Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Belfry @ Johnson Central
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Diogenes Wrote:Allow me to be the first to welcome the Pirates to the Nest.

This year, you will get a healthy Central team, unlike last year, and a team without distractions, unlike last year's controversy.

This year, you will get to experience OUR home field advantage.

This year, Dustin May is not around to make every single play on both sides of the ball like last year.

This is NOT the same Central team as last year. This team's mental toughness is off the charts. They don't fold under pressure. They rise up to it.

This year, Central beats Belfry for the first time ever on the football field.

Johnson Central 27, Belfry 14.

GO EAGLES!

Your right about belfry not not having Dustin May but football isnt won with one guy and belfry still has power house Ivan Lee so im gonna say the pirates win this one 42-28
Johnson Central 28
Belfry 7
From most of the posts made Coach Haywood and his boys should just stay home this coming Friday night and let Johnson Central celebrate a victory without even playing a football game. Big Grin

This sounds alot like last year when Central came to Belfry and got beat. Central has a very good ball team and so does Belfry. Say what you want Coach Haywood will have his Pirates ready to play come Friday and Central will not blow Belfry out. The Pirates will take away the outside run from the Golden Eagles and show Eastern Kentucky who is still King of the Mountain around Eastern Kentucky.

There is no home field advantage when you play the Belfry Pirates. Ask Sheldon Clark, Mboro, Erlanger, Russell and Somerset to just name a few. The Angry Red Nation will be their Friday night to cheer on the Pirates and I can just about bet they will equal if not outnumber the Central fans on their own turf.

You can say what you want, this is all about opinions from fans and players of the past. Belfry is still Belfry and they don't have the #1 ranking in class 3A for nothing. Central is going to have a battle on their hands this week and in the end, IMO, get handed their first loss of the season.

GO BIG RED!!!:redboxer: :redboxer: :redboxer:
MatneysManiac Wrote:Okay guys, WE have played all season week by week but im so happy this one is finally here, i disagree with the statement that JC has in the back of their mind we're 0-23 against belfry. This is a new year and anyone who knows football knows that the past years is good for bragging rights but means nothing when predicting a score for this game. Congrats to Belfry on also being 9-0 and district champs. This is gonna be a heck of a ballgame and im not even going to make a prediction. All i can say is THE NEST is going to be packed, both teams are gonna be prepared for this game and our 12th man is gonna be rockin the stands
GO EAGLES

Just remember you might just see the 12th man for the Pirates. They tend to travel in large groups when attending any away games. The 12th man theory is bogus for any team when they are playing Belfry, usually they bring as many if not more fans to away games.
If I didnt know any better I would honestly believe I had invented a time machine and went back one year to the last time Belfry/Johnson Central played. Ive read at least 10-15 posts saying JC will win on average of 42-14. It sounds almost identical to last years pre-game predictions. I will say that JC is somewhat better than Belfry up to this point and SHOULD win this game by 7-10 points but for some on here to make such ridiculous predictions is being purely biased. Take for instance the Russell fans who for the most part are predicting a JC blowout and "it will be like the Ashland game". Show some sense!!! Ashland is no where close to Belfry at this stage in programs. Take off your maroon colored sunglasses and give the Pirates some respect. Hoping for an embarrassing Pirate loss will not help you when you visit Belfry in 2 weeks. Now why is it that JC's fans seem to predominately think this game will be that big of a turn around from last years game. I know, I know JC is just that much better than last year? How so, what magic bean has Matney found? Granted JC is very very good but at this same time last year most were thinking the same thing and most were also very unsure of just how good Belfry was. JC isnt world beaters just as Belfy isnt just "some team" you will be playing this friday night. This team can play and has yet to reach its full potential. Friday night may just be the coming out party for these Pirates but it just as well could be the trademark win the Eagles need to move their program to the next level. Im just saying to predict such lopsided scores is either naive, being a homer or plain failure to understand that games like this most always create a tough down to the wire finish.

Prediction

Johnson Central 27
Belfry 21
wooderson Wrote:If I didnt know any better I would honestly believe I had invented a time machine and went back one year to the last time Belfry/Johnson Central played. Ive read at least 10-15 posts saying JC will win on average of 42-14. It sounds almost identical to last years pre-game predictions. I will say that JC is somewhat better than Belfry up to this point and SHOULD win this game by 7-10 points but for some on here to make such ridiculous predictions is being purely biased. Take for instance the Russell fans who for the most part are predicting a JC blowout and "it will be like the Ashland game". Show some sense!!! Ashland is no where close to Belfry at this stage in programs. Take off your maroon colored sunglasses and give the Pirates some respect. Hoping for an embarrassing Pirate loss will not help you when you visit Belfry in 2 weeks. Now why is it that JC's fans seem to predominately think this game will be that big of a turn around from last years game. I know, I know JC is just that much better than last year? How so, what magic bean has Matney found? Granted JC is very very good but at this same time last year most were thinking the same thing and most were also very unsure of just how good Belfry was. JC isnt world beaters just as Belfy isnt just "some team" you will be playing this friday night. This team can play and has yet to reach its full potential. Friday night may just be the coming out party for these Pirates but it just as well could be the trademark win the Eagles need to move their program to the next level. Im just saying to predict such lopsided scores is either naive, being a homer or plain failure to understand that games like this most always create a tough down to the wire finish.

Prediction

Johnson Central 27
Belfry 21

excellent post my friend..
This game will truly be the game of the week, and or year. Lol I cant wait. Just 6 short days until the atmosphere is set, for a good ol game of football. This will indeed be a barnburner of the two EKY powerhouses. Just searched on MaxPreps this morning. JC is #1 in the Nation for rushing yards. That is incredbile, congratulations to JC and coach Jim Matney on their accomplishment and hope to see everyone at the game on Friday night.
belfry
JC
Jc 35 belfry 14 JC is way to much for belfry to handle.:rockon:
IMO, Belfry will have Major trouble stopping JC's High powered offence, the defence of belfry is to weak,We saw that last night with east carter. JC's defence looks like Belfry's from last year,AWSOME,but Even better!!!! I say the score will be: 42-21 Johnson central!
The poll appears to be getting a little closer in this one!
sc74 Wrote:Jc 35 belfry 14 JC is way to much for belfry to handle.:rockon:

I guess we can hope your prediction trend continues!!! Let's see, you picked SC over Bell Co. 26-20 and SC over Belfry 35-24.Big Grin
madmann1 Wrote:IMO, Belfry will have Major trouble stopping JC's High powered offence, the defence of belfry is to weak,We saw that last night with east carter. JC's defence looks like Belfry's from last year,AWSOME,but Even better!!!! I say the score will be: 42-21 Johnson central!

Please explain more. I just don’t see it the same way. The East Carter game was 48-0 Belfry at one point. How does that show that Belfry’s Defense is weak? From what I understand East Carter scores the last play of the game with a lot of young guys on the field. Rolleyes
madmann1 Wrote:IMO, Belfry will have Major trouble stopping JC's High powered offence, the defence of belfry is to weak,We saw that last night with east carter. JC's defence looks like Belfry's from last year,AWSOME,but Even better!!!! I say the score will be: 42-21 Johnson central!

JC's defense "awesome" and "even better" than the '07 Belfry D? I'll give you the former, they have been extremely good but as for the latter, I'll reserve my feelings on being better than Belfry's after a few rounds of the playoffs.

So you think Belfry's D should have looked better against East Carter? Probably so but keep in mind it was East Carter and the atmosphere will be much better come friday and this defense will/should have a different mentality. The key to this game is without a doubt the O-line of the Pirates. They have really meshed after some early season changes that have no doubt been for the better. If they can put together 2-3 long time consuming drives they can when this game but too many 3 and outs will spell disaster on both sides of the ball.
BelfryJustice Wrote:Please explain more. I just don’t see it the same way. The East Carter game was 48-0 Belfry at one point. How does that show that Belfry’s Defense is weak? From what I understand East Carter scores the last play of the game with a lot of young guys on the field. Rolleyes
Don't think East Carter is that good of a measuring stick. First of all they are 3A and very week in that class. JC, is undefeated in 5A ......well, I guess seeing is believing. GOOD LUCK BELFRY!!!
sc74 Wrote:Jc 35 belfry 14 JC is way to much for belfry to handle.:rockon:

so if JC is 3 TD's better than Belfry.. that'd make JC 7 TD's better than SC.. huh?.. lol wouldn't be a little bit of jealous blood now would it? Big Grin
mrfootball03 Wrote:so if JC is 3 TD's better than Belfry.. that'd make JC 7 TD's better than SC.. huh?.. lol wouldn't be a little bit of jealous blood now would it? Big Grin
UHM sure.....I think this thread is starting to remind me of the SC thread when they played JC.....This will be a reality check for Belfry. Hope I am wrong but I don't think they have what it takes to play them. The fan base is awesome. But the ability just won't make it. Belfry hasn't had a real game as of yet. Hopefully, this will awaken the sleeping giant in the Pirates and they will go far in the playoffs.
Us Kentucky folks love football and it shows with these two teams. I'm hoping for two things out of this game.
1. JC wins
2. Everyone from both teams stay injury free.
They say you have to have heart to win ballgames such as this one and from what I have seen from JC is that their heart just keeps getting bigger and bigger every year.
JC knows that Belfry has a very good ball team and they DO respect the Pirates. I'm thinking after this game Friday night the Pirates will respect the Eagles. Both teams have a very bright future ahead of them, with that being said Good Luck Eagles!!! Pirates..Welcome to the Nest!!!:welcome:

East Carter scored on the JV (6 points)... I don't know what game you watched BUT it evidently wasn't the one I was at!!
wooderson Wrote:JC's defense "awesome" and "even better" than the '07 Belfry D? I'll give you the former, they have been extremely good but as for the latter, I'll reserve my feelings on being better than Belfry's after a few rounds of the playoffs.

So you think Belfry's D should have looked better against East Carter? Probably so but keep in mind it was East Carter and the atmosphere will be much better come friday and this defense will/should have a different mentality. The key to this game is without a doubt the O-line of the Pirates. They have really meshed after some early season changes that have no doubt been for the better. If they can put together 2-3 long time consuming drives they can when this game but too many 3 and outs will spell disaster on both sides of the ball.

Everyone knows that this team has played noone like last years team did. So you have nothing to compare to, until next friday!! At first east carter looked good against belfry's "D" if they had scored and got some confidence, it might have looked worse. But we shall see friday. Good luck Belfry!!!
madmann1 Wrote:Everyone knows that this team has played noone like last years team did. So you have nothing to compare to, until next friday!! At first east carter looked good against belfry's "D" if they had scored and got some confidence, it might have looked worse. But we shall see friday. Good luck Belfry!!!

East Carter scored on the LAST play of the game on the freshman and JV.... That tells you NOTHING of the starting defense.... Geez....
Come on now, does any of this matter? The teams will give it their all on Friday night and it will be a great game to watch because both are quality football teams and both always bring a lot of intensity. As a fan of football, not just one team, I see games like this as very enjoyable.
First of all, Last year was Last year. It will have no reflection on this years game.

Johnson Central has played in close games against good competition, Belfry's lone close game was at Lawrence Co., a team that usually plays competitive with the Pirates. JC has also beaten good teams like Breathitt Co. @ Breathitt, Woodford Co. @ Woodford, Hazard, and Ashland @ Ashland. This team is not like teams of the past, they have followed along the trend of Belfry and what I mean is they have continued to get better game after game. This game IMO will by no means be a blow out, but for the Pirates to assume that just because of last years results, we should see the same, is absurd. How many of you ASSUMED last year that you would defeat Lou. Central by a heafty maring largely in part of because of there matchup with JC. More than I think would care to say.

For the person who wanted to know whats different about this years JC team from last year I will give you 3 things:

1. Senior Leadership in the right places.
2. A dominant offensive line.
3. The most depth overall Coach Matney has ever had.
Kayaker Wrote:First of all, Last year was Last year. It will have no reflection on this years game.

Johnson Central has played in close games against good competition, Belfry's lone close game was at Lawrence Co., a team that usually plays competitive with the Pirates. JC has also beaten good teams like Breathitt Co. @ Breathitt, Woodford Co. @ Woodford, Hazard, and Ashland @ Ashland. This team is not like teams of the past, they have followed along the trend of Belfry and what I mean is they have continued to get better game after game. This game IMO will by no means be a blow out, but for the Pirates to assume that just because of last years results, we should see the same, is absurd. How many of you ASSUMED last year that you would defeat Lou. Central by a heafty maring largely in part of because of there matchup with JC. More than I think would care to say.

For the person who wanted to know whats different about this years JC team from last year I will give you 3 things:

1. Senior Leadership in the right places.
2. A dominant offensive line.
3. The most depth overall Coach Matney has ever had.

I don't think anyone is ASSUMING anything based on last years game. This is a different year, different teams, and different game! The pirates will be ready as I am sure JC will be as well.

Go Pirates!!!!
First of all Belfry should not be ranked ahead of JC. JC. has played a lot tougher schedule than Belfry. No knock on Belfry but that is the way it is.

Belfry will get a education in hardknocks this coming Friday.
kybaseball Wrote:First of all Belfry should not be ranked ahead of JC. JC. has played a lot tougher schedule than Belfry. No knock on Belfry but that is the way it is.

Belfry will get a education in hardknocks this coming Friday.

May I ask what you are smoking? In what poll is/can Belfry be ranked ahead of JC? They are in different classes? And if Im not mistaken JC is ranked ahead of Belfry in the mountain top 10. Like I said earlier, this is exactly the same kind of posts we read before last years game so these ridiculous predictions are unwarranted. Belfry has has gotten an "education" in "hardknocks" before but to say this will happen friday night is a little puzzling. Im not sure if the dinner of choice will be crow on friday night or not but to say the JC will handle Belfry easily is a little far fetched. I'll stand by my prediction of JC winning 27-21 and if that includes an "education" then at least it will be beneficial to the Pirates.
phs1986 Wrote:East Carter scored on the LAST play of the game on the freshman and JV.... That tells you NOTHING of the starting defense.... Geez....

When east carter started out, belfry's "D" could not hold up! EC had multiple times on offense, that Belfry's "D" could'nt hold the line!!! I dont think that Belfry can handle The explosive Power opf JC!!!!
madmann1 Wrote:Everyone knows that this team has played noone like last years team did. So you have nothing to compare to, until next friday!! At first east carter looked good against belfry's "D" if they had scored and got some confidence, it might have looked worse. But we shall see friday. Good luck Belfry!!!

With the exception of a less than great '07 Corbin team what part of last years schedule is deemed harder than this years? Remember the majority of "experts" werent sold on the greatness of the '07 Belfry team until after the JC game. Time after time you find ways to badmouth this Belfry team and it seems like you have a real hatred for the program at this point, underlying resentment that i dont think you had at this time last year.Wink
madmann1 Wrote:When east carter started out, belfry's "D" could not hold up! EC had multiple times on offense, that Belfry's "D" could'nt hold the line!!! I dont think that Belfry can handle The explosive Power opf JC!!!!

Again, same point, different member but one year later. "Belfry cant handle the JC offense", "JC's line will dominate Belfry's", "Coach Matney will pull out all stops in this game". Ive heard them before and Im sure I'll hear them again but MANY MANY people may be shocked at the final score in this one. Belfry will hang in there the whole game and have a chance to pull the upset. Will they? I think not. Can they? Yes.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13