Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Weis uses play called by dying 10-year-old boy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Charlie Weis doesn't usually let anyone else call plays on offense. He made an exception for 10-year-old Montana Mazurkiewicz.

The Notre Dame coach met last week with Montana, who had been told by doctors weeks earlier that there was nothing more they could do to stop the spread of his inoperable brain tumor.

"He was a big Notre Dame fan in general, but football especially," said his mother, Cathy Mazurkiewicz.

View the Entire Article
Very Sad story. Great man Weis, Don't know how many people would have still done that in that situation
yea i am glad to see he was true to his word.
That's was great of Weis
Great story. I guess I can't totally hate the Irish any longer.
It is a great story. And even more amazing of Weis was the fact that he ran the play asked of him from his team's own 1 yard line. Weis has earned the respect of the world in my mind with the actions he's shown so far.
Sad such a sad story Sad
yea and makes it even better when u know that the play went for a first down....
they were just talking about this on gameday...terrific story
I saw it...it was GREAT!
Awwww love that kid's heart.
Weis is great for doing this because anyone who would not answer a kid's dying wish...
This is great though and who knows? A miracle may happen, the kid could survive for alot longer than predicted, and he will always have this memory.
He died on the Friday before the game. And Weis found out when his team was in Washington getting ready for the game. Even though the kid was gone, he still honored his wish :Thumbs: