Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Belfry @ Johnson Central
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Mr. Sandwich Wrote:Belfry rolled against a beat up and injured JC team. You take away the injuries, and it would have maybe had a completely different outcome. Need you be reminded of the beating Louisville Central handed you? The same Louisville Central that JC dominated. Haing a healthy team makes ALL the difference. That difference will show this week at The Nest.

maybe they crowned the wrong team 5a state champs last year then, because highlands needed a 4th quarter come back to beat a team that jc dominated
belfry forever Wrote:You should be more concerned about embarrassing yourself and Johnson Central fans instead of Belfry fans, because that's what you're doing...Rolleyes Grow up!

With that being said...Goodluck to both teams. I think this game could go either way, but it will be a close one, not a blow-out by either.

Chill Out a little. Everybody here understands this is all in good fun.
belfry forever Wrote:You should be more concerned about embarrassing yourself and Johnson Central fans instead of Belfry fans, because that's what you're doing...Rolleyes Grow up!

With that being said...Goodluck to both teams. I think this game could go either way, but it will be a close one, not a blow-out by either.

kranky Wrote:Boyz, JC by a bunch!

Belfry doesn't know what hit them after this one. Get the bandages ready now, your going to need them. JC will fire off the ball and drive Belfry back 5 yds creating huge holes for the backs.

JC by at lest 3TD. I wanta say more but I don't want to embarrass Belfry's fans too badlyl.

kybaseball Wrote:Chill Out a little. Everybody here understands this is all in good fun.
A bit touchy when you say something about the Pirates and a low score. Can you justify the outcome with what he said? He only stated the facts nothing he needed to "mature" about. I think he is right. I like the pirates and always wish them the best. This one is a test to measure from.
Who are you ripping Grubby?Big Grin
jgrubby Wrote:A bit touchy when you say something about the Pirates and a low score. Can you justify the outcome with what he said? He only stated the facts nothing he needed to "mature" about. I think he is right. I like the pirates and always wish them the best. This one is a test to measure from.

Nobody said nothing about the low score.... I would assume the nature of the post is immature... and basically... IT IS!!!

" Get the bandages ready now, your going to need them." = VERY IMMATURE

kybaseball Wrote:Chill Out a little. Everybody here understands this is all in good fun.

I have "chilled out" all weekend since this thread started...and I have not posted before now (even though I swore I wasn't going to do it!)...Some people just get to me though!

It's all in good fun until someone's blood pressure goes sky high! (then they have a stroke and have to miss the game! Which will probably be me! lol)

I'm out of here till this game is over...
phs1986 Wrote:Nobody said nothing about the low score.... I would assume the nature of the post is immature... and basically... IT IS!!!

" Get the bandages ready now, your going to need them." = VERY IMMATURE

PHS1986 you rock as administrator but i will have to disagree I feel it is a very mature and heart felt post.Big Grin
kybaseball Wrote:PHS1986 you rock as administrator but i will have to disagree I feel it is a very mature and heart felt post.Big Grin

Well... we'll just have to agree to disagree!!! LOL.... Smile
kranky Wrote:Some on this site need to get over themselves. Belfry gets it handed to them, like it or leave it.

You can play your little games all you want.

Correction, you need to get over yourself. This game is not going to be a blowout at all. I am a Central fan, student, and athlete and I know that this is not going to be a blowout of any sorts.

Every team we play deserves respect, so as they will respect us back. Now you have two choices. Get your facts straight about the two teams and know that it is going to be a barnburner. Or leave and never talk again.

You have no right what-so-ever to come on here and act like you are a Central fan just to get everyone riled up about the game in such of this fashion. I agree with opinions, but yours is more of a bias opinion. Give reason why you think JC will blowout Belfry but until then how about you actually learn a little something about football.
BballFan63 Wrote:[quote=bucslover68]Just so happens that Andrew Elkins was hurt at a crucial point in the second half. Belfry did not make excuses, they kept playing. Grim was banged up, but who cares. He was out there and Belfry stonewalled him. Welch was their best player that night and IMO is their best player now. Dillon and Richardson were out there and Dials was plenty well enough to play and cheerlead. BTW, this notion that Louisville Central dominated Belfry needs to be put back where it came from. In no way you measure the game, did they dominate Belfry. They should have with all the D1 talent they possess. 1st and goal at the 9 with 4 minutes remaining and down 4 is not being dominated. Also, do not compare a long bus ride game against a team that you have no clue as to who you are playing, against a short bus ride in your home town for the state title. Some of these people on here know squat about football and they make the true JC fans, the ones who do know stuff and have class, look real bad.[/quote]

Please keep in mind that many of the ridiculous posts have been made by people posing as JC fans, who are not really. They're just igniting the fire.

You are right man. I just don't want either team smeared by fans from other teams who could not last a half with either JC or Belfry. Good Luck to both teams, and after this game get ready for the real season to begin.
I believe there are a lot of posters here throughout the mountains just attempting to stir trouble who would be very happy to see both teams lose this game.

That being said, I think this thread may very well reach 35 pages by Friday. So I may get at least one of my two predictions correct, if not both.
This thread will swell up to 40 pages by Thursday. Tensions will be high and cussing involved. Don't you just love football guys.
Nope.. no cussing... we DO have word filters and anyone who trys to bypass them will receive an infraction!! Sorry... that's just the way it works! Smile
I know this but it cold happen lol. I'm surprised no one has commented on my kranky reply lol.
ryandamaste5 Wrote:I know this but it could happen lol. I'm surprised no one has commented on my kranky reply lol.

Na... that reply was a good one IMHO...
ryandamaste5 Wrote:I know this but it cold happen lol. I'm surprised no one has commented on my kranky reply lol.

I didn't see where they pretended to be a Cental fan. They have a right to give their thoughts on the game and get everyone rilled up the same as you and I do.

I have seen their post before and they seem to know about football.:Thumbs:
Pirates in this one baby!!!! go belfry!!!! this should be a good game. both teams will lay everything out on the field friday night.

belfry-35
johnson central-32

goodluck to both teams though.
:Thumbs: :Thumbs: :Thumbs: :Thumbs:
ryandamaste5 Wrote:Correction, you need to get over yourself. This game is not going to be a blowout at all. I am a Central fan, student, and athlete and I know that this is not going to be a blowout of any sorts.

Every team we play deserves respect, so as they will respect us back. Now you have two choices. Get your facts straight about the two teams and know that it is going to be a barnburner. Or leave and never talk again.

You have no right what-so-ever to come on here and act like you are a Central fan just to get everyone riled up about the game in such of this fashion. I agree with opinions, but yours is more of a bias opinion. Give reason why you think JC will blowout Belfry but until then how about you actually learn a little something about football.
Ryan...You are one "class act!" :Thumbs:
How can flaming some like that they don't even know be a class act?:confused: :confused: :confused:
kybaseball Wrote:How can flaming some like that they don't even know be a class act?:confused: :confused: :confused:
This is the reason that we have an EDIT button...You have been up entirely too long...lolBig Grin
ryandamaste5 Wrote:Correction, you need to get over yourself. This game is not going to be a blowout at all. I am a Central fan, student, and athlete and I know that this is not going to be a blowout of any sorts.

Nice post. Believe me when you use the word RESPECT, it is of utmost importance in this game. I truly believe that each team respects the other. Great rivalries do not have to be bitter. And BTW, I am not some mansy-pansy, we all have to get along, type. I just believe that good hard competition can be done in a way that leaves both the winner and loser looking good. I mean, these are two great teams, and when the captains go out for the coin toss Friday, it should send chills up and down everyone involved. We live in a state where, for a long time, high school football took a back seat to basketball. Now, I do not believe it does. Growing up in Belfry, it was all there was to do on a Friday night; go to the game. I am sure it has developed into that at Central. We should all cheer hard, but do it with class. This is directed at both schools involved. There are great opportunities for both teams this year. Homefield is big, and on a given night, anyone can beat or be beaten. The only connection I have to the JC program, is that Jim Matney was the first high school football player that I ever met. I was only 5 or 6 years old, but I remember it like it was yesterday. I have always respected him. I believe he is the greatest competitor I have ever seen on the football field, either as a player or as a coach. So enjoy Friday. Build it up. Live in the moment. Watch Friday Night Lights ten times before the game. Two of the best programs in this part of the state will battle. Remember there are very few teams who actually get to participate in games like this. There are very few teams who can actually call themselves contenders for the hardware every year. Belfry has been, and is, there, and JC is right on the brink of contending every year. Good Luck to both the teams and fans, and have a great game. But most of all, enjoy the ride.
Theres nothing pansy about wanting everyone to get along. I am all for it. It is obvious that we are all talking in good fun. I disagree with flaming somebody and attacking them personally that is kidding around. That was uncalled for.
And to you Pirates pack a punch GOOD ONE.Smile Smile
kybaseball Wrote:Theres nothing pansy about wanting everyone to get along. I am all for it. It is obvious that we are all talking in good fun. I disagree with flaming somebody and attacking them personally that is kidding around. That was uncalled for.
And to you Pirates pack a punch GOOD ONE.Smile Smile

Gotcha, my point about me not being mansy-pansy was about my post as a whole. It is a respect and get- along post, but I am as competitive as they come. I really like this thread and I get a big laugh out of some of it, but everyone is pretty cool and i don't see much of a problem with most of what has been said on here.
:thanks: I enjoy it too. Two really good teams are getting ready to hook it up and it is a lot of fun hyping it up.Hype sells tickets and every schools need the money right now. We all probably just added 10-15 from here just wanting to see who will win.Smile
sstack Wrote:If Highlands did not play up two classes, Belfry would not win the state final either!

That's probably true. They have been beating up on us over here in Bowling Green for the last few years. That Highlands machine. They have cost us a couple of state titles.
JC wins this one.
:Thumbs:
phs1986 Wrote:Nope.. no cussing... we DO have word filters and anyone who trys to bypass them will receive an infraction!! Sorry... that's just the way it works! Smile

:Thumbs: you said it, PHS, there is NO room for cursing in here...........if someone stoops that low as to TRY and pass language like that, then they should be banned from these forums..........this is supposed to be in good taste and healthy competitive, opinionated funWink Big Grin Big Grin
Lets just say umm i think the streak eands this year!
bucslover68 Wrote:Nice post. Believe me when you use the word RESPECT, it is of utmost importance in this game. I truly believe that each team respects the other. Great rivalries do not have to be bitter. And BTW, I am not some mansy-pansy, we all have to get along, type. I just believe that good hard competition can be done in a way that leaves both the winner and loser looking good. I mean, these are two great teams, and when the captains go out for the coin toss Friday, it should send chills up and down everyone involved. We live in a state where, for a long time, high school football took a back seat to basketball. Now, I do not believe it does. Growing up in Belfry, it was all there was to do on a Friday night; go to the game. I am sure it has developed into that at Central. We should all cheer hard, but do it with class. This is directed at both schools involved. There are great opportunities for both teams this year. Homefield is big, and on a given night, anyone can beat or be beaten. The only connection I have to the JC program, is that Jim Matney was the first high school football player that I ever met. I was only 5 or 6 years old, but I remember it like it was yesterday. I have always respected him. I believe he is the greatest competitor I have ever seen on the football field, either as a player or as a coach. So enjoy Friday. Build it up. Live in the moment. Watch Friday Night Lights ten times before the game. Two of the best programs in this part of the state will battle. Remember there are very few teams who actually get to participate in games like this. There are very few teams who can actually call themselves contenders for the hardware every year. Belfry has been, and is, there, and JC is right on the brink of contending every year. Good Luck to both the teams and fans, and have a great game. But most of all, enjoy the ride.

Great Post...:Thumbs:
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13