Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Favorite type of uniform
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, cheer fashion has indeed evolved... from the heavy woolen sweaters and ankle length velvet skirts with bobbie-sox and saddle oxfords to sleek lycra skin-fitting uni-tops and skirts split all over the place... what are some favorite uniform styles currently being worn? Annnd who is wearing them... but let's be positive and tell ONLY those we like! (That's one of my fav things about big state comps, seeing all the pretty uniforms and so forth!... I also loooove to go back and watch old national comp tapes and giggle @ the uniforms and hair styles!)
I love uniforms that have a solid color top and skirt, with a different color bodyliner, and an initial on the front. Like UK has. (white shell and skirt, blue K, and blue liner) You can just look at them and tell they are royalty in the cheer world. Same goes for Morehead.

And I love it when the uniforms have the same design on the arms as they do the sides. Kind of hard to explain. But like, when you hit a High V and the designs are down the side. Like in 07, Pike Central and Magoffin both got that new uniform. It looked really good.

AND, I like how Johnson Central's is. Where they have the wide stripe going down the sides. It makes a squad look so much more together and sharper!
*Central_Cheer_Chick Wrote:I love uniforms that have a solid color top and skirt, with a different color bodyliner, and an initial on the front. Like UK has. (white shell and skirt, blue K, and blue liner) You can just look at them and tell they are royalty in the cheer world. Same goes for Morehead.

And I love it when the uniforms have the same design on the arms as they do the sides. Kind of hard to explain. But like, when you hit a High V and the designs are down the side. Like in 07, Pike Central and Magoffin both got that new uniform. It looked really good.

AND, I like how Johnson Central's is. Where they have the wide stripe going down the sides. It makes a squad look so much more together and sharper!

I agree.
I like more classic uniforms, solid colors, with a large initial or school name. For example: a P for Pikeville or Magoffin. Something clear and easy to ready. Simple linings and strips are also cute. Too many line, color blocks and stripes take away from the girl. I also dislike half tops! Uniforms should be faltering for all girls on the squad.
Kcc uniform is way cute.. i never seen a high school squad take a risk with a uniform the way they did and it actually work. lol.. good job kcc.
I like some features of all the above.
*Central_Cheer_Chick Wrote:I love uniforms that have a solid color top and skirt, with a different color bodyliner, and an initial on the front. Like UK has. (white shell and skirt, blue K, and blue liner) You can just look at them and tell they are royalty in the cheer world. Same goes for Morehead.

I agree with you! Magoffin has another really nice uniform this year as well!
I like a nice classic line and few stripes. I love a bold letter on the front... I do believe the stripe down the sides ... like from under the arm, down the torso and along the side of the skirt gives a very flattering look! I love hand-tied bows that are fastened to the pony tail holder and I like a snow white crew sock with ultra white shoes. Detest glittery stuff on the face in any form... not too keen on the funtoos... maybe for big games, bnut certainly not for something being judged.
As for incorporating "black" into one's uniform... maybe in trace amounts as something to make the white "pop"... but if your school color isn't "black"... then purchasing a "black uniform" for competitions... especially if you don't even truly compete, is a big ol waste of money and a smack in the face to your alums. If your colors are "Blue and White"... use them. If you want to add a small amount of black next to the white, that's fine... but don't let anyone tell We don't see UK doing it do we?
Post some pics!
Myself, I like the old type of uniforms.
Motion Flex Uniforms Are Definitely The Best. Theyre Pretty And Easy To Move In.