Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Belfry @ Johnson Central
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Panther Thunder Wrote:Well, Belfry might as well come over to WC Hambley and play since we have the week off, seeing as they have no chance in this one.
...LOL...and get it again? Some people amaze me~~~
Mr. Sandwich Wrote:Belfry rolled against a beat up and injured JC team. You take away the injuries, and it would have maybe had a completely different outcome. Need you be reminded of the beating Louisville Central handed you? The same Louisville Central that JC dominated. Haing a healthy team makes ALL the difference. That difference will show this week at The Nest.

Keep on digging...I'm sure no one from Belfry was a little beat up in week 11.

I almost hope you guys break the curse this week, because its really starting to mees with the thought process of the good people of Paintsville.

Here's a promise to you...If Johnson Central wins I'll gladly say the better team won, and good luck in the playoffs. But I don't really think I'll hear many people say that if Belfry pulls out the miraculous W.Rolleyes
I think that the pressure is on central a whole lot more than it is the pirates. By most of the threads on here , belfry shouldn't even be on the same field as the eagles, so if they lose it is a top 5 5a school beating a top 5 3a school at home. Belfry could take the loss and work on their weaknesses heading into the playoffs, knowing their only loss come at the hands of a very good central team. But if the shoe is on the other foot, and the pirates win, would it play on centrals psych heading in to the playoffs
redleg Wrote:Take away centrals district games and who have they played that makes them so dominate? They've played up in class only once all year, against a 1 win 6a school who played them with in a touchdown at the nest. Their other out of district games came against 2 3a schools, 2 1a schools, and a team from Canada.

This is what I brought up and nobody wanted to respond to it?
adopted purple Wrote:I say Johnson Central beats Belfry in a close game. But, I also think JC will not make it to the 5A finals and Belfry wins the 3A state finals.

If Highlands did not play up two classes, Belfry would not win the state final either!
Rolleyes :ChairHit:
Leonidas Wrote:Keep on digging...I'm sure no one from Belfry was a little beat up in week 11.

I almost hope you guys break the curse this week, because its really starting to mees with the thought process of the good people of Paintsville.

Here's a promise to you...If Johnson Central wins I'll gladly say the better team won, and good luck in the playoffs. But I don't really think I'll hear many people say that if Belfry pulls out the miraculous W.Rolleyes
I have to agree with ya on this one leo...Kinda reminds me of the movie now...lol (Spartans against the MIGHTY PERSIANS)
sstack Wrote:If Highlands did not play up two classes, Belfry would not win the state final either!

Not every year... not most years... but every once and a while Belfry puts a team out there who could possibly beat those Bluebirds if things went right. I think I would have taken my chances against Highlands in 2003 and 2004... last year Highlands would have beat Belfry by alot (even though they didn't really prove they were that much better when they played Lou. Central themselves). This season Highlands would beat Belfry... BADLY.. at this point in the season, I have no problem admitting that.
~Pirates Pack a Punch~ Wrote:Rolleyes :ChairHit:
I have to agree with ya on this one leo...Kinda reminds me of the movie now...lol (Spartans against the MIGHTY PERSIANS)

You do realize all those Spartans eventually lose that battle don't ya? Smile
redleg Wrote:I think that the pressure is on central a whole lot more than it is the pirates. By most of the threads on here , belfry shouldn't even be on the same field as the eagles, so if they lose it is a top 5 5a school beating a top 5 3a school at home. Belfry could take the loss and work on their weaknesses heading into the playoffs, knowing their only loss come at the hands of a very good central team. But if the shoe is on the other foot, and the pirates win, would it play on centrals psych heading in to the playoffs

You said it all Big Grin
Lets just Pray for a great hard fought game, with no injuries and lots of lessons, so that both teams can continue on in their districts.

And btw... what is the record :p
~Pirates Pack a Punch~ Wrote:It's an attitude thing...and its apparent some people still need work in the department...Wink

lol ...you're right...on both sides of the fence
sstack Wrote:If Highlands did not play up two classes, Belfry would not win the state final either!

This thread is not about Highlands and Belfry. They do not play. JC, who I am pulling for, for a great postseason run, needs to worry about their own business. The prevailing thoughts on BGR is that a Highlands and JC matchup is inevitable. I hope that happens, but there are a couple of other teams that would love a shot at JC in the second round, so take it one game at a time. Belfry will show up, they will play hard, they will not back down, they may or may not win. Belfry's success is not dependent on this game. They are a 3A team, and they have their sights on the 3A playoffs, not on winning or losing against JC.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:You do realize all those Spartans eventually lose that battle don't ya? Smile
I just can't top that!!! LMAO
Leonidas Wrote:Keep on digging...I'm sure no one from Belfry was a little beat up in week 11.

Just so happens that Andrew Elkins was hurt at a crucial point in the second half. Belfry did not make excuses, they kept playing. Grim was banged up, but who cares. He was out there and Belfry stonewalled him. Welch was their best player that night and IMO is their best player now. Dillon and Richardson were out there and Dials was plenty well enough to play and cheerlead. BTW, this notion that Louisville Central dominated Belfry needs to be put back where it came from. In no way you measure the game, did they dominate Belfry. They should have with all the D1 talent they possess. 1st and goal at the 9 with 4 minutes remaining and down 4 is not being dominated. Also, do not compare a long bus ride game against a team that you have no clue as to who you are playing, against a short bus ride in your home town for the state title. Some of these people on here know squat about football and they make the true JC fans, the ones who do know stuff and have class, look real bad.
Boyz, JC by a bunch!

Belfry doesn't know what hit them after this one. Get the bandages ready now, your going to need them. JC will fire off the ball and drive Belfry back 5 yds creating huge holes for the backs.

JC by at lest 3TD. I wanta say more but I don't want to embarrass Belfry's fans too badlyl.

Exactly
Once again, do we need to bring up the fact that Belfry struggled against a TERRIBLE LC team this year? Keep the comments coming. You are fueling a fire that is about to explode. Friday night, fellas. Friday night.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:You do realize all those Spartans eventually lose that battle don't ya? Smile
UH HUH...But it was a heck of a war! LOLCool
Mr. Sandwich Wrote:Once again, do we need to bring up the fact that Belfry struggled against a TERRIBLE LC team this year? Keep the comments coming. You are fueling a fire that is about to explode. Friday night, fellas. Friday night.

The Belfry fans have been more than civil..I don't think I have seen a single Pirate supporter predict a blowout and I have been watching closely so I can add it to thr crow thread. The only fire being fueled is the team who could " Barely beata horrible LC team" in the SECOND game of the year.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:The Belfry fans have been more than civil..I don't think I have seen a single Pirate supporter predict a blowout and I have been watching closely so I can add it to thr crow thread. The only fire being fueled is the team who could " Barely beata horrible LC team" in the SECOND game of the year.

lol
I love Football
EKUAlum05 Wrote:The Belfry fans have been more than civil..I don't think I have seen a single Pirate supporter predict a blowout and I have been watching closely so I can add it to thr crow thread. The only fire being fueled is the team who could " Barely beata horrible LC team" in the SECOND game of the year.

Only beat them by 2 in 2004! They were 3-7 that year. LC plays Belfry tough most years.
Eagle_Fan442 Wrote:lol
I love Football

MEEEEEEEE tOOOOO!
[quote=bucslover68]Just so happens that Andrew Elkins was hurt at a crucial point in the second half. Belfry did not make excuses, they kept playing. Grim was banged up, but who cares. He was out there and Belfry stonewalled him. Welch was their best player that night and IMO is their best player now. Dillon and Richardson were out there and Dials was plenty well enough to play and cheerlead. BTW, this notion that Louisville Central dominated Belfry needs to be put back where it came from. In no way you measure the game, did they dominate Belfry. They should have with all the D1 talent they possess. 1st and goal at the 9 with 4 minutes remaining and down 4 is not being dominated. Also, do not compare a long bus ride game against a team that you have no clue as to who you are playing, against a short bus ride in your home town for the state title. Some of these people on here know squat about football and they make the true JC fans, the ones who do know stuff and have class, look real bad.[/quote]

Please keep in mind that many of the ridiculous posts have been made by people posing as JC fans, who are not really. They're just igniting the fire.
BballFan63 Wrote:[quote=bucslover68]Just so happens that Andrew Elkins was hurt at a crucial point in the second half. Belfry did not make excuses, they kept playing. Grim was banged up, but who cares. He was out there and Belfry stonewalled him. Welch was their best player that night and IMO is their best player now. Dillon and Richardson were out there and Dials was plenty well enough to play and cheerlead. BTW, this notion that Louisville Central dominated Belfry needs to be put back where it came from. In no way you measure the game, did they dominate Belfry. They should have with all the D1 talent they possess. 1st and goal at the 9 with 4 minutes remaining and down 4 is not being dominated. Also, do not compare a long bus ride game against a team that you have no clue as to who you are playing, against a short bus ride in your home town for the state title. Some of these people on here know squat about football and they make the true JC fans, the ones who do know stuff and have class, look real bad.[/quote]

Please keep in mind that many of the ridiculous posts have been made by people posing as JC fans, who are not really. They're just igniting the fire.

I agree! Walk the walk before you talk the talk! This will be a war. ding, ding, round 2, for Matney as the coach at JC. Belfry won the first round.
kranky Wrote:Boyz, JC by a bunch!

Belfry doesn't know what hit them after this one. Get the bandages ready now, your going to need them. JC will fire off the ball and drive Belfry back 5 yds creating huge holes for the backs.

JC by at lest 3TD. I wanta say more but I don't want to embarrass Belfry's fans too badlyl.

You should be more concerned about embarrassing yourself and Johnson Central fans instead of Belfry fans, because that's what you're doing...Rolleyes Grow up!

With that being said...Goodluck to both teams. I think this game could go either way, but it will be a close one, not a blow-out by either.
It's amazing how many non Johnson Central fans are prediciting a blow out. This Friday night will be a battle down to the end and it will be a close score in my opinion. I just hope all the Belfry fans on here realize that most of this crap being spread on here is coming from people who have nothing to do with the Johnson Central program.
Don Carlo Wrote:It's amazing how many non Johnson Central fans are prediciting a blow out. This Friday night will be a battle down to the end and it will be a close score in my opinion. I just hope all the Belfry fans on here realize that most of this crap being spread on here is coming from people who have nothing to do with the Johnson Central program.
Here's another one to add to the "Crow List".
Since I am an expert I will hold off and post my prediction on Thursday evening. It will be a prediction that will put all other predictions to shame!!

I know it will be hard to wait, but you must...
jgrubby Wrote:Here's another one to add to the "Crow List".

Why? I know the game will be a war and will be a great game between two outstanding teams.
~Pirates Pack a Punch~ Wrote:...LOL...and get it again? Some people amaze me~~~
And YOU amaze me that you can't detect a big hint at sarcasm in Belfry's favor. Rolleyes
Don Carlo Wrote:Why? I know the game will be a war and will be a great game between two outstanding teams.
You know my Crow may have an extra helping but I doubt its anything but close!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13