Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Belfry @ Johnson Central
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
ukfanatic_37 Wrote:But Belfry possesses something that Johnson Central has never had........................THE LEGEND, THE ONE AND ONLY.....................PHILIP HAYWOOD!!!!!!

Nobody can compete with that, but best of luck I can't wait to see this game next week. GO BELFRY PIRATES!!!!!!:rockon: :devilflam

Thanks for the tip. I can stay home and rest NOT!

GO EAGLES !!!
well one day I believe Jim Matney will come home.. Wink
J.C. 42 Belfry 18 . J.C. is much better than last year. Dont think Belfry is close to what they had in years past.
mrfootball03 Wrote:well one day I believe Jim Matney will come home.. Wink

Jim Matney is home in Johnson County. A first class school district, a student body and a comunity that love him. I dont think he will be going anywhere:dontthink
Belfry-21
Johnson Central-14
This is a huge test for both teams. Belfry is a solid team who will come to play week in and week out every game under the guidance of Haywood. We also respect the Eagles and the coach that is currently guiding them. Johnson Central knows that this has been marked as a test for them on their schedule most of the year as well. I am looking for a great ballgame with the potential for anything to happen. A dear friend of mine has a son who plays for Johnson Central and I have pulled for them all year; however, they will become the enemy this week (hello Harlow Family). I do hope that both teams are able to learn and correct needed areas exposed while allowing them to implement changes prior to entering the playoffs. Haywood knows how to prepare for this game and will be ready for the battle. Haywood has two things in his favor with this match-up in my opinion. He knows Matney’s style and has had the opportunity to coach against him many times with positive success. I also feel as if this Johnson Central team has in the back of their minds that they are 0-23 head to head with Belfry. That may be a mental distraction that leads to over pursuing and mistakes much like last year’s game; however, this could be the driving force that moves Johnson Central with a win over a pretty good Belfry football team. I will load up and make the six hour trip from Virginia for this game. Eastern Kentucky is in for a dandy one! I hope that everyone stays healthy and plays with a great deal of sportsmanship that demonstrates what Eastern Kentucky Football is all about. With all that being said, I will now pick Belfry as the victory in this game by a close score.

Belfry – 28
Johnson Central – 24 TongueirateSho
JC wins this game by 3 scores... Belfry has tradition however they do not have the strong line that JC has on both sides of the ball.
JC wins by two td's if not more. Belfry will not be able to run on the defense, and I don't think that Belfry can stop Jc's Offense. Belfry is a good team just not as good as usual. Both should go far in the playoffs, good luck to both.
slingblade93 Wrote:JC wins by two td's if not more. Belfry will not be able to run on the defense, and I don't think that Belfry can stop Jc's Offense. Belfry is a good team just not as good as usual. Both should go far in the playoffs, good luck to both.

I disagree with the defense comment. Johnson Central is giving up an average of 19 (18.66666) points per game. Belfry will use up the clock if they are not able to stop the Pirates; therefore, making this a lower scoring game than most on here have predicted. I think Belfry’s defense may be the question mark as well coming into this game.
:mad:
BelfryJustice Wrote:I disagree with the defense comment. Johnson Central is giving up an average of 19 (18.66666) points per game. Belfry will use up the clock if they are not able to stop the Pirates; therefore, making this a lower scoring game than most on here have predicted. I think Belfry’s defense may be the question mark as well coming into this game.
:mad:
Yeah, but probably 12 points of that average per game has been given up by the subs. A lot of games, the starters never play more than 2-3 quarters.

Stats can be deceiving.
They might be giving up 19 points a game, but how may are they scoring? Last time I checked they were leading the state in rushing with 406 ypg. Belfry's defense, from what I have seen is also suspect against the pass, and Central can throw if need be.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Yeah, but probably 12 points of that average per game has been given up by the subs. A lot of games, the starters never play more than 2-3 quarters.

Stats can be deceiving.

Very good post, starters usually out when the others scored.
Memorial Gym #5 Wrote:Sounds like WYMT should show the game on TV!! I would watch!!

Why would a TV station air a regular season game, that has no playoff implications? Who would sponsor this game on TV.......Do teams have Business who normally support them? If so you never know...
slingblade93 Wrote:They might be giving up 19 points a game, but how may are they scoring? Last time I checked they were leading the state in rushing with 406 ypg. Belfry's defense, from what I have seen is also suspect against the pass, and Central can throw if need be.

Johnson Central is averaging 46 points a game in 2008. They were averaging 41 points a game in 2007 after nine games yet only scored 14 on Belfry. Most of Belfry’s points are the same late in the game. This is going to be a great match-up and I think that we are hearing some of the same comments as were said last year. Belfry better be the focus of the Eagles this week or it could end up as a repeat of last year. I also said that Belfry's D might be a big question mark. I know that Matney scores a lot of points with his offense design and has always; however, he has struggled in the past with putting up the same huge numbers when it comes to the Belfry games. :yikes:
J.c. By 7!!!
BelfryJustice Wrote:Johnson Central is averaging 46 points a game in 2008. They were averaging 41 points a game in 2007 yet only scores 14 on Belfry. Most of Belfry’s points are the same late in the game. This is gone to be a great match-up and I think that we are hearing some of the same comments as were said last year. Belfry better be the focus of the Eagles this week or it could end up as a repeat of last year. I also said that Belfry's D might be a big question mark. I know that Matney scores a lot of points with his offense design and has always; however, he has struggled in the past with putting up the same huge numbers when it comes to the Belfry games. :yikes:

No one can argue with the fact that Coach Haywood has Mr. Matney's number. Kinda like Obe wan Kenobe verses Young Luke Skywalker.
imo i think jc by 7
Belfry - 37
JC - 35
can someone from jc tell me,who is new from this years team,you guys lost a few belfry lost a few,belfry has the same line but one,so why all the sudden,they are going to beat belfry by 2-3 touchdowns?i am coming up from tn to watch this one..if you guys win then hats off,just wondering where the big difference between the 2 from last year..
Okay guys, WE have played all season week by week but im so happy this one is finally here, i disagree with the statement that JC has in the back of their mind we're 0-23 against belfry. This is a new year and anyone who knows football knows that the past years is good for bragging rights but means nothing when predicting a score for this game. Congrats to Belfry on also being 9-0 and district champs. This is gonna be a heck of a ballgame and im not even going to make a prediction. All i can say is THE NEST is going to be packed, both teams are gonna be prepared for this game and our 12th man is gonna be rockin the stands
GO EAGLES
cuppett777 Wrote:can someone from jc tell me,who is new from this years team,you guys lost a few belfry lost a few,belfry has the same line but one,so why all the sudden,they are going to beat belfry by 2-3 touchdowns?i am coming up from tn to watch this one..if you guys win then hats off,just wondering where the big difference between the 2 from last year..

Well, its a new year Cuppett, i wish everyone would stop digging up bones and focus on this year. last year and every other year for that matter is out the door, this year is what matters now and you need to wake up, you're not in CAM anymore, welcome to the NEST, Enjoy the game, this one has potential to be talked about for many years to come, good luck to both teams, and i hope you guys are well prepared, because we're ready for a WAR
JCHS is just to much for Belfry. Belfry is good but JCHS is on a mission this year to take home the hardware. JCHS-28 Belfry-17
my ? is still not answered,this i know i a new year,so what makes the diff besides its a new year?or u trying to go by the schedule?which that dont matter either,i know mantey wants this game bad...jc may do it this year but i just wanted to know the diff besides it beening i new year and no one from jc can prove anything...i hope guys win in your class,belfry in theres,p-burg in theres..go PIRATES
I think Belfry is in for a real test. Johnson Central is out of thier league. Belfry just doesn't have the ability to hang this year. This will be a repeat of the Ashland game. Good luck to both teams.

JC - 42
Belfry - 14
cuppett777 Wrote:my ? is still not answered,this i know i a new year,so what makes the diff besides its a new year?or u trying to go by the schedule?which that dont matter either,i know mantey wants this game bad...jc may do it this year but i just wanted to know the diff besides it beening i new year and no one from jc can prove anything...i hope guys win in your class,belfry in theres,p-burg in theres..go PIRATES

The difference is in the O-Line. In 07 JC had to replace 4 starting linemen on offense and this year that is are strength. Also the distraction that was there before last years game is not there either.No excuses for last year, ( ding ding round 2). I respect the pirates and also routed for you guys 9 games, But you know what time it is. good luck after this game. lol.

What I mean is round two for Matney at JC against belfry.
C.Clair Wrote:JCHS is just to much for Belfry. Belfry is good but JCHS is on a mission this year to take home the hardware. JCHS-28 Belfry-17

as for hardware, i hope you arent talking state titles.. but i'm sorry.. JC may take Belfry, but they can't handle Highlands... sorry
Is it Friday yet! I am going to die waiting for Friday. GOTW GOTW GOTW! :flame: TongueirateSho
mrfootball03 Wrote:as for hardware, i hope you arent talking state titles.. but i'm sorry.. JC may take Belfry, but they can't handle Highlands... sorry

Highlands is great football team, No doubt. Let me say they put their pants on the same way we do, one leg at a time. Everyone says that JC has no chance, well I say that's why we play the game and that game is at the nest. Belfry will feel the power of the nest this week end. enjoy! Also want to add that this is off topic and JC focus this week in not on Highlands it's the Pirates.
MatneysManiac Wrote:Okay guys, WE have played all season week by week but im so happy this one is finally here, i disagree with the statement that JC has in the back of their mind we're 0-23 against belfry. This is a new year and anyone who knows football knows that the past years is good for bragging rights but means nothing when predicting a score for this game. Congrats to Belfry on also being 9-0 and district champs. This is gonna be a heck of a ballgame and im not even going to make a prediction. All i can say is THE NEST is going to be packed, both teams are gonna be prepared for this game and our 12th man is gonna be rockin the stands
GO EAGLES

If you read my post carefully you would see that I gave both scenarios and not just one side as your post suggest. This will be a great game. The best team will walk away with the perfect season going into the next season (playoffs). This year is the important one and should be the main focus of this thread. I only wanted to point out some of the similarities from this year and last due to some of the excuses that were given earlier about last year’s game. The 12th man will travel with the Pirates as well and I expect a huge crowd for this ballgame!
Cool
JC's offense if just to powerful. every aspesct of football was there last night when they beat a pretty good ashland team i went to that game and trust me if jc plays like they did last night they will be takin home some hardware... as for Belfry@JCHS
Belfry-14
JCHS-35
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13