Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Belfry @ Johnson Central
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Kayaker Wrote:My analogy applies to this scenerio because you where trying to discredit JC's win over Breathitt by saying P-burg beat them and P-burg narrowly escaped with Shelby Vallyey. Read your previous post. I was merely saying a comparison of scores is never a good indicator of where at team is at. Thus, I gave the Belfry vs LC, then LC vs Rowan comparison. By the way JC's win over Breathitt was in Week one just like Belfry's win over LC was in Week 3 I believe.
But where is Rowan County in your equation...I was not trying to discredit any team! As I have stated before I am a "family friend of Jim Matney" and I have the utmost respect for him. I am an eagle fan if Belfry isn't playing. Sounds as if this is a TOUCHY subject, but as I am very sure you are aware Belfry is working on "BEEFING UP" their schedule. Maybe you can suggest this to Jim also...lolCool
If...Then Wrote:Belfry isnt the team they were last year, and JC is better than they were last year.

JC by 3 TD's

So Johnson Central is 5 td's better than last year?:confused:
Alright, here you go, full analogy, Chris Berman parody.

Belfry travels up to Paintsville to face a team that runs like they're in the Kentucky Derby... oh wait, Belfry does that too.

Johnson Central's stats kill Belfry's. They're the number one rushing team in the nation according to someone on here, and their schedule is tougher than Belfry's... Belfry might be in for some trouble. But wait! There's a few non-players first who might object to that. Phillip Haywood and Steve Mickey. All this talk of Belfry getting smashed... I promise you our coaches see it. All your doing is firing Coach Rowe up...
I advise against doing so.

Johnson Central's played a tough schedule, but have they faced anyone as physical as this Belfry team? These guys love to hit. Trust me, losing Dustin May hurt... but not that bad! We've still got the backs. You want smacked in the mouth? Charlie Dotson. You want outran? Thomas Varney. You want both? Ivan Lee. Don't get me wrong either, Thomas will be glad to smack you in the mouth and Charlie probably can outrun most of these guys.

and despite the contrary belief... we do have the ability to pass. Drew Elkins is 29-39 this year, zero interceptions, and six touchdowns. Not that many passes because we haven't had to. Remember Thomas Varney? He catches too... 3 touchdown catches on the year. The only thing we lost on offense is Jimbo Stanley... and all that helps for Johnson Central is the equipment crew, they don't have to buy new facemasks for everyone he blocks. Cameron's pretty reliable.

Now the rushing boys for Central. 400 yards per game. #1 in the nation. Deemed unstoppable... Enter #63. He can overpower you and has the speed of a halfback, not to mention the rest of the defensive line. If you're lucky enough to make it past them, you'll be met by Charlie Dotson. Good luck getting much farther. Oh, and Cory plays tackle too... big improvement over Roid in my opinion...

Every single person on this team will need to contribute. Even though I didn't mention names, every one of them is needed. In the end, this team has too much talent for Johnson Central, you have to decide who to stop and how to stop them because everyone in the backfield is two dimensional. The defense is lined with talent, speed, and strength. Together with our coaches Johnson Central is up for a let down.

Belfry lays the hits, and prevails. 31-14.
jgrubby Wrote:The pole is gettting closer because they're more Belfry fans who are on here than JC fans.

There are a lot of JC fans on here now as well. :moon:
JC-28
Belfry-7
Belfry0304 Wrote:Alright, here you go, full analogy, Chris Berman parody.

Belfry travels up to Paintsville to face a team that runs like they're in the Kentucky Derby... oh wait, Belfry does that too.

Johnson Central's stats kill Belfry's. They're the number one rushing team in the nation according to someone on here, and their schedule is tougher than Belfry's... Belfry might be in for some trouble. But wait! There's a few non-players first who might object to that. Phillip Haywood and Steve Mickey. All this talk of Belfry getting smashed... I promise you our coaches see it. All your doing is firing Coach Rowe up...
I advise against doing so.

Johnson Central's played a tough schedule, but have they faced anyone as physical as this Belfry team? These guys love to hit. Trust me, losing Dustin May hurt... but not that bad! We've still got the backs. You want smacked in the mouth? Charlie Dotson. You want outran? Thomas Varney. You want both? Ivan Lee. Don't get me wrong either, Thomas will be glad to smack you in the mouth and Charlie probably can outrun most of these guys.

and despite the contrary belief... we do have the ability to pass. Drew Elkins is 29-39 this year, zero interceptions, and six touchdowns. Not that many passes because we haven't had to. Remember Thomas Varney? He catches too... 3 touchdown catches on the year. The only thing we lost on offense is Jimbo Stanley... and all that helps for Johnson Central is the equipment crew, they don't have to buy new facemasks for everyone he blocks. Cameron's pretty reliable.

Now the rushing boys for Central. 400 yards per game. #1 in the nation. Deemed unstoppable... Enter #63. He can overpower you and has the speed of a halfback, not to mention the rest of the defensive line. If you're lucky enough to make it past them, you'll be met by Charlie Dotson. Good luck getting much farther. Oh, and Cory plays tackle too... big improvement over Roid in my opinion...

Every single person on this team will need to contribute. Even though I didn't mention names, every one of them is needed. In the end, this team has too much talent for Johnson Central, you have to decide who to stop and how to stop them because everyone in the backfield is two dimensional. The defense is lined with talent, speed, and strength. Together with our coaches Johnson Central is up for a let down.

Belfry lays the hits, and prevails. 31-14.
Well said my son! I was going to reply, but you said it for me! KUDOS! Do you get the rationale for this analogy?
Originally Posted by Kayaker
So thats how your determine a teams strength of schedule. You like comparison of scores, let me throw one at ya. Belfry beat LC 20-13(right), LC got smacked 43-0 by Rowan Co. Doesnt look to good for the Pirates in your analogy now does it. I agree the game will be close, but dont try to pretend the Pirates have played a schedule anywhere close to what JC has.
~Pirates Pack a Punch~ Wrote:Well said my son! I was going to reply, but you said it for me! KUDOS! Do you get the rationale for this analogy?
So thats how your determine a teams strength of schedule. You like comparison of scores, let me throw one at ya. Belfry beat LC 20-13(right), LC got smacked 43-0 by Rowan Co. Doesnt look to good for the Pirates in your analogy now does it. I agree the game will be close, but dont try to pretend the Pirates have played a schedule anywhere close to what JC has.

Not really, my second mother. Lawrence County came out pumped up, we're Belfry. We made mistakes too. They just weren't as pumped for Rowan County. I don't go by scores, I go by stats haha.

AND On defense - Ivan's the same way as Cory - strong, fast... if they're both in the zone we're not the team to mess with.
~Pirates Pack a Punch~ Wrote:Well said my son! I was going to reply, but you said it for me! KUDOS! Do you get the rationale for this analogy?

My point is that Rowan is a bad team, just like Shelby Valley is a bad team. I dont know how else to explain it, you are the one who brung up that P-burg narrowly escaped SV, a team that JC hasnt even played, in hopes of discrediting JC win over Breathitt Co. So I brung up Rowan, a team that wacked LC, a team Belfry narrowly escaped. I cant draw a map, it probably wouldnt accomplish anything if I did.
Kayaker Wrote:My point is that Rowan is a bad team, just like Shelby Valley is a bad team. I dont know how else to explain it, you are the one who brung up that P-burg narrowly escaped SV, a team that JC hasnt even played, in hopes of discrediting JC win over Breathitt Co. So I brung up Rowan, a team that wacked LC, a team Belfry narrowly escaped. I cant draw a map, it probably wouldnt accomplish anything if I did.

How about knocking off the smart remarks? It's football, not the Presidential Election.
[quote=Kayaker]My point is that Rowan is a bad team, just like Shelby Valley is a bad team. I dont know how else to explain it, you are the one who brung up that P-burg narrowly escaped SV, a team that JC hasnt even played, in hopes of discrediting JC win over Breathitt Co. So I brung up Rowan, a team that wacked LC, a team Belfry narrowly escaped. I cant draw a map, it probably wouldnt accomplish anything if I did.[/quote]

Yeah you can... draw ya one to the field... THAT is where the action will be on Friday night!!! :letsparty
Belfry0304 Wrote:How about knocking off the smart remarks? It's football, not the Presidential Election.

How about getting the point the first time so I dont have to repeat myself 4 times.
Kayaker Wrote:My point is that Rowan is a bad team, just like Shelby Valley is a bad team. I dont know how else to explain it, you are the one who brung up that P-burg narrowly escaped SV, a team that JC hasnt even played, in hopes of discrediting JC win over Breathitt Co. So I brung up Rowan, a team that wacked LC, a team Belfry narrowly escaped. I cant draw a map, it probably wouldnt accomplish anything if I did.
LOL...Gotcha...Map wouldn't have worked either on that one...had to be spelled out there and I do have my blonde moments...(blonde with a master's degree can be dangerous at times) At any rate, it is obvious that both teams have exceptional players, depth, and knowlegable coaches. Taking nothing away from Johnson Central - Good Luck Friday night! Both teams will be ready to play!
phs1986 Wrote:[quote=Kayaker]My point is that Rowan is a bad team, just like Shelby Valley is a bad team. I dont know how else to explain it, you are the one who brung up that P-burg narrowly escaped SV, a team that JC hasnt even played, in hopes of discrediting JC win over Breathitt Co. So I brung up Rowan, a team that wacked LC, a team Belfry narrowly escaped. I cant draw a map, it probably wouldnt accomplish anything if I did.[/quote]

Yeah you can... draw ya one to the field... THAT is where the action will be on Friday night!!! :letsparty
Exactly.Wink So bringing up games of other teams is foolish to determine a teams strengths. As I have said all along, I expect a great game. I dont know which way it will go.
~Pirates Pack a Punch~ Wrote:LOL...Gotcha...Map wouldn't have worked either on that one...had to be spelled out there and I do have my blonde moments...(blonde with a master's degree can be dangerous at times) At any rate, it is obvious that both teams have exceptional players, depth, and knowlegable coaches. Taking nothing away from Johnson Central - Good Luck Friday night! Both teams will be ready to play!

Well I apologize for getting carried away. I as well am a Pirates fan 9 weeks of the regular season, actually all mountain teams when they arent playing JC. I hope Belfry makes it to the carpet and comes back to the Pond Creek Nation with some hardware. May the best team win and hopes that both remain injury free.
Kayaker Wrote:How about getting the point the first time so I dont have to repeat myself 4 times.

Well, I understood. I said I don't base it off games, I do off stats. But there's no need to be mean, especially to someone who's like my mom. Sorry bro.
JC wins by 2 touchdowns.
Kayaker Wrote:Well I apologize for getting carried away. I as well am a Pirates fan 9 weeks of the regular season, actually all mountain teams when they arent playing JC. I hope Belfry makes it to the carpet and comes back to the Pond Creek Nation with some hardware. May the best team win and hopes that both remain injury free.
..AGREED!...I didn't mean to come across smart either...Good Luck with the rest of your season.. When you made the remark about the soft schedule...I simply think Johnson Centrals could be tougher also (for a 5A team); however perhaps my analogy was a little far-fetched...hehehe..I was trying to be nice..
Belfry0304 Wrote:Well, I understood. I said I don't base it off games, I do off stats. But there's no need to be mean, especially to someone who's like my mom. Sorry bro.
Awwww...Thanx bub..Loves!
Belfry0304 Wrote:Well, I understood. I said I don't base it off games, I do off stats. But there's no need to be mean, especially to someone who's like my mom. Sorry bro.
Nice to know someone has my back!Cool ...lol
Yea, this is the GOTW no arguments. I really don't know who I would pick in this one. Both teams are great. I'll take Belfry in a td game.

:lmao:
~Pirates Pack a Punch~ Wrote:yea..the Lawrence County game was an experience. I will agree with ya on this analogy but Central is a 5 A team with the ability to play a much tougher schedule also. Btw...I was just thinking...where did Jim Matney come from...BELFRY and although raised in Mc Creary County...where is Ryan Harlow's roots?...BELFRY...kinda neat huh? I am a family friend of both. I grew up with Jim and Bobby (Ryan's Dad) Just nice to see the tradition continuing...even though they are Coach Roddy's prodigies..Good luck to both teams (Injury free) I do think that the Lawrence County game was early in the year and it took our Sophmores some time to get insync with the other players and for those players to gain the trust in each other.:letsparty

As a football fan from up north, I think this is going to be a good game. I feel nobody is going to have a blow out game. What gets me is the talk of JC playing a tough schedule? You played one 6A team that is 1-8, two 1A teams(why?), Mont Count 3-6(bad), Wood County and Bry Station are 500 clubs,Ashland is average, Breathitt is 3A(do not know much about this team), and Belfry(the best team on your schedule. I know you can not control your distict games, but lets step up non-conf. games. I feel this is JC first test of the year, not the way to prepare for the playoffs. I know you don't want to talk about the possible Highlands match up yet, but I have heard alot of talk about JC taking them down this year. Have these same fans actually seen or talked to anybody who have watched Highlands this year or past years? I also see JC getting into trouble if anyone shuts the run down, because you have no passing game. Teams like Highlands are harder to defend because they do both. Ask Madison Central, all run first half and all passing second half. And you will not run on Highlands like you are with the teams you are playing. Hope for more of this discusion after this weeks game. Should be a good game, and I give a slight edge to Belfry because JC has proved nothing to me yet. Good luck both teams!
:popcorn:
Memorial Gym #5 Wrote:Sounds like WYMT should show the game on TV!! I would watch!!

This is basically, the pot calling the kettle black...lol.
If you go off the schedules, you are looking at who a team has played.
If you go off the stats, you are looking at who a team has played.
They go hand in hand. So your argument makes no sense.

What good are stats when you play teams that are terrible?
Compared to stats when you play teams that are much better.

It is easier to judge how good a team is by their strength of schedule (NOT the scores).
Than it is to judge how good a team is by their stats.

This being said. I will take JC in this one by at least 2 TDs. Hope both teams come out injury free. Should be a great game to watch, with an awesome atmosphere!
OffTheHook Wrote:This is basically, the pot calling the kettle black...lol.
If you go off the schedules, you are looking at who a team has played.
If you go off the stats, you are looking at who a team has played.
They go hand in hand. So your argument makes no sense.

What good are stats when you play teams that are terrible?
Compared to stats when you play teams that are much better.

It is easier to judge how good a team is by their strength of schedule (NOT the scores).
Than it is to judge how good a team is by their stats.

This being said. I will take JC in this one by at least 2 TDs. Hope both teams come out injury free. Should be a great game to watch, with an awesome atmosphere!

Fine, I'll base it off the fact we stomped them last year after the same talk and they don't have our talent.
hate to break it to ya bro but jc is alot better this year than they were last year
Here's my prediction for this game:
- Fast moving
- Fairly low scoring
- Hard hitting
- Well Coached
- Loud

The good news for all the people who have attacked Belfry's schedule:
This will be the game that Belfry is actually hampered because of their light schedule!

The bad news for those same people:
After this game Belfry will know exactly what they have and will be prepared for a long playoff run

I would love to take my Pirates, but I think JC will b a little too tough at home and Matney would probably choose being a 4 seed in his district if it meant beating Belfry and getting that respect for his kids.

JC 21
Belfry 10
mrfootball03 Wrote:so if JC is 3 TD's better than Belfry.. that'd make JC 7 TD's better than SC.. huh?.. lol wouldn't be a little bit of jealous blood now would it? Big Grin

:thatsfunn:moon: Just cant get it in your head can you. Belfry fans can say what they want. Jc is going to were Belfry out in this one. 2 diffrent teams from last year.

JC 3 TD's
Belfry0304 Wrote:Fine, I'll base it off the fact we stomped them last year after the same talk and they don't have our talent.

:thatsfunn :moon:
There you go talking about last years game. These 2 teams are much diffrent than last year. Yes they do have the talent. How about lets wait till Friday and see how good Belfry really is. Stop talking about last years game and talk about Fridays that is the game that matters isent it.

Well you are baseing it off last years game. And if you base it off stats you are baseing it off the games 2.Rolleyes
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13