Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Which Fans are Worse? Lville or UK
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This should be a good thread.
Of course I gotta say LVille.
I lived in Lexington and Lville now but im also a UK fan.
Loserville, They think they're number 1 no matter how bad they lose. And if they win they brag endlessly, but they're in the Big Least, I mean come on UK plays in the toughest sports conference in the nation in the SEC.
Louisville fans always give their teams too much credit, and UK fans expect too much too soon.
I voted Louisville, but it was close for me.

I'm often ashamed to say I'm a UK fan because of how ridiculous the majority of the fan base acts over a player who messes up, or a coach who to them "isn't gettin' it done".

Kentucky has the market in the "Fair-weather" fan category. When times are tough UK fans are rarely seen or heard from, but when UK gets good at something (Football) these fans say they were there all along and knew things would get better.

But like CE said, Louisville fans think they are head and shoulders above every other team even when they're awful.
UofL fans are terrible if they win they brag about any thing they will brag about a 2 yard pass!
LOL are you serious. Uk fans are the dumbest people in the world. Yea you team was great...YEARS AGO. You all depend on your tradition because its all you have. For years now UK has not been as good as all the fans say they will be. UK fans have to high expectations which are never achived by there decent teams.
dore20 Wrote:LOL are you serious. Uk fans are the dumbest people in the world. Yea you team was great...YEARS AGO. You all depend on your tradition because its all you have. For years now UK has not been as good as all the fans say they will be. UK fans have to high expectations which are never achived by there decent teams.

The last time UofL won the NCAA championship - 1986 (their 2nd championship)

The last time UK wont the NCAA championship - 1998 (their 7th championship)

UofL - ranked 18th in all-time winning % - 65.4%

UK - ranked 1st in all-time winning % - 76%

'nuff said.
Its even IMO.

UK fans are dumb and think that we have the best players in the world and that we should win every game, whether its football, basketball, baseball, etc.

Louisville fans think that they have the best team in football & basketball year in & year out.

Both are spoiled/proud fans!
Louisville
U of L.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Its even IMO.

UK fans are dumb and think that we have the best players in the world and that we should win every game, whether its football, basketball, baseball, etc.

Louisville fans think that they have the best team in football & basketball year in & year out.

Both are spoiled/proud fans!

I disagree with your statement that UK fans think we have the best players in the world. I think we know when we are loaded and when we are not (cough Jared Carter cough).

Now, even though we realize we might not have the most talented players in the country, I can agree with you that we still expect them to win every game.
Louisville fans expect a win, Kentucky fans hope for a win

Who is gonna be raising heck?
ComfortEagle Wrote:I disagree with your statement that UK fans think we have the best players in the world. I think we know when we are loaded and when we are not (cough Jared Carter cough).

Now, even though we realize we might not have the most talented players in the country, I can agree with you that we still expect them to win every game.

I know that their are a few players on UK's roster that fans understand aren't very good, but its players that BCG has recruited in the past few years that fans think are the best in the world and think that their jersey will be in the rafters one day like Miller, Harrellson, Liggins, etc.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I know that their are a few players on UK's roster that fans understand aren't very good, but its players that BCG has recruited in the past few years that fans think are the best in the world and think that their jersey will be in the rafters one day like Miller, Harrellson, Liggins, etc.

I haven't heard anyone say anything remotely close to that. If anything, I think we have very strong expectations for next years team. But I don't know of anyone who is expecting those aforementioned to be hanging from the rafters.
ComfortEagle Wrote:I haven't heard anyone say anything remotely close to that. If anything, I think we have very strong expectations for next years team. But I don't know of anyone who is expecting those aforementioned to be hanging from the rafters.

I'm not saying that fans said that, but when some speak of those players expectation they blow it way out of proportion.
ComfortEagle Wrote:The last time UofL won the NCAA championship - 1986 (their 2nd championship)

The last time UK wont the NCAA championship - 1998 (their 7th championship)

UofL - ranked 18th in all-time winning % - 65.4%

UK - ranked 1st in all-time winning % - 76%

'nuff said.

Like i said, rely on your tradition because in there here and now your team is not that good.
Both UofL and UK fans is what they call band-wagon fans. When they are winning they are for that team. When they are not, they don;t want to have anything to do with them.
cj2561 Wrote:Both UofL and UK fans is what they call band-wagon fans. When they are winning they are for that team. When they are not, they don;t want to have anything to do with them.

All teams have their bandwagon fans, but I was at the Vandy game Saturday night where it was in the low 30s & freezing rain and over 60,000 fans stayed at Commonwealth even when UK was down 24-7 in the 3rd.

If that isn't loyal fans, then I don't know what is.
both lol
Jshort5 Wrote:Loserville, They think they're number 1 no matter how bad they lose. And if they win they brag endlessly, but they're in the Big Least, I mean come on UK plays in the toughest sports conference in the nation in the SEC.

And UK fans don't do that. Please...get a grip... ooo we have won so many national championships....blah blah blah. Let us live in the here and now. Who has been more successful in the last couple years.

UK fans are def worse because for some reason they have the hardest time realizing when a team is actually better than them.

And the Big Least did you say. 6 teams in the top 25, three of which in the top 5, in the nation are in what conference, I believe that is the Big EAST. That compared to the staggering 2 that the SEC have. Do some research before you spout of about something you haven't a clue about.

The SEC has turned into a football conference no doubt about it. The Big East has never been a huge football power like the SEC. But basketball is a completely different story. I would love to see and SEC vs. Big East match up in mens basketball. Team for Team the Big East is better.

There is another thing about UK fans, they are to concerned with what is happening with their team, they don't pay attention to how much better everyone else has gotten than their precious Wildcats.
frankie21 Wrote:And UK fans don't do that. Please...get a grip... ooo we have won so many national championships....blah blah blah. Let us live in the here and now. Who has been more successful in the last couple years.

UK fans are def worse because for some reason they have the hardest time realizing when a team is actually better than them.

And the Big Least did you say. 6 teams in the top 25, three of which in the top 5, in the nation are in what conference, I believe that is the Big EAST. That compared to the staggering 2 that the SEC have. Do some research before you spout of about something you haven't a clue about.

The SEC has turned into a football conference no doubt about it. The Big East has never been a huge football power like the SEC. But basketball is a completely different story. I would love to see and SEC vs. Big East match up in mens basketball. Team for Team the Big East is better.

There is another thing about UK fans, they are to concerned with what is happening with their team, they don't pay attention to how much better everyone else has gotten than their precious Wildcats.

There is a Big East vs SEC thing this year in basketball I believe. I think all the games will be on ESPN classic. I know Louisville plays Ole miss the same night UC plays Miss state. Both games are at US bank arena. Im sure there are other Big East vs SEC matchups as well.
Yes there is a SEC VS Big East Invitational. http://www.secbigeastinvitational.com/
dore20 Wrote:Like i said, rely on your tradition because in there here and now your team is not that good.
same as your football, oh wait you dont have tradition.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:All teams have their bandwagon fans, but I was at the Vandy game Saturday night where it was in the low 30s & freezing rain and over 60,000 fans stayed at Commonwealth even when UK was down 24-7 in the 3rd.

If that isn't loyal fans, then I don't know what is.

There wasn't no 60,000 people there, maybe 35,000. I was there sec. 135 row 35 sent 2. My cousin mother-in-law got season tickets. She let him go to 2 or 3 games a year. I might have to go to some more games next year. My girlfriend is a big UK fan. I told her i will take her next year.
cj2561 Wrote:There wasn't no 60,000 people there, maybe 35,000. I was there sec. 135 row 35 sent 2. My cousin mother-in-law got season tickets. She let him go to 2 or 3 games a year. I might have to go to some more games next year. My girlfriend is a big UK fan. I told her i will take her next year.

Smile

35,000... Where you intoxicated?
RavenBoy Wrote:same as your football, oh wait you dont have tradition.

Did i say anything about football...No, you need to read a little more.
Louisville

I know that every person that is for Louisville thinks that Uk fans are worse because we brag. well you know what idc if you think that we're worse cause at least we have something to brag about.... and yes we do expect a lot out of our basketball teams because we have been the best before and we want to be the best again. Now we may not come out and say we support them 24/7 when they're down but we do, cause WE BLEED BLUE
ladypatriot55 Wrote:Louisville

I know that every person that is for Louisville thinks that Uk fans are worse because we brag. well you know what idc if you think that we're worse cause at least we have something to brag about.... and yes we do expect a lot out of our basketball teams because we have been the best before and we want to be the best again. Now we may not come out and say we support them 24/7 when they're down but we do, cause WE BLEED BLUE

There is the problem, UK fans dont say that. You all still think you are the best no matter what. Yea you USE to be but your not anymore.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Smile

35,000... Where you intoxicated?

No, but i have a good buzz going. Was you intoxicated. Commonwealth only hold about 68,000. There was 20,000+ seat with no one in them.
cj2561 Wrote:No, but i have a good buzz going. Was you intoxicated. Commonwealth only hold about 68,000. There was 20,000+ seat with no one in them.

The actual attendance at the game was around 55,000 according to catspause.

So if you round it out, I was right.Wink
Pages: 1 2