Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Kentucky 94 - OBU 72
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
final
perry stevenson 16 pts 20 rebs.
Sloppy game. The ref's called it very tight
OUACHITA seemes to hit the 3 ball pretty good. But its time for UK to make sure they got it together, cuz the next time they play, its for real.
Didn't get to watch the game but read the article on Catspause and they said that their were 32 fouls called in the 1st half. No need in having an exhibition game called that tight, but Gillispie was quoted saying that the game went exactly the way he wanted it to.
I know UK is still rebuilding but no one can deny that we are better than what we were a year ago (thanks to Tubby) but we should have a good season this year and hopefully it will lead to further success down the road.
Should not have been as close as it was during the first half. UK had too many turnovers as well as too many fouls. I am really pleased at how the team is coming along this season though. I like the direction that BCG is taking us. In the last two exhibitions I have seen more than I expected out of a few players.

Homegrown boy Landon Slone got some more playing time in this game and knocked down a couple of threes if I remember correctly. Surprised that no one has mentioned that yet actually.

Stevenson was everywhere on those boards tonight and put up impressive points as well. When was the last time that a Wildcat pulled down 20? I don't have the stats for the game but I would estimate UK having around 50 rebounds as a team and obviously Stevenson grabbed nearly half of those.
heres the stats for the game

[B]## Player Name FG-FGA FG-FGA FT-FTA OF DE TOT PF TP A TO BLK S MIN

13 Porter, Michael..... * 2-3 1-2 5-6 1 2 3 2 10 1 1 0 0 21

21 Stevenson, Perry.... * 5-10 0-0 6-10 7 13 20 2 16 2 0 7 1 35

22 Harris, Ramon....... * 1-1 0-0 4-6 0 1 1 2 6 2 2 0 2 23

23 Meeks, Jodie........ * 7-17 1-4 8-8 1 4 5 4 23 1 1 0 1 28

54 Patterson, Patrick.. * 6-9 0-0 0-0 3 4 7 4 12 1 2 0 1 14

01 Miller, Darius...... 0-0 0-0 0-1 0 1 1 2 0 1 2 2 1 9

03 Galloway, Kevin..... 0-0 0-0 0-0 0 0 0 0 0 1 2 0 0 4

10 Slone, Landon....... 1-3 1-3 0-0 0 1 1 3 3 1 0 0 0 8

12 Krebs, Mark......... 2-2 2-2 0-0 0 0 0 1 6 0 0 0 1 9

14 Halsell, Mark....... 0-0 0-0 0-0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 2

15 Stewart, A.J........ 1-2 0-0 3-6 1 2 3 2 5 1 3 3 0 19

25 Williams, Donald.... 2-2 0-0 0-0 0 0 0 0 4 0 0 0 0 3

30 Perry, Dwight....... 0-0 0-0 0-0 0 0 0 0 0 1 1 0 0 2

34 Liggins, DeAndre.... 2-5 1-1 2-4 1 4 5 1 7 4 2 0 0 14

43 Carter, Jared....... 0-1 0-0 0-1 1 2 3 1 0 0 3 3 0 6

55 Harrellson, Josh.... 1-1 0-0 0-0 0 0 0 0 2 1 1 0 0 3

TEAM................ 1 2 3 1
Totals.............. 30-56 6-12 28-42 16 36 52 25 94 17 20 15 7 200
[/B]
I was there. Coach was just seeing what he can get out of his new guys during the 1st half. Slone looked good! Stevenson was awesome! Krebs was making some big plays too!
Krebs looked good stroking the ball from the corners, didn't see much out of Harris. wow I just noticed what happen to Jasper?
Spartan4Life Wrote:Krebs looked good stroking the ball from the corners, didn't see much out of Harris. wow I just noticed what happen to Jasper?

he transfered sometime during the offseason
Spartan4Life Wrote:Krebs looked good stroking the ball from the corners, didn't see much out of Harris. wow I just noticed what happen to Jasper?

UNLV.
I wish our new players would have played longer.
Let the exceuses roll. Truth about it is outside of Stevenson and Meeks, this was a terrible game for UK! LMAO is all i have to say.
It was a bad game in the first half but it seemed to me they straightened things up in the second half. I thought Landon played really well as well as Stevenson who was an absolute beast, I just hope he can put in these kinds of performances against the bigger and better teams. UK needs to work on guarding the 3 better, that **** ledbetter kid knocked em down like it was nothing. All in all I think UK will do alright this year pending any injuries. I wish coach would let Harrelson play more but I understand getting other players some playing time so they can get some game experience. Only problem I have is Meeks shooting so much, especially the three, but when I think about it, he doesnt do too good of a job driving to the basket so maybe he will have to stick to 10-15 foot jumpers as well as the three.
I'm curious, did UK play 2-3 or man when OBU was knocking down the 3s?
well an exhibition game is just to boost confidence and get prepared
I would not be surprised if Harrellson was starting some games towards the middle of the season. He was a beast in the first exhibition.
Braves_Fan_26 Wrote:It was a bad game in the first half but it seemed to me they straightened things up in the second half. I thought Landon played really well as well as Stevenson who was an absolute beast, I just hope he can put in these kinds of performances against the bigger and better teams. UK needs to work on guarding the 3 better, that **** ledbetter kid knocked em down like it was nothing. All in all I think UK will do alright this year pending any injuries. I wish coach would let Harrelson play more but I understand getting other players some playing time so they can get some game experience. Only problem I have is Meeks shooting so much, especially the three, but when I think about it, he doesnt do too good of a job driving to the basket so maybe he will have to stick to 10-15 foot jumpers as well as the three.

true
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I'm curious, did UK play 2-3 or man when OBU was knocking down the 3s?

I am not sure, but I think I remember coach stating that he would always run man. I think he never runs zone under any circumstance. So, I assuming they were in man. I could be wrong, it would not be the first time.
Wat time did Landon Slone get in the game?(The freshman from Paintsville)
UK played sloppy with the ball, and the game was called WAY too tight by the refs, on both sides. That said, this game wouldn't have been as close if Gillispie had played his starters more in the first half. He played a lot of young guys, trying to get their feet wet in a game that doesn't count.

Trust me, if this game had counted, BCG would've played the starters more, and we would've been up by more than 8 points at the half.
Heart&Dedication Wrote:Wat time did Landon Slone get in the game?(The freshman from Paintsville)

LMAO, we know who he is.