Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Georgia 42 Kentucky 38
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final.
Im getting tired of these screen passes UK runs, grow a set and throw it down field. Maybe they will now since it cost us the game.
UK really might win the sec next year i think...
I have nothing to complain about. Most thought coming into this one that our defense would keep it close, but it was the other way around as our offense was the one that kept us in this game.

I feel so bad for Randall Cobb because he couldn't have played any better today and neither could have the Cats.

Keep your heads up Cats because the next two are ours!
this was a great game! terrible call for the last play...
dore20 Wrote:UK really might win the sec next year i think...
The funny thing is that we always say that. Always next year! Both played thier hearts out. The offense had a better tempo, they just blew the biggest break of the year.
Well great schowing by the cats tiem to build off this game and win the next to and end the season 8 and 4. This is the offense we all expected to have all season and they have finally came into their own.

Can not wait to see you all complain about Cobb. Saying he cost us the game and what not. Guess what if it was not for his 3 rushing TDs we would have got killed. Oh yeah and he did bring us back from 14 down.
I thought the Cats played a great game. If Lindley was in there at the end, Georgia wouldn't have got all those big pass plays which is what cost us.
what happen to Lindley?
RavenBoy Wrote:Im getting tired of these screen passes UK runs, grow a set and throw it down field. Maybe they will now since it cost us the game.

I have to agree, Kentucky has used them up in the past couple of years and makes it easy for defenses to prepare against them.
Pretty solid effort....Gave up some big plays, but also had some big plays of our own too that you don't normally see.....I thought Cobb did as good as you could ask a true freshmen to do in a game against the #13 (14?) team in the nation....It's tough to lose, and its going to hurt like **** until next Saturday....Like other people have already said, the next two are ours....Go Cats
I have one thing to complain about....David Jones. He has to be the worst DB in the SEC. How do you let Greene have that much separation in the endzone to score a TD? David Jones should have never left him, but naturally he does and it winds up being the game winning TD. If you noticed, UGA went his way all day long and burned him deep several times and should have beaten him more had Stafford been more effective with the long ball. I would sit him the rest of the year and let someone else play.

Other than that, I was impressed with UK today. Their running game was amazing for a change. I think that ended up hurting them at the end because they didn't have to throw the ball all game. When you don't have to pass that much throughout the game, and are forced to at the end, it really throws you off. And it showed on the screen pass.
Raider_Nation09 Wrote:this was a great game! terrible call for the last play...

The last play was smart. You always kneel down for the victory!
Our Offense was awesome except the last drive but where was our Defense at today?
The Cats played great today!! The offense definitely showed up to play today. Just an unlucky pass at the end of the game. Never count out UK. They will always fight for the win!!
Not a huge Kentucky football fan, but I have nothing bad to say about the cats today. They played just as good as any team in the SEC today. Good luck cats.
launchpad4 Wrote:The last play was smart. You always kneel down for the victory!

i wasnt talking about that i was talking about the last offensive play for UK
jgrubby Wrote:The funny thing is that we always say that. Always next year! Both played thier hearts out. The offense had a better tempo, they just blew the biggest break of the year.

Yea but im a louisville fan. lol
I'll do the complaining.

No the screen pass was not a bad call. The decision to throw was a bad decision.

The defense that has been solid most of the year was horrible and got much worse when Lindley went out in the third quarter. I agree David Jones is terrible in coverage.

While I'll agree Cobb gives the offense the best chance because of his running ability. Half of the state would have been ready to string Hartline up if he had thrown that stupid of an interception.

Throwing down the field. Cobb is short and not very good in the pocket. But the seam route to Grinter would have been open all day the way UK had Georgia spread out to defend the cornors. I think on the last drive I may have gone back to that after the first completion to Grinter. That or gone back to Conor at FB in the I formation that was very effective earlier in the game. Then run playaction off of that.

Well thats enough rambling. It was a good game and you can't fault the effort.
The Cats played hard, but just came up short. We should have won this game today. Giving up 520 yards is unacceptable for our "stellar" defense...but the majority of those yards was on 3 plays...all on the right side of the UK defense. Cobb played a good game, I felt maybe on the last play he could've tucked it up and ran....where I was sitting there was a running lane open wide enough to drive a truck through. However, he is a freshman and it's part of the growing experience.

On a side note, I do believe that some people at the game are flat out ignorant though. I sat above the tunnel UGA ran out and some of our fans taunted them saying "How about that game against the gators!" after we lost like it was going to make it any better. But what is even worse is the fact that Florida dominated us in all facets of the game by a final of like 63-5 and Georgia was beat 48-10 by them. It appears as if they played them better than we did....long story short, I did get a laugh after us ****ing a game away.
I thought the offense was the best thing going for UK today. What has happened to the defense, they were horrible? David Jones was terrible, and there was one play close to the end of the game when Georgia went deep and our defender ran right next to him near the sideline and didnt even attempt to push him out or anything, he just kept running with him. The play calling for the cats at the end was horrible, they comletely took Cobb out of the game by not letting him utilize his speed and skill to run the ball. Anyone that thinks Joker Phillips is a good choice to replace Brooks when he retires is crazy. The man calls the same bull**** screen passes. Like someone said earlier, grow a set and go deep or at least give Cobb a chance to make a play.
launchpad4 Wrote:The last play was smart. You always kneel down for the victory!

I like that:Cheerlead
FBALL Wrote:I'll do the complaining.

No the screen pass was not a bad call. The decision to throw was a bad decision.

The defense that has been solid most of the year was horrible and got much worse when Lindley went out in the third quarter. I agree David Jones is terrible in coverage.

While I'll agree Cobb gives the offense the best chance because of his running ability. Half of the state would have been ready to string Hartline up if he had thrown that stupid of an interception.

Throwing down the field. Cobb is short and not very good in the pocket. But the seam route to Grinter would have been open all day the way UK had Georgia spread out to defend the cornors. I think on the last drive I may have gone back to that after the first completion to Grinter. That or gone back to Conor at FB in the I formation that was very effective earlier in the game. Then run playaction off of that.

Well thats enough rambling. It was a good game and you can't fault the effort.

good post:Thumbs:
Raider_Nation09 Wrote:this was a great game! terrible call for the last play...

What call are you talking about.
The good thing about all of the exciting things yesterday is, is that Newton and Ryan MASSAKSJFJEFMDJNMFUIEFUSKI was at the game. I hope that they see how close this team is to succeeding. Say what you want too, complain as much as you want, but who would have thought that this season we would be bowl eligible with 2 games to go, play Georgia and Alabama (AKA the #1 team in the nation) balls off? Proud of you CATS! Now get focused and beat VANDY AND UT!
Let's see how an objective post about David Jones looks like, as opposed to emotional,"right after the game posts". Yes, I am a Belfry fan, but piling on Jones is wrong. Football is a huge team sport. Jones did not have a good game yesterday. However, he has played solid, if not spectacular,all year. The last touchdown play was as much the team's fault as any one player. Stafford made a great scramble, and avoided two potential players that could have sacked him. Jones' lack of height hurt him, but that was a heck of a long time to cover and there were three other blue shirts there and none of the four made a play. When Jones was a freshman he got abused by Bennett from Vandy. He has improved so much. IMO, Lindley has not had a great year. Burned bad against Florida and he has had his share of good plays as well. Let's always try to be objective. Like I said, for the most part of the season, until yesterday,Jones' bad plays and real good plays have mostly evened out. Urban Meyer called Lindley and Jones the best set of corners they had seen on film, but what the heck would he know.
Great game to watch, didn't like the outcome. What a game Randall Cobb had. If he keeps this up, how could you not start him at QB next year when we get our 2 high profile QB's..Besides the INT at the end of the game, he played perfect..It will be interesting to see how things pan out next year at that position.
add another what if to our list............
Well after this game, it makes me think we can actually beat Tenn this year.
dore20 Wrote:UK really might win the sec next year i think...
Did you miss the shellacking FU put on them. The gates are one of the youngest team in the nation.
Pages: 1 2