Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Kentucky 14 - Mississippi State 13
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
final
Come close to droppin this 1. Good job cats for finding a way to get it.
Congrats Cats! 6 Wins=Bowl Eligible.
Just wondering, Who score our two TDs?
RavenBoy Wrote:Just wondering, Who score our two TDs?

Cobb rushed for one and threw one to Grinter
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:Cobb rushed for one and threw one to Grinter
ohh, well I guess we all know who will be our QB.
RavenBoy Wrote:ohh, well I guess we all know who will be our QB.

hes already been named the starting QB for the remainder of the season.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:hes already been named the starting QB for the remainder of the season.
Smile Thank God
Good win today for the Cats
Cobb didn't really show me much spark today. I thought maybe Cobb would help get the offense rolling, but all today proved was that our offense is terrible. Yeah, Cobb was at QB for a while but who did he throw to? No one.

Sorry guys, but it's going to be next season before we see anything even halfway decent on the offensive side of the ball.
ComfortEagle Wrote:Cobb didn't really show me much spark today. I thought maybe Cobb would help get the offense rolling, but all today proved was that our offense is terrible. Yeah, Cobb was at QB for a while but who did he throw to? No one.

Sorry guys, but it's going to be next season before we see anything even halfway decent on the offensive side of the ball.
Your right but it was alot better than Hartline anyday.
RavenBoy Wrote:Your right but it was alot better than Hartline anyday.

I'm not sure how it was better. Watching today's game was terribly boring.

So Cobb at QB scoring 14 points is better than Hartline at QB scoring:

27 against UofL
38 against Norfolk St.
20 against Middle Tennessee
41 against WKU
17 against South Carolina
or
20 against Arkansas

?
How many of those points came from the defense?
Bowl eligible.
How did the defense look...are they back healthy?
RavenBoy Wrote:How many of those points came from the defense?

I really don't want to look that up.
gish_7 Wrote:How did the defense look...are they back healthy?
The defense was solid most of the game. A few 3rd down conversions by Miss. St. on one drive led to a score, but other than that, like usual, they were stout. Ventrell Jenkins had 2 sacks, and Jarmon had 1 as well. Micah Johnson looks to be fully healthy, as he led the team in tackles with 9. A total of 8 tackles for loss for the defense. Special teams also had a blocked extra point, which would ultimately be the difference.
The Cats were able to pull this one off and are now bowl eligable once again and I actually think that they might be able to win seven games this year in the regular season because Tennessee is vulnerable this time around and this could be the year to end our skid against them.
I think these last three games are winnable folks. UGA is coming off an embarissing loss, they are troubled by injuries have not started the same OL for two straight games all season and we saw today if you pressure the QB they make ALOT OF mistakes. Our run defense must step up for this game like they did today if that happens and we can get the offense rolling as we did in the second half Kentucky will win. Not to mention the fans will be crazy now being bowl eligible 3 years in a row a first for UK. Vandy was a fluke this season, and they must come to Lex to play us. UT is not the UT of the past, after today's loss Fulmer is going to get fired and i really do not know if they really care any more sure didnt act like it tonight. UK could end up 9 and 3 IF THEY PLAY TO POTENTIAL which we have not seen since the BAMA game.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:I think these last three games are winnable folks. UGA is coming off an embarissing loss, they are troubled by injuries have not started the same OL for two straight games all season and we saw today if you pressure the QB they make ALOT OF mistakes. Our run defense must step up for this game like they did today if that happens and we can get the offense rolling as we did in the second half Kentucky will win. Not to mention the fans will be crazy now being bowl eligible 3 years in a row a first for UK. Vandy was a fluke this season, and they must come to Lex to play us. UT is not the UT of the past, after today's loss Fulmer is going to get fired and i really do not know if they really care any more sure didnt act like it tonight. UK could end up 9 and 3 IF THEY PLAY TO POTENTIAL which we have not seen since the BAMA game.
I agree with your post, but as for being 'bowl eligible' for the first time, I will have to disagree. Although they did not play in a bowl game either year, UK did win at least 6 games each season from 1953-1956. And should they make a bowl game this season, it would be the first time since 1949-1951 that UK played in 3 consecutive bowl appearances.
ComfortEagle Wrote:I'm not sure how it was better. Watching today's game was terribly boring.

27 against UofL
38 against Norfolk St.
41 against WKU
or
20 against Arkansas

?
Hate to tell you but not all of those points was scored by hartline, they was quite a few games that we didnt score until they put Cobb in at QB... Say what you want but Cobb makes things happen, wehn Hartline has no clue...
StrikeoutKing Wrote:I agree with your post, but as for being 'bowl eligible' for the first time, I will have to disagree. Although they did not play in a bowl game either year, UK did win at least 6 games each season from 1953-1956. And should they make a bowl game this season, it would be the first time since 1949-1951 that UK played in 3 consecutive bowl appearances.

sorry i meant to put in there "a first in a very long time" but i didnt know the years so thanks for the info. Big Grin

anyone going to the UGA game?
Congrats UK on the win.
Good win for the cats.
Big Win Go Cat's 2 More Win's Or 3
ComfortEagle Wrote:I'm not sure how it was better. Watching today's game was terribly boring.

27 against UofL
38 against Norfolk St.
41 against WKU
or
20 against Arkansas

?

So you're counting Derrick Locke's 1 TD, Tony Dixon's 4 TD, Alfonso Smith's TD and Moncell Allen's TD as a Hartline touchdown?? Hartline had nothing to do with those. He only scored 8 out of our 21 offensive touchdowns this year.
I think UK is going to step up and got 8-5 again this year with wins against Vandy and Tennessee. I also think the game with UGA will be alot closer than everyone thinks. Vandy is a middle of the road team and Tennessee is the worst team in the SEC...might lose to Vandy but no way to UT.
Great tough hard nose win for the cats. This had to have given them confadence that they can win close games. I would love to see them win the last three and finsh the season 9-3! Who good would that be!
vundy33 Wrote:So you're counting Derrick Locke's 1 TD, Tony Dixon's 4 TD, Alfonso Smith's TD and Moncell Allen's TD as a Hartline touchdown?? Hartline had nothing to do with those. He only scored 8 out of our 21 offensive touchdowns this year.

All those along with special teams and the defense scoring for us.
So what happened to Tydlacka kicking field goals???? I know he missed one against Arkansas but I'd ten to one rather see him in there than Seiber.
Pages: 1 2