Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pikeville in Top 10
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The Bears football team jumps into the top 10 for the first time in History this week!! They are ranked #9 in the NAIA polls released today!! :dance:

http://naia.collegesports.com/sports/m-f...05aaa.html
I am a local boy on the team and I think we are doing an alright job on the field, but I do think that some things are being done that if only others knew that would get us into some serious hot water. I know more than probably anyone on here, so don't try to second guess what I say. Mynatt is cutting local boys scholarships and giving it to out of state players. Leaving the local boys out to dry.
Those are some strong statements. I hope you have proof with these and arn't just doing this to piss someone off b/c you might be one of the local boys getting out-played by an out of state player. Which there is nothing that says players must come from the local area :thumb:
"pcbears" Wrote:I am a local boy on the team and I think we are doing an alright job on the field, but I do think that some things are being done that if only others knew that would get us into some serious hot water. I know more than probably anyone on here, so don't try to second guess what I say. Mynatt is cutting local boys scholarships and giving it to out of state players. Leaving the local boys out to dry.
You might be surprised by the information held by others on here as well.
You never know who's here!!
well i am glad to see PC doin well.
Way to go Bears!
"Beef" Wrote:Those are some strong statements. I hope you have proof with these and arn't just doing this to piss someone off b/c you might be one of the local boys getting out-played by an out of state player. Which there is nothing that says players must come from the local area :thumb:

Correct me if I'm wrong there chunk, I've been here for 3 years and started every down last season, so ask yourself am I getting out played by an out of state player???? NO...I've played just about every down this season as well, so there goes your wise guy theory thinking I'm getting out played. What makes me mad is that ever since Mynatt got here he's been looking else where and do whatever means necessary to get them here. For example ask yourself this, why in the world did I get my scholarship cut 2500 a semester? Is it because I wasn't preforming, NO, it was because he had to make room for his all universe corner. You just graduated so I'm assuming you can do this math 2500+2500=5000 that I'm going to have to find somewhere else since I can't go out and get a job... After this season is over with I'm done, and I would NEVER want to play here if I knew how dirty of a program Mynatt runs. That's why I'm gone, and when I'm gone from here I'll list everything that any of you think makes Pikeville look so good, but there is actually 99.9% of the time a dark side behind it all, or nothing would've got done. 7 more games and I'm gone, 7 more.
Man...I didn't mean anything about it. I don't even know who you are. But if you don't like t leave...which seems to be your plan :thumb: I wish you the best!
Congrats to the team on this accomplishment. I played last season on the team that got as high as 12 in the nation, but fell short of the playoffs due to a game in which we slacked off against North Greenville. The statements about Mynatt are true. I was supposed to be getting 1500 a semester, but never saw the first penny. Every time I asked him where my money was he would always say he didn't have it after I signed then told me he would put it off to the spring semester when some of the seniors were gone. Well they were gone and did I get my money??? NO, I continued to play because I loved playing football. He once again told me that my money would be there the first day we reported for fall camp, well fall camp came around this season and I went straight to the financial aid/student services place to check on my scholarship and it once again wasn't there.

I went straight to Mynatt and asked him where my money was. He said it was there and I had to show him a copy of my statement that it wasn't before he would believe me because he accused me of lying to him. Then he even went on to say that he had to take all the players he brought in to the people and make them put their money in...when I asked why he didn't do that for me, he didn't have anything to say. So I told him that he should have done that for me. Now the man won't look at me, I won't even call him a man because he is afraid of confrontation and never sticks up for himself. So now I'm stuck out in the cold on the outside looking in because I wasn't about to play for a man that lied to me, calls me a liar, and doesn't do what a letter of intent says and then gives all his money to kids out of state when the program was intended for giving eastern Kentucky kids the oppertunity to play college football. I know all kinds of other kids that he has done that to as well, but I won't mention any names but a bunch of them came from Sheldon Clark a few years ago.

About this team, I'm very happy for my former teammates and they know just as much as I do that I should be playing with them because they've all told me that and said I was done wrong. Do I see them beating Cumberland College (University of the Cumberlands now) or Georgetown???? I don't know, but their QB is going to have to step up his game a lot because he is very inconsistent at times and sometimes misses a wide open receiver. Also, he needs to learn to slide before making contact or he won't make out of those games with a head on his shoulders. I'm being critical of him because he's the heart and soul of the team, but he is only a freshman so it'll come...I have faith in him. Also, the defense needs to tighten some things up....but John Craeger will have them in check or die trying.

Anyway, congrats on the honor...but don't get the big head yet. You haven't beat a quality squad yet. Go BEARS!!!!!
Go Bears
congrats to the bears
I'm with FatMan GO Bears
Nice to see this ranking.

As for the two players that sucks. Have you taken this situation to anyone higher than the coach?

As for the way he's doing this it really isn't that strange. Teams do this to some point all the time. Local University's for example will recruit the heck out of local players but try their best to get them to Walk-on for at least one year with the possibility of getting a scholarship in the later years. This way they can get good local talent for free and still be able to use the scholarship to get additional talented players that don't live close enough and could only come to play with the scholarship. College sports is anything but fair. They do what they can to get as many good players as possible.
Yeah, I mean I support them because I was on the field shedding the blood, sweat, and tears right along with them. The two a days, three a days in the 100 degree weather on turf....6 a.m. practices....I done it all. Still, when you sign a letter of intent the money should be there because it is a contract....but he lost one player that made his squad look good because I was academic all-conference/all-american. I do believe every player on last years squad that earned the awards I did is no longer part of the program for the same reason...should've gotten something for making Pikeville College look good. All that's said and done though, water under the bridge....I'm about to graduate soon anyways. Good luck tomorrow against Kentucky Wesleyan and bring home a conference crown.
Pikeville looked ugly today. The only bright spot on the field had to be Nick Jamerson. 3TD's on a little pop pass right. He is the reason they won that game, glad to see a local boy outshine all the out-of-staters. Keep it up Nick, you are a dandy!!! As far as Pikeville, I think they are overrated. 4-0 but should be 1-3. When they get to top level teams in their conference they won't be able to fall behind like they did today and come back. If any team has a decent run/passing game they will give them fits. Their team isn't anything like it was last year. Union is very capable of beating this team.
Way to go Nick!!!
Whats the over all records of the teams,that pikeville has beat.
They defeated Atlantic College and they aren't a 4yr school from what I've heard...they give degrees in plumbing, masonry,etc. Other than that, idk the teams overall records. Pikeville has pulled out some close games against N. Greenville, KY Wesleyan, Campbellsville (4th qt) and here recently against Cumberland Univ. in Lebanon TN. Other than the opening game it could've went either way. The Bears are pretty solid, but are in DESPERATE NEED of a quaterback. They can't win against Georgetown and University of the Cumberlands with the qb going 10-36 with 3ints. I've noticed that the defense isn't as strong as last season with almost the same crew other than Michael Sheppherd, Justin Gordon, and Antwan Brown. Congrats on the win Bears....keep it up and bring a National title to the area. Just straighten out the week spots and you'll be fine.
New rankings out this afternoon.
any top 15 school will kill them