i thought uk looked good in spurts, gave away a 17 pt lead tho. we had 30 turnovers still, porter played better imo. and meeks played well, but turnovers killed us.
Do you really think UK WANS to play a team of West Virgnia's calibur at this point in the season? I'm thinking Patterson is wishing he was wearing God and Blue his seaon.
I thought everything considered they are playing better. Hopefully the turnovers will be cut down and until they get a handle on it they will continue to see pressure that makes every possesion interesting. You missed a good game there RN09 so it was a good idea for you to have those dvd's of Hannah MontanaCool to watch.
Raider_Nation09 Wrote:how did UK look i didnt get to watch it cause i dont have ESPNU

Had over 30 turnovers and somehow still won.
Mountaineer Fan Wrote:Do you really think UK WANS to play a team of West Virgnia's calibur at this point in the season? I'm thinking Patterson is wishing he was wearing God and Blue his seaon.

Smile

What caliber of a team is WVU?

Kentucky should have blown KSU out tonight but yet again turnovers kept KSU in the game.
What was the stat line for Patterson?
kybaseball Wrote:What was the stat line for Patterson?

27 minutes; 14 pts; 10 reb
How many did Meeks finish with? I watched the 1st half and thought UK had this one in the bag. Executing on almost all cylinders (except for turnovers), only to wake up this morning and see they only won by 2. LIL SHOCKING! However, from what I did watch of it , Porter looked to be much improved, Meeks couldn't miss, and Patterson did his thing! I think the Cats will take care of business tonight though!
i think 35 or 36 but he had 8 or 9 turnovers bu he did great from the line. he won the game for us.
@shooter35@ Wrote:i think 35 or 36 but he had 8 or 9 turnovers bu he did great from the line. he won the game for us.
37 according to ukathletics.com
This may have already been talked about, but accoring to the Lexington Herald website, Liggins refused to go back into the game last night.
Bluecat Wrote:This may have already been talked about, but accoring to the Lexington Herald website, Liggins refused to go back into the game last night.

If there's any truth to this???????? I SAY boot him! We don't need don't need anybody who refuses to go out on the court while wearing the greatest jersey in men's college basketball!
30 TOs, thats horrible.
Only reason UK won this game was because of their defensive play, and all the hustle plays that they made. Porter really played great on the D end, as did Stevenson with some big blocks. As usual, turnovers killed us big time, 31 turnovers and KSU had 26 or 28 points off of them whichever. Meeks was unconscious in the first half, was on an absolute roll. Overall, a wins a win despite 31 turnovers, bring on Huggy and WVU.
Wyatt Earp Wrote:I thought everything considered they are playing better. Hopefully the turnovers will be cut down and until they get a handle on it they will continue to see pressure that makes every possesion interesting. You missed a good game there RN09 so it was a good idea for you to have those dvd's of Hannah MontanaCool to watch.

o haha wyatt just u watch them dont mean that i do...and im not talkin about watching them w/ the lil ones either im talking about just for fun.....but im glad that UK played good

Quote:Bluecat
This may have already been talked about, but accoring to the Lexington Herald website, Liggins refused to go back into the game last night.

why would Liggins refuse to go back into the game? if this is true then i dont see BG to keep him on the team much longer
Kentucky had 31 turnovers and shot 69% from the field, 63% from the 3 point line, and 71% from the free throw line. Kentucky only missed 10 field goals the whole night! I have never seen a UK team shoot like they did tonight. That's the reason Kentucky won last night. They will not be able to turn the ball over 31 times and beat WVU tonight.
How did landon do. I heard he had 6 points. not sure tho
schs_06 Wrote:How did landon do. I heard he had 6 points. not sure tho

I'm almost positive he did not get in the game.
Jimmy Dugan Wrote:I'm almost positive he did not get in the game.

Yeh, im pretty sure he didnt play lol.. I mean the final score was 74-72... no offence to landon, but doesnt sound like the type of game you would want your freshman walk on to play in.
im glad i didnt watch this game then. i woulda been upset even tho we came out with the W. i hope we play better against west virginia.
Meeks played good and I'm not going to get on here and say he didn't, He put together one of the best 1st halfs that I'd seen this season. But when you have 31 turnovers and one player(Meeks) has 1/3 of them you'd think a timeout would be called to somehow adjust or something.
Mountaineer Fan Wrote:Do you really think UK WANS to play a team of West Virgnia's calibur at this point in the season? I'm thinking Patterson is wishing he was wearing God and Blue his seaon.

WVU is way over rated. If Patterson want's to be wearing those colors he's welcome to transfer. Ky with a bad team is still better than WVU.
kyrifle Wrote:WVU is way over rated. If Patterson want's to be wearing those colors he's welcome to transfer. Ky with a bad team is still better than WVU.

Patterson is not welcome to transfer.