Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Belfry @ Johnson Central
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
wooderson Wrote:Again, same point, different member but one year later. "Belfry cant handle the JC offense", "JC's line will dominate Belfry's", "Coach Matney will pull out all stops in this game". Ive heard them before and Im sure I'll hear them again but MANY MANY people may be shocked at the final score in this one. Belfry will hang in there the whole game and have a chance to pull the upset. Will they? I think not. Can they? Yes.

I don't think any of us in Johnson County would call it an upset, per se, if Belfry should win. No one thinks this will be an easy job. Barring a major meltdown on one side, this game should be within two touchdowns either way.

The boys know what they're up against. The fans have faith and hope we will win and we know we can win. But if we lose, I don't think you'll find anyone in the county who feels we lost to an inferior team.

I will say that basing things on the events of last year is fallacious, though. This Central team is an entirely different animal from last year, with much better leadership, much better health, and much less turmoil. These running backs are sturdy and strong and can manufacture their own yards when needed. This quarterback values the football and runs this offense well. This defense enjoys hitting and has learned how to defend the pass as well as the run. The Eagle Field home advantage also can't be ignored. When you watch this game, even if the score ends up on the wrong side for us, nothing about this team will remind you at all of what you saw last year at CAM.
wooderson Wrote:May I ask what you are smoking? In what poll is/can Belfry be ranked ahead of JC? They are in different classes? And if Im not mistaken JC is ranked ahead of Belfry in the mountain top 10. Like I said earlier, this is exactly the same kind of posts we read before last years game so these ridiculous predictions are unwarranted. Belfry has has gotten an "education" in "hardknocks" before but to say this will happen friday night is a little puzzling. Im not sure if the dinner of choice will be crow on friday night or not but to say the JC will handle Belfry easily is a little far fetched. I'll stand by my prediction of JC winning 27-21 and if that includes an "education" then at least it will be beneficial to the Pirates.

FYI I do not smokeBig Grin I know they are in diffrent classses the last mountian poll I saw Belfry was ranked ahead of JC.

MY PREDICTION was JC by a TD so how was that ridiculous??????????? And the EDUCATION will be the hardknocks that Belfry has not had due to their extremley soft schedule they have enjoyed this season. Belfry will make a game of it.

And these post help build up the game if YOU can not post in them with out putting someone down I would suggest you quit posting in them all together.

I am not afraid to eat crow it isn't bad once you get past the feathers.Big Grin
wooderson Wrote:May I ask what you are smoking? In what poll is/can Belfry be ranked ahead of JC? They are in different classes? And if Im not mistaken JC is ranked ahead of Belfry in the mountain top 10. Like I said earlier, this is exactly the same kind of posts we read before last years game so these ridiculous predictions are unwarranted. Belfry has has gotten an "education" in "hardknocks" before but to say this will happen friday night is a little puzzling. Im not sure if the dinner of choice will be crow on friday night or not but to say the JC will handle Belfry easily is a little far fetched. I'll stand by my prediction of JC winning 27-21 and if that includes an "education" then at least it will be beneficial to the Pirates.

Agree with this post and your other one about people making outrageous predictions. You must understand that most of these posters are people that probably wouldn't have attended a game a few years back when JC was mediocre or below as a football team. It is always easy to root for a winner and get overly optimistic. If JC beats Belfry you will probably see a fair amount of posts predicting a blowout of Highlands if that game comes about.

Anyway, Calpreps predicts a score of JC 41, Belfry 24.
How is Predicting JC by a TD RIDICULOUS?
ok here we go belfry, who have they played this year,no one .so now come on down to the nest,and and see what a real football team looks like,welcome.
Aren't you the same individual that stated "I feel sorry for Belfry" on the JC/Ashland thread? This comment hardly sounds like someone who really believes JC will only win by a touchdown. In other words, your score contradicts your typing.
High scoring game here. I will take Belfry
49 to 42.
P4PChamp Wrote:Aren't you the same individual that stated "I feel sorry for Belfry" on the JC/Ashland thread? This comment hardly sounds like someone who really believes JC will only win by a touchdown. In other words, your score contradicts your typing.

Go back in this thread and look at the score I posted.
I DIDN'T mean that in terms of score I meant that JC is a tough pysical team.

SO PLEASE DO NOT SAY WHAT I MEAN WHEN YOU DO NOT OK.
kybaseball Wrote:JC 28
Belfry 21

Ryne your right if Belfry wins this game the Red Devils are in a world of hurt.

Here is my prediction from yesterday I do not see anyplace where i said it would be a blowout.:confused: :confused:

No offense but some of you Belfry fans need to loosen up a little.Big Grin Some of you go balastic if someone has an opinion that goes against yours. You have a great football program and you can't be the best every year.:igiveup:
Sure, I get it now, and turn of the cap locks. I can read lower case letters just fine.
I Like All Caps. IT GETS PEOPLES ATTENTION.Big Grin
I've been reading some of this stuff and I can tell you now that JC wins this easily by a solid 2 td.s Gonna be a long night for some of the Belfry fans.
belfry 20
J.C 14
Belfry gonna be darn lucky to put points on the board, let alone score 20. It ain't happening this year. You can bet your bottom dollar on that on.
Kayaker Wrote:First of all, Last year was Last year. It will have no reflection on this years game.

Johnson Central has played in close games against good competition, Belfry's lone close game was at Lawrence Co., a team that usually plays competitive with the Pirates. JC has also beaten good teams like Breathitt Co. @ Breathitt, Woodford Co. @ Woodford, Hazard, and Ashland @ Ashland. This team is not like teams of the past, they have followed along the trend of Belfry and what I mean is they have continued to get better game after game. This game IMO will by no means be a blow out, but for the Pirates to assume that just because of last years results, we should see the same, is absurd. How many of you ASSUMED last year that you would defeat Lou. Central by a heafty maring largely in part of because of there matchup with JC. More than I think would care to say.

For the person who wanted to know whats different about this years JC team from last year I will give you 3 things:

1. Senior Leadership in the right places.
2. A dominant offensive line.
3. The most depth overall Coach Matney has ever had.

We all know that it is all about this year and only this year. I don’t see much of a difference in Belfry 2007 and 2008. Defense may have a few question marks which may be answered this weekend. I do see an improved Johnson Central team; therefore, making it a much better match-up without the excuses from last year. This game should be in my opinion a very good game for both teams. I agree that Lawrence County plays Belfry good most games. I also agree that Johnson Central has played a much better schedule this year. You stated, “for the Pirates to assume that just because of last years results, we should see the same, is absurd.” I for one do not feel as if it will be the same and should be noted by my score prediction. I would in no way pick Belfry as a two touchdown winner over Johnson Central and only have them wining by four points this year. I hope that Johnson Central doesn’t get the big head and over look this Belfry team. They will be ready to play. I thought that Belfry would have beaten Central last year but not by a big margin with the Johnson Central / Central game factored in to the game thoughts. Belfry had chances in that game and things didn’t go our way which is part of football. That was a good state championship game in 3A last year. I am very proud of what the 2007 Belfry team was able to accomplish. It is an honor to make it to a state championship game win or lose. A win is always better. The factors that you mention do make this game more evenly matched. The one that could be the big factor is the depth, but I would hope that would be the case anytime playing a team two classes above you.
:igiveup:
eagles in a close one.
No Doubts here...It will be closer than last year, but you can bet your bottom dollar BELFRY comes to play the pigskin! (and this Matney knows...once a PIRATE ALWAYS A PIRATE...red runs deep..ask him..he knows...speaking as a family friend) I am not concerned at all with our lines on both sides of the ball. Yes it might take our defensive line a play or two to warm up, they are still SMOKIN' As for our offensive line...These guys are like "a band of brothers" and those holes WILL open...the PASS PROTECTION is there. I agree that BELFRY's schedule has been somewhat soft, but I dont see how you can say that a big 5A team like Central has a tougher one...For instance they beat Breathitt (right)...so what! This is a team that was beaten by P'Burg and P'Burg barely pulled out the Shelby Valley Game win..No disrespect intended, but let's be serious folks...Stop the bad mouthing and play the game on the field...lol...These boys work hard! (Both Central and Belfry) Give them the credit that's due and allow them to play the game on the field not this thread!
Belfry 49 Central 35GO BUCS! See ya at the NEST!
"just wondering where the big difference between the 2 from last year."

Casey Brown, Ryan Harlow, and Jeff Wolford.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:"just wondering where the big difference between the 2 from last year."

Casey Brown, Ryan Harlow, and Jeff Wolford.

I personally would have loved to have seen what this group could have done this year had they played last year. Not to mention Jeremy Bratton.
~Pirates Pack a Punch~ Wrote: I agree that BELFRY's schedule has been somewhat soft, but I dont see how you can say that a big 5A team like Central has a tougher one...For instance they beat Breathitt (right)...so what! This is a team that was beaten by P'Burg and P'Burg barely pulled out the Shelby Valley Game win..

So thats how your determine a teams strength of schedule. You like comparison of scores, let me throw one at ya. Belfry beat LC 20-13(right), LC got smacked 43-0 by Rowan Co. Doesnt look to good for the Pirates in your analogy now does it. I agree the game will be close, but dont try to pretend the Pirates have played a schedule anywhere close to what JC has.
This one's gonna be a very physical game. I'll take the Eagles, 31-10
Belfry is going to come away with this one.
34-27
ryanparker Wrote:Johnson Central destroyed a good Ashland team tonight. All I can say is if Belfry beats them, then Russell could be in for a long cold night in Belfry on Nov 21.

I agree.
BelfryJustice Wrote:The poll appears to be getting a little closer in this one!
The pole is gettting closer because they're more Belfry fans who are on here than JC fans.
Boyz and girlz, JC is going to wear Belfry out. Ya'll can say what you want but this game isn't going to be close.
Johnson Central 35
Belfry 31

Lets go johnson central
Kayaker Wrote:So thats how your determine a teams strength of schedule. You like comparison of scores, let me throw one at ya. Belfry beat LC 20-13(right), LC got smacked 43-0 by Rowan Co. Doesnt look to good for the Pirates in your analogy now does it. I agree the game will be close, but dont try to pretend the Pirates have played a schedule anywhere close to what JC has.
yea..the Lawrence County game was an experience. I will agree with ya on this analogy but Central is a 5 A team with the ability to play a much tougher schedule also. Btw...I was just thinking...where did Jim Matney come from...BELFRY and although raised in Mc Creary County...where is Ryan Harlow's roots?...BELFRY...kinda neat huh? I am a family friend of both. I grew up with Jim and Bobby (Ryan's Dad) Just nice to see the tradition continuing...even though they are Coach Roddy's prodigies..Good luck to both teams (Injury free) I do think that the Lawrence County game was early in the year and it took our Sophmores some time to get insync with the other players and for those players to gain the trust in each other.:letsparty
Kayaker Wrote:So thats how your determine a teams strength of schedule. You like comparison of scores, let me throw one at ya. Belfry beat LC 20-13(right), LC got smacked 43-0 by Rowan Co. Doesnt look to good for the Pirates in your analogy now does it. I agree the game will be close, but dont try to pretend the Pirates have played a schedule anywhere close to what JC has.
BTW...How does your analogy apply to this scenerio?
~Pirates Pack a Punch~ Wrote:BTW...How does your analogy apply to this scenerio?

My analogy applies to this scenerio because you where trying to discredit JC's win over Breathitt by saying P-burg beat them and P-burg narrowly escaped with Shelby Vallyey. Read your previous post. I was merely saying a comparison of scores is never a good indicator of where at team is at. Thus, I gave the Belfry vs LC, then LC vs Rowan comparison. By the way JC's win over Breathitt was in Week one just like Belfry's win over LC was in Week 3 I believe.
Belfry isnt the team they were last year, and JC is better than they were last year.

JC by 3 TD's
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13