Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Whose your pick for coach of the year?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone????
It would have to be Coach Turner of the Morgan County Cougars just for the fact that he led them to such an amazing season (a 16-1 record and their only lose came to Bluegrass Middle in the State Semifinals).
I say Adam Lindsey Bluegrass Middle School (State Champions). Perfect 13-0 season beat tough teams such as Moss Middle-Bowling Green, Meade County, Morgan County and Bell County in the state championship game.
This is very broad because other than the listed high schools out there,, there are twice as many Middle Schools in the state.. Now you may have to seperate the grades out or the regions or something... Some coaches coach just one grade and some coach two,,, so other than picking one coach out,,, overall.....It may come down to what people have seen all year and that will mean,,,, prolly their own coach.......

Hard to pick one.......
Sorry to cause a scientific breakdown I was just asking so everyone could give preps to there favorite hard working coach!!Big Grin
Its Okay,,breakdowns are common in this area...... LOL
I like Coach Woods at New Harlan, he and his staff do a wonderful job getting the kids ready to play day in and day out. Besides, they are one of the two teams that beat us this year so he must be a really good coach that can motivate his kids really well.
A coach at the 5/6 and 7/8 grade level does so much more than teach and coach. They instill the love of game. I think at any level a coach sets an examlpe of how to act respectable and self discipline. Most of all coaches at this level have lots and lots and lots of PATIENCE. lol It looks like we have many great coaches in our mountain area! It's a whole lot of time for little to no pay. I think the coaches wives need a big "THANK YOU" for sacrificing for the rest of us. :Cheerlead

Our New Harlan Patriot boys LOVE their coaches and come back up on the hill any time they have a chance. When your kids love you, then you know you are a great coach.
Or they may hate you right now and you can still be the next best thing to sliced bread,,, and it may take a year for them to realize it... But in the long run if you can sleep well at night and know you did not cheat a kid,, or, you may have been hard on him to get your point across... set him out a series to get his head on straight......or stand on the sidelines and listen to parents complain about a kid not getting to run the ball,, only to know that deep in your heart that you would rather take the heat, than to embarass akid on the field to prove a point to a parent... Then you can say you have been a coach.................
As far as coach of the year picks.................If you are still standing at the end of the year, still have your hair or have not lost any from the beginning of the season,,,, not started on NEW blood presure medications or gotten divorced due to inability to deal with personal struggles from to much time on the PC or in front of the camera and game film............... Congratulations !!!!!! You are the Coach of the YEAR !!!!
Now shut up and take out the trash, and for PEETE SAKE pick up your dirty laundry this Ain't no locker room !!!!!!!

Everyone on here,,, teams we have played......parents that I have met,,, people that have touched my heart this year,, given me gifts..... talked about football to my face at Bowl games Russell has played in,,, made videos of my child on You TUbe !!

I thank you all.... Your dedication to your children is fantasic and should be rewarded with riches beyond your wildest dreams........
As I can say that this year has been a blessing for all of us here at Russell.... A great season and a story book ending to a great season,,defeating a team in the Black Bowl Championship game who dealt us our only loss in the regular season.....

Hope you all have a great break between football seasons and good luck to ya...

Thanks
Devilologist
i think that coach howard for lcc and coach sayers should get it for this year cause they won the big sandy
I am a biased LCC fan so I think that the entire Cougar coaching staff should be Coach of the Year.

NOT because they finished up with an 11-2 record and NOT because they were the champions from the Big Sandy Conference.

It is because of the life lessons they taught the boys/young men that they coached. They were great role models for the boys teaching them that there is more to life than just playing football and winnning. The coaching staff that Coach Terry Howard put together was Tom Sayers, Chad Bates, Marvin Boggs, Tim Kiser, CB Hall, Jimmy Parrott and these guys worked their butts off this season. Coach Sayers started the off-season weightlifing program on January 1st and worked it through May. Coach Bates/Coach Sayers/Coach Boggs stepped in and took the team through the entire summer with the conditioning and agilities. The entire coaching staff stepped in and started working with the kids in July. They taught the boys how to lose with as much class as it takes to win with. They taught these young men how to MEN. Coach Howard and his staff taught the boys the meaning of FRIENDSHIP and LOYALTY by making sure that when one of the players had someone in their family pass away they showed up at the funerals in jersey's to show their respect to the player and their families, this is a lesson that many of the boys had never experienced but it will go with them the rest of their life. It was apparent to everyone in Letcher County that these coaches were not there to use the boys for wins and wins alone. It was obvious that the coaches meant more to these boys than just a normal coach. You could see the level of respect that these young men had for their coaches and the good words that they had to say about each one of them was heard daily. Our County is lucky to have these seven men working with our young men. I've heard Coach Howard say it several times over the years that his job is to make sure that the boys he coaches turns into good productive citizens in Letcher County. He tries to teach respect, humility, character, self respect, and develop good work ethics in his boys. I"ve seen him and the other coaches dig deep in their pockets and buy jersey's, cleats, coats and food for the kids that could not afford to buy it for themselves. These are the things that go unseen by some fans and parents.

This year was the first year for consolidation for our County and I for one was more than pleased with the way it turned out. GO LCC COUGARS we are proud of all of our coaches and players.
I have to give preps to RHS Freshman coaches! Its all about the team work, fundamentals, and good coaching!!
guyfawkes Wrote:It would have to be Coach Turner of the Morgan County Cougars just for the fact that he led them to such an amazing season (a 16-1 record and their only lose came to Bluegrass Middle in the State Semifinals).

Morgan had a big turnaround this year, not many people could argue with you on this one.
Coach Turner of Morgan is a real class act and had a real good bunch of boys. Great season guys.
I would have to say the coaches at Betsy Layne because they made alot of history this season...