Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Nekc 2009
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I had heard that McKell is dropping out of the NEKC,,,,I know that Wurtland dropped out this year,,, so that leaves: Russell,Verity, West Carter, East Carter, Boyd County, Lawrence County....Maybe Raceland or Morgan County will join.

I also heard that Russell may have a GRID at their place next year for 7th and 8th. Just a rumor right now but I would almost look for it....
Is McKell and Wurtland going to be the end of the NEKC fallout???

Secondly, is the GRID going to be a rotating deal or is it possible that each team would have their OWN grid???
I dont know if the GRID would rotate,, but we started with a 6th grade GRID this year and it went very well...... I could see a new GRID for Middle School coming.....
I hate that Wurtland drop out of the NEKC. Their 7th grade this year is extremely weak sports wise (our 6th grade basketball team this year will pretty much be our 7th grade also) but the 6th grade and below are going to be good. The biggest issue is numbers with us having 2 middle schools with Wurtland and McKell in the Greenup system. This may lead to their being one combined 7th grade football team in Greenup Co. next year if it all works out, basically because of overall numbers (1/3 of Wurtland 6th grade fball team this year actually attends McKell for school and McKell had a 6th grade team of their own). Wurtland wont have an 8th grade football team next year unless the 7th graders play up, so i can see just McKell with an 8th team and they should be pretty good.

Im not completely sure about McKell's reasoning for leaving but it may be that they want to play the Wheelersburgs, Portsmouths, Portsmouth Wests, etc in football which are closer and the conference schedule wont allow game wise (just a guess).

Hopefully in 7th football next year they'll play a similar schedule as this year in 6th grade with all the local teams. I'd love to see them in a local Grid next year.
I believe Morgan will probably stay in it, but I'll ask the coach and get back to ya.
Morgans 8th Grade made a big run... We were pulling for you guys down there.!!!!!