Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Tennesse Coach Phillip Fulmer Will Not Return Next Season!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
C.Clair Wrote:http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3679810
No big shock there.
i agree just hope they come after Randy Sanders UK QB coach.
I think they will go after Leach at Texas Tech, which means trouble because he is an offensive genius...spread you out, throw it around, gash you with runs because of spacing on "O" line. He will recruit great athletes at all skill positions and great quarterbacks because he throws all the time.
I figured this would happen.
They could go after Cutcliffe at Duke also.
They won't go after Leach or Cutcliffe I expect that they will try and get a younger coach because they were beginning to have problems with Fulmer not wanting to recruit. Leach will not leave Tech, he's finally gotten them to the top and Cutcliffe is too old. Expect the Tulsa or Boise coach. They may try to get John Gruden back but he's not big on recruiting. As for Sanders from UK not a chance. One name to keep in mind if the head man at Tulsa doesn't take it is Gus Malzhan the OC at Tulsa. THis guy is an offensive genius.
Doesn't surprise me really, if anything, he was wise enough to end it on his own terms that way he wouldn't be fired. Nonetheless, Tennessee has weakened significantly over the past few years and this hass allowed many of the other SEC teams to exploit this, not only in wins, but recruiting, and this has allowed other programs to snatch players away from Tennessee's pipeline areas. So, with this in mind, I believe many teams see blood in the water for UT and this might be the year UK can beat them (hopefully).
According to some family I have in Knoxville ex-Raiders coach Lane Kiffin is being listed as a possibility. Im also hearing Steve Spurriers name as well.
no suprise just please do not leave USC Spurrier I beg you!!!!!!!!!!!
I hate to see him leave, I was enjoying the sucess he was having this year and hoped to see it stay like that for years haha.
As for replacements, you will hear a lot of rumors, but Spurrier wont be one of the canidates. They will go after a younger guy.
Goodbye you fat Elmer Fudd impersonator. I can't stand the guy.
FBALL Wrote:Goodbye you fat Elmer Fudd impersonator. I can't stand the guy.

hahahaSmile Smile
Well crap. Now I'm kinda worried about our game against Tennessee in a few weeks. That will be the last game in Neyland Stadium for Fat Phil, and you just know his players will all fired up to send him out a winner. I can just see like 4 or 5 (it may take even more) offensive linemen hoisting him up on their shoulders and carrying him off the field after they win.

Plus, with Tennessee now 3-6, if they win their next two games they will need a win against UK in order to be bowl-eligible. That would be even more motivation for them to beat us.

As for the Spurrier speculation, I saw on ESPN this morning that he said he wasn't interested, and that Carolina would be his last job.
I guess Fat Fulmer ate too many wins early in his career, he didn't leave any for now! Too bad!
Here are the coaches that UT are looking at.....

- Tim Brewster (Minnesota)
- Butch Davis (North Carolina)
- Jim Grobe (Wake Forest)
- Jon Gruden (Tampa Bay Buccanneers)
- Brian Kelly (Cincinnati)
- Lane Kiffin (unemployed and not who Al Davis thought he was)
- Mike Leach (Texas Tech)
- Will Muschamp (d-coordinator at Texas)
- Gary Patterson (TCU)
- Chris Peterson (Boise State)
gish_7 Wrote:Here are the coaches that UT are looking at.....

:lmao:
gish_7 Wrote:Here are the coaches that UT are looking at.....

- Tim Brewster (Minnesota)
- Butch Davis (North Carolina)
- Jim Grobe (Wake Forest)
- Jon Gruden (Tampa Bay Buccanneers)
- Brian Kelly (Cincinnati)
- Mike Leach (Texas Tech)
- Will Muschamp (d-coordinator at Texas)
- Gary Patterson (TCU)
- Chris Peterson (Boise State)

I think you mean these are some of the coaches they can/should look at for next year. They aren't officially looking at anyone yet.

Jshort5 Wrote::lmao:

Were you laughing at the Al Davis quote or the idea of Kiffin being the coach? I think it is a real possibility they go after him.
alfus21 Wrote:Were you laughing at the Al Davis quote or the idea of Kiffin being the coach? I think it is a real possibility they go after him.

The Davis quote...Smile
:letsparty
FBALL Wrote:Goodbye you fat Elmer Fudd impersonator. I can't stand the guy.
Tony Franklin is available. LOL
John Gruden wouldnt be a bad pick if the Vols could get him. Hes got west coast connections so he could get some recruits from out there. Plus with his Florida ties he could snag some kids away from the Gators. Plus if a coach is coming into a recruits living room with a Super Bowl ring on that kid is more likely to listen to him.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:John Gruden wouldnt be a bad pick if the Vols could get him. Hes got west coast connections so he could get some recruits from out there. Plus with his Florida ties he could snag some kids away from the Gators. Plus if a coach is coming into a recruits living room with a Super Bowl ring on that kid is more likely to listen to him.

Gruden in my opinion won't go to Tennessee. He was a GA there, but in his book he talked about how he hated recruiting and thought it was useless. He does have UT ties, but I think he's and NFL guy.