Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Kentucky vs. Vandy - 11/15/08
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Sat @ 8 pm

UK-6/4
Vandy-5/4
If UK plays the way they did against Georgia, then they will win this game.
Protect_This_House26 Wrote:If UK plays the way they did against Georgia, then they will win this game.
Ill agree with that and they will destroy them. Hopefully our Defense will show up.
RavenBoy Wrote:Ill agree with that and they will destroy them. Hopefully our Defense will show up.

Me and you both. Our defense hasn't showed up the past two games. We need our defense to play like it did at the beginning of the season.
If Cobb plays like that again except the last pass we will kill Vandy.
Vandy cant score like Georgia did.
Must win for the Cats so I'll be making the trip to Lexington for this one.

I expect the Cats to win and get there 7th win on the season that locks up a bid to a bowl game.

Kentucky- 24
Vanderbilt- 14
Cats-28
Commodores-21
I will be there for this game. I think the Cats bounce back from a tough loss to UGA to win on senior day and get there 7th win of the season.
UK-28
Vandy-14
Kentucky by 2 td's
If Cobb can do the same stuff he did this past week against the bulldogs, I expect UK to win this game fairly handily

UK - 35
Vandy - 17
Ill say UK by 3
The Cats are terrible this year.

Vanderbilt by 6
If...Then Wrote:The Cats are terrible this year.

Vanderbilt by 6

:thatsfunn Yeah they've been awful this year after losing the likes of Woodson, Little, Tamme, Burton, Johnson, and Woodward. We must have been watching different games yesterday, because I saw a pretty good team.

Should be a good, close game as Kentucky wants to avenge this loss, and Vandy wants a bowl game pretty bad.

I'll take Kentucky by a touchdown, 28-21
I'll take UK by 10.
If...Then Wrote:The Cats are terrible this year.

Vanderbilt by 6

How can you be a UK fan and say that they are terrible.
I know of several people who have a room dedicated to the UK Wildcats. Blue walls, Uk chairs and rugs Lamps with the logo. Heck, if I could find Tennessee toilet paper it would be in my bathrooms as well. They are down because of injuries and a loss of a couple of graduates. They used what they had against Georgia and almost pulled it off. I saw a great game Saturday! They didn't quit on Kentucky, so don't quit on them. They need a fan base more than ever. This will only help with the recruits in the years to come. Let alone whats left in this season. UK pulls this off and beats Vandy by 2 TD's. Go Cats!!!
uk will win this game. it will be ugly, but uk will win out this season. i see them playing maryland in the music city bowl again. uk has played everyone close, with exception to florida who i feel will be in the national title game with texas or texas tech, but thats another thread, uk will win on senior day and win good. vandy will be tough, but the cats can pull it out.
stroked Wrote:uk will win this game. it will be ugly, but uk will win out this season. i see them playing maryland in the music city bowl again. uk has played everyone close, with exception to florida who i feel will be in the national title game with texas or texas tech, but thats another thread, uk will win on senior day and win good. vandy will be tough, but the cats can pull it out.

If they win out, there's no way they go to the MCB. They'll go to the Peach Bowl if they win the next two games, maybe even if they just win one.
Uk wins it by 2+ tds. I just wish the offense and the defense would show up on the same day. We could be pretty dangerous.
Why do people think kentuckys going to beat vandy? Vandy came closer to beating Florida than kentucky did. pluse Vandy hase a better offence.
BAMA#1 Wrote:Why do people think kentuckys going to beat vandy? Vandy came closer to beating Florida than kentucky did. pluse Vandy hase a better offence.

Hase? What is hase?
BAMA#1 Wrote:Why do people think kentuckys going to beat vandy? Vandy came closer to beating Florida than kentucky did. pluse Vandy hase a better offence.

Explain how Vandy's "offense" is better than Kentucky. They haven't broken 20 points since September 20th (6 games) .
they have a way better QB and WR. Just believe me when i tell you Vandy will win.
BAMA#1 Wrote:they have a way better QB and WR. Just believe me when i tell you Vandy will win.

What are you talking about? They don't even have a full time starter at QB. Randall Cobb has a better QB rating than both guys they have, and Hartline has more touchdowns than either of them. Vandy hasn't even thrown for 1,000 yards on the season. Nickson can run ok, but Cobb has the same YPC average and the same amount of rushing TD's in less carries.

What WR are you talking about, because I don't see anything that stands out as that great?

I'd like to believe you, but I honestly have a difficult time believing that you know that much about Vandy or the SEC for that matter.
BAMA#1 Wrote:they have a way better QB and WR. Just believe me when i tell you Vandy will win.

So is the Qb for Vandy a punt returner?? I don't think so. UK will win this game.
Uk by 2 td's

You are talking about the same Vandy team that only scored 7 points on Duke. Also the same Vandy team that got beat by Mississippi State (who UK beat) and only put up 14 points on UGA while UK put up 38 on UGA. I dont see how you can honestly say that Vandy's offense is better.

If you want to predict a Vandy win over UK, that's fine and good, but your reasoning falls flat.

Vandy came closer to beating Florida? :eek: Did you even watch any of that game? I did, and it was over early. Florida rolled to a 35-0 halftime lead, which was up to 42-0 before Urban Meyer called off the dogs and took Tebow out. And Vandy played this game at home, while UK had to go to the Swamp. So I don't think either team has anything to brag about when it comes to how they played Florida.

And a better offense? Here are Vandy's scores the last five weeks: 14, 7, 14, 14, 14. They are averaging 20.2 PPG for the year, while UK averages 23.5. So I don't see what you base that statement on.

Why do people think UK will beat Vandy? Because they almost beat Georgia, the #10 team in the BCS, this past weekend. And trust me, Vandy ain't no Georgia.
The offense really looked good with Cobb at QB.
UK-28
Vandy-14
Here are how UK and Vandy have fared against common opponents this year:

South Carolina = UK loses 24-17, Vandy wins 24-17
Misissippi State = UK wins 14-13, Vandy loses 17-14
Georgia = UK loses 42-38, Vandy loses 24-14
Florida = UK loses 65-3, Vandy loses 42-14

Each has gone 1-3 against their common opponents, so no difference is apparent there. Let's look at their other games, discounting games against lesser schools.

UK = beat Arkansas 21-20, beat Louisville 27-2, lost to Alabama 17-14
Vandy = beat Auburn 14-13, beat Ole Miss 23-17, lost to Duke (!) 10-7

Here is where I see a difference. Each beat a couple of average opponents, but UK played the #1 team to a close loss, while Vandy lost to the perennial powerhouse known as Duke. Advantage UK.

I say that a newly energized UK beats the desperate Commodores, who are in danger of seeing a 5-0 start spiral into a bowl-less season. UK's defense clamps down on Vandy, and the offense does enough to win.

Kentucky 27
Vandy 13
Pages: 1 2