Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Belfry @ Johnson Central
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
hoghead08 Wrote:When was the last time Belfry has had a team score 40 or more points on them? If JC scores 40 points or more on Belfry it will be the first time in years Belfry has allowed that many points. If JC scores more than 2 TDs they will be doing more than i expected.

Belfry-27
JC-13

The last time a team put up 40 or more points against Belfry came in 2002 against Ironton.. We lost 42-28.. it was a tough game, it was at Ironton.. But yeah, its been 6 years since its happened..
just a couple stats.. the last time Belfry actually took an awful beating was in 2000 when Ironton put up 55 against the pirates to win 55-7

and then in 99', Lawrence County layed a 50-6 beating on us..
mrfootball03 Wrote:The last time a team put up 40 or more points against Belfry came in 2002 against Ironton.. We lost 42-28.. it was a tough game, it was at Ironton.. But yeah, its been 6 years since its happened..

For those of you that remember, we led Ironton 28-7 that year & then the refs remembered Ironton needed that win to get into the playoffs.

It was the most ridiculously called game I've ever seen to this day.
BelfryJustice Wrote:Please explain more. I just don’t see it the same way. The East Carter game was 48-0 Belfry at one point. How does that show that Belfry’s Defense is weak? From what I understand East Carter scores the last play of the game with a lot of young guys on the field. Rolleyes

Basically, East Carter did get quite a few rushing yards on Belfry, but to me, Belfry is playing bored against these teams that they can name the score against. Belfry has been waiting for a game like JC to get fired up about. However, getting excited about a game does not produce points or wins. Belfry will show up, and I hope both teams play well and neither team suffers a major injury. I really believe that both teams have long playoff runs in front of them. Belfry is good enough to win this game, but JC is playing awesome. Belfry needs to come out and play well early. I really believe the game will be decided up front. If JC's line is as good as they are supposed to be, then Belfry will need to be able for their line and linebackers to get off blocks and make plays. If Belfry does this, they have a chance, if not, it will be a long night for the Pirates.TongueirateSho
allseasonfan Wrote:Could this be the mountain game of the year?

NO!
Johnson Central will handle Belfry no problem this season. Belfry has yet to play really anyone to the level of a Johnson Central. No need to speak of last year, This game will be played this year.
Johnson Central 42 Belfry 22Wink
F.N.L. Wrote:NO!
Johnson Central will handle Belfry no problem this season. Belfry has yet to play really anyone to the level of a Johnson Central. No need to speak of last year, This game will be played this year.
Johnson Central 42 Belfry 22Wink

It is still the best mountain game of the year, at least in the build up to it. Rarely do teams this highly rated get to play each other. Only time will tell if the matchup lives up to the expectations.
This thread continues to get more amazing.

How can anyone from JC justify naming such ridiculous scores in the Golden Eagles favor yet refuse to even refer to last year's game.

Both basically have the same teams coming back. I'm not going to sit here and say that means Belfry wins, because I think this is anyone's ballgame. But if there is a reference point at all to compare these two clubs it was almost one year ago this week and Belfry rolled.
Leonidas Wrote:This thread continues to get more amazing.

How can anyone from JC justify naming such ridiculous scores in the Golden Eagles favor yet refuse to even refer to last year's game.

Both basically have the same teams coming back. I'm not going to sit here and say that means Belfry wins, because I think this is anyone's ballgame. But if there is a reference point at all to compare these two clubs it was almost one year ago this week and Belfry rolled.

They will not refer to last year, but Belfry's 2nd game of the year against Lawrence County is definately open for discussion.

Belfry rolled against a beat up and injured JC team. You take away the injuries, and it would have maybe had a completely different outcome. Need you be reminded of the beating Louisville Central handed you? The same Louisville Central that JC dominated. Haing a healthy team makes ALL the difference. That difference will show this week at The Nest.

That is where you and anyone else that makes that assumption is mistakenly dead wrong. I'm not going to say who will win and who will lose. Not even going to predict any scores. The line for Johnson Central is almost entirely new, and that is from where the biggest impact for this season for JC is coming from. You have this years three big dominating linemen that did not play in the Belfry game last year. This is an entirely different team.
Take away centrals district games and who have they played that makes them so dominate? They've played up in class only once all year, against a 1 win 6a school who played them with in a touchdown at the nest. Their other out of district games came against 2 3a schools, 2 1a schools, and a team from Canada.
redleg Wrote:Take away centrals district games and who have they played that makes them so dominate? They've played up in class only once all year, against a 1 win 6a school who played them with in a touchdown at the nest. Their other out of district games came against 2 3a schools, 2 1a schools, and a team from Canada.

Ok now name the teams that Belfry has played that JC would have to leave their starters in past halftime????? I have a great feeling that JC is going to get rid of that lil curse they have when playing the pirates this friday night!:rockon:
probably the same ones belfry has
Leonidas Wrote:For those of you that remember, we led Ironton 28-7 that year & then the refs remembered Ironton needed that win to get into the playoffs.

It was the most ridiculously called game I've ever seen to this day.

I don't think Ironton beating a team from KY would have any playoff implications at all.
I can see next weeks discussion already. Belfry fans saying, "You beat us one time out of how many?" Trying to justify their teams loss. Well it's coming. Hope it won't hurt their egos too bad. Cool
And if belfry wins, centrals will be that we had too many injuries
Mr. Sandwich Wrote:I can see next weeks discussion already. Belfry fans saying, "You beat us one time out of how many?" Trying to justify their teams loss. Well it's coming. Hope it won't hurt their egos too bad. Cool

From some of the comments and predictions on here I don't think it is Belfry who will be reaching for excuses if they lose, or are in the biggest jeopardy of any ego problems Confusedhh: .
kyrifle Wrote:I don't think Ironton beating a team from KY would have any playoff implications at all.

Ohio goes my computer polls for their playoffs...a loss to a small enrollment KY team would have knocked Ironton out of the playoffs. In no way am i saying there was a cnspiracy though, Belfry lost that game with poor tackling and turnovers.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:From some of the comments and predictions on here I don't think it is Belfry who will be reaching for excuses if they lose, or are in the biggest jeopardy of any ego problems Confusedhh: .

Whatever you have to tell yourself to sleep better at night. I've made my prediciton. We'll just have to see the outcome Friday night.
Mr. Sandwich Wrote:Whatever you have to tell yourself to sleep better at night. I've made my prediciton. We'll just have to see the outcome Friday night.

I sleep fine at night..even when I predicted JC would beat Belfry this week. I know this success is new to JC and all.. but at least try to act like you have been there before.Wink
Johnson Central may very well beat our Belfry Pirates come this Friday night. It's going to be a war, if both teams show up, fired up and ready to play, but there is no way that Central puts up 40 points on this Belfry team.

Belfry's D may not be the best it has ever been but it's not that bad and besides who will have time to put up 40 points with both teams running the ball all night long. Big Grin

This game will be desided by a blocked field goal or turnovers late in the game. Centrals O Line may be good but so is Belfry's. We'll see just how happy the "Nest" is after the game Friday night after this unqualified, over rated #1 3A team sails into Paintsvilles with that Haywood game plan of controlling the clock and flat out mashing your mouth football. :ChairHit:

Believe me I know Cetral is a good team. Matney is a great coach and has a bunch of talent at his fingertips, but we'll see just how tough his boys are this Friday night when that team in Red lines up and smacks you in the mouth. Central may hit hard but the Pirates will be right there to hit them back early and often.

If Central stops Belfry up the middle, outside, thru the air and can stop Ivan, Charlie, Thomas and Andrew just to name a few then they will win. But what's going to happen when the Pirates take the outside away from Central. It could be a long night.

Come Friday night I believe we will all see a game that will be talked about for years to come but for those that believe Central will score 40 or more on Belfry and beat them by 3 or 4 touchdowns had better wake up and face reality. Again a touchdown late off a turnover or a missed field goal will decide this game. It will not be a blowout by any means.

GO BIG RED!!!:devilflam :devilflam :devilflam
EKUAlum05 Wrote:I sleep fine at night..even when I predicted JC would beat Belfry this week. I know this success is new to JC and all.. but at least try to act like you have been there before.Wink

I have been there. Never with JC, but with a very prestigious and respected school in the mountains. You may have heard of them. Lawrence County Bulldogs. 1997-2000. Ring a bell? I have seen victory. I have seen defeat. I know how it feels to beat a team that says they are going to run all over you. My prediction is, Friday night, the streak ends. Period.
Mr. Sandwich Wrote:I have been there. Never with JC, but with a very prestigious and respected school in the mountains. You may have heard of them. Lawrence County Bulldogs. 1997-2000. Ring a bell? I have seen victory. I have seen defeat. I know how it feels to beat a team that says they are going to run all over you. My prediction is, Friday night, the streak ends. Period.

Then you know how Belfry fans feel, as that is what all the "smack" is on here.... I don't know about JC running all over the Pirates :confused: .... AND.....I don't think anyone who is backing the pirates are saying they are going to run all over JC either....... I think its gonna be a GREAT game!!!
Mr. Sandwich Wrote:I have been there. Never with JC, but with a very prestigious and respected school in the mountains. You may have heard of them. Lawrence County Bulldogs. 1997-2000. Ring a bell? I have seen victory. I have seen defeat. I know how it feels to beat a team that says they are going to run all over you. My prediction is, Friday night, the streak ends. Period.
That does sound in tune with the way predictions have went....Wink
Well, Belfry might as well come over to WC Hambley and play since we have the week off, seeing as they have no chance in this one.
I say Johnson Central beats Belfry in a close game. But, I also think JC will not make it to the 5A finals and Belfry wins the 3A state finals.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:I sleep fine at night..even when I predicted JC would beat Belfry this week. I know this success is new to JC and all.. but at least try to act like you have been there before.Wink
It's an attitude thing...and its apparent some people still need work in the department...Wink
kyrifle Wrote:I don't think Ironton beating a team from KY would have any playoff implications at all.

That would be because you don't know much about Ohio football.
adopted purple Wrote:I say Johnson Central beats Belfry in a close game. But, I also think JC will not make it to the 5A finals and Belfry wins the 3A state finals.
To be honest...Id love to see both teams bring home the hardware. It's about time Matney gets some recognition..However...I'm not going to give JC the win this Friday night...I have faith in my Pirates...:redboxer:
Duh...one streak or the other...lolCool
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13