Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: #3 Louisville-74 Georgetown (KY)-67
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Final.

I guess Loserville wasent as good as people thought.
Its funny how Lville shot 50 free throws in the game.
Louisville are always ranked high in the preseason but some how they always fall apart. They are ranked top 3 in the nation and after seeing this score I'm not sure if they are top 3 in the state. Smile
Money Maker Wrote:Louisville are always ranked high in the preseason but some how they always fall apart. They are ranked top 3 in the nation and after seeing this score I'm not sure if they are top 3 in the state. Smile
lol yea Pikeville College didnt lose by that much to them.
Smile
This was a lot closer than what I thought it would be.
Well, from the looks of the final score, Louisville didn't do too well, but I still think they are a contender for this year, because after all, you can never count out Pitino, just look what he done for UK. He's building up Louisville and I can about guarantee that he will win a title there before it is all said and done.
Oh, I am a UK fan just so you all know, and I also think that coach Billy G. will build our program up as well, so our rivalry with "The Ville" should heat up in the years to come, but I do think the Cardinals are a better team currently but in time, Billy G. will get his own style of players in and then it will be a different story, but till then....
guyfawkes Wrote:Well, from the looks of the final score, Louisville didn't do too well, but I still think they are a contender for this year, because after all, you can never count out Pitino, just look what he done for UK. He's building up Louisville and I can about guarantee that he will win a title there before it is all said and done.

They never play well at the start of the season, if I'm not mistaken didn't they only win by a buzzer beater to the Georgetown (KY) team last year?
Spartan4Life Wrote:They never play well at the start of the season, if I'm not mistaken didn't they only win by a buzzer beater to the Georgetown (KY) team last year?

Somthing like that, but they also beat UK last year, so laugh at this score if you want but the Cards will win the game against UK.Cool
dore20 Wrote:Somthing like that, but they also beat UK last year, so laugh at this score if you want but the Cards will win the game against UK.Cool

This has nothing to do with UK VS UofL.... But since you mention it... atleast UK's exhibition opponents dont come within 7 of beating them Big Grin
Didn't G-town only lose to UofL by a point a couple years back? I think it was 2006...?
vundy33 Wrote:Didn't G-town only lose to UofL by a point a couple years back? I think it was 2006...?

Yes.

2006-1 point win
2007-2 point win
2008-7 point win
Is Georgetown that good or are alot of people seriously overrating the Ville this year? Come on now, thats pretty bad. I was one who thought that Louisville would make a strong push for the championship this year, but beating Gtown by 7, is really making me reconsider them.
I didn't see the stats, but I'm pretty sure Georgetown out- rebounded Louisville. How does that happen?
Haha!!!!
Georgetown is the Appy State (Football) of college basketball. They could play with most ranked D-1 teams year in and year out!
I'm sure this game was a lot of bench players as well. If they would have played this game like they were playing UK, the score would have been much different.
frankie21 Wrote:I'm sure this game was a lot of bench players as well. If they would have played this game like they were playing UK, the score would have been much different.

Still though bench D1 Scholarship players shouldn't get out rebounded, by gtown.
Spartan4Life Wrote:Still though bench D1 Scholarship players shouldn't get out rebounded, by gtown.

Atleast they shouldnt, but that wasnt the case here lmaoSmile .
Is this the NAIA Georgetown team or the other Georgetown team???
Naia
NAIA Georgetown has been a very good team though in the last few years. It wouldn't surprise me if their starting five are just as good as the bench players for Louisville. It's not like UK would have done much better with their bench, which is much weaker than U of L.
frankie21 Wrote:NAIA Georgetown has been a very good team though in the last few years. It wouldn't surprise me if their starting five are just as good as the bench players for Louisville. It's not like UK would have done much better with their bench, which is much weaker than U of L.

From what i seen it seems to me UK has a little better depth then U of L. With performances like this U of L better get their heads out of their ***** and start playing ball or it wont be too pretty for Pitino and his cards this year. I think UK takes the game this year.
frankie21 Wrote:NAIA Georgetown has been a very good team though in the last few years. It wouldn't surprise me if their starting five are just as good as the bench players for Louisville. It's not like UK would have done much better with their bench, which is much weaker than U of L.

Did you happen to watch UK play last night??? There depth is pretty good if I say so myself. And U of L fan is saying how good this G-town team is??? They are D-2 and they have only 1 championship. WOW what a great team.Smile Just accept that U of L is going to have a VERY LONG year this year and BTW... UK owns UL this year by at least 20!!! MARK IT DOWN!!! :thumpsup:
Georgetown is VERY good on a consistent basis. Happy Osborne is a great coach, and I saw them play last season during the Mid-South Conference Tournament, and they are big, athletic guys with some speed, and they can play. Like someone said, they are probably the Appalachian State of college basketball. They could play with most ranked teams in America.
StrikeoutKing Wrote:Georgetown is VERY good on a consistent basis. Happy Osborne is a great coach, and I saw them play last season during the Mid-South Conference Tournament, and they are big, athletic guys with some speed, and they can play. Like someone said, they are probably the Appalachian State of college basketball. They could play with most ranked teams in America.

Have you saw them play ranked teams in America?? NOOOO!! So you don't know do ya???
This game means nothing. I hate Louisville as much as anybody but they are going to be one of the best teams in the country this season. They should be a top 10 team all season and have a great shot to make the Final 4. I hate it, but some of you are pretty way off thinking Louisville is going be bad this year. Georgetown is a heck of a team.
I went to Cumberlands last year and watched Georgetown in person when they played us. Very talented team. Finished the season 34-1 I believe.
Money Maker Wrote:Did you happen to watch UK play last night??? There depth is pretty good if I say so myself. And U of L fan is saying how good this G-town team is??? They are D-2 and they have only 1 championship. WOW what a great team.Smile Just accept that U of L is going to have a VERY LONG year this year and BTW... UK owns UL this year by at least 20!!! MARK IT DOWN!!! :thumpsup:

You are insane Uk could never win by that much this year....
Money Maker Wrote:UK owns UL this year by at least 20!!! MARK IT DOWN!!! :thumpsup:

:eek: Smile
Pages: 1 2 3