Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Belfry @ Johnson Central
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Lets add a little substance, shall we:

3 KEYS TO VICTORY

BELFRY

1. If you ain't first, you're last- Belfry has got to be effective on first down. Belfry's passing game is not horrible, but the key to Pirate victory comes in their ability to set themselves up to use their full playbook on 2nd and Manageable situations. 2nd and 6 gives you a whole lot more options than 2nd and 8. 2nd and longs lead to 3rd and longs, 3rd and longs lead to the end of a drive or a turnover. End of drives and turnovers lead to defeat.

2. Be A State Champion- Friday will be electric, probably the wildest environment for a regular season game in the mountains for a long time. Everyone has fairly made the case of Belfry's weak schedule, but one simple truth remains. A large portion of Belfry's teams have played in games just as big if not bigger than this. Johnson Central's players have not. If Belfry can keep their composure and avoid silly penalties and miscues caused by lack of concentration (fumbles, dropped passes) then they can position themselves nicely to put the pressure on JC, a team unproven in this environment.

3. What Would Matney Do?- This game will be determined by who can drive the football and who can play defense best, but this game will ultimately be defined by who can make the big play. Haywood will not overcoach, but this will be a game where it will be necessary to take calculated risks that Ji Matney typically thrives on. A play action pass here, a blitz there, a 4th and 1 try..etc... momentum will be key and nothing can swing it like the big play (or the failure of the big play)

JC

1. Have the Eagle Eye- No distractions, do not get caught in the emotion, play loose, and the ability to not get fooled by Belfry's playfakes all fall in this category. JC has to make sure they do not come out TOO pumped for this game or they will see a workmanlike Belfry team exploit them. Being tight negates homefield advantage, being loose amplifies it.

2. Spread Your Wings- Belfry will have the best Front 7 JC has faced all season. The Pirates are quick, strong, and disciplined. Running between the tackles over and over will have limited success. JC has got to spread Belfry horizontally and vertically. JC has a weapon in Ian Wlech that will be ahrd for Belfry to matchup with. By forcing Belfry's DB's and LB's to honor the pass they will prohibit the Pirates from stacking the box thus freeing the inside running game. Failure to effectively get outside or establish passing will directly result in Belfry having a chance to overload the JC line.

3. Golden Takeoffs- In other words the return game and special teams. Belfry is vulnerable in special teams, but last year the Pirates dominated JC in this aspect forcing bad field position and turnovers. When you are a run based team who uses 12-18 play drives, your odds of turnovers increase dramatically with the increase in plays. Thus, having to drive 60 yards is a whole lot better than driving 80 yards. JC has also got to amke sure Belfry does not pick up cheap points from their fast kick returners.
Eastern Kentucky and the rest of the Belfry doubters find out just how good this 9-0 Pirate team really is after the smoke clears Firday night in Paintsville. This 2007 3A State Runners up and 14-1 team from last year will prove that they are just as good when they beat a very good Central in a close one tomorrow night.

Belfry - 33
Central - 26

GO BIG RED!!!:redboxer: :devilflam :redboxer: :devilflam
Well, earlier in the week I was leaning toward Belfry to win this game but after reading all the posts by JC fans about how good their team is my prediction is JC wins this game 300-400 to 0.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Even a "little of Belfry" may be too much for "all of Russell" Wink Smile
LOL, you Better stay focused for this friday, worry about others later. 24 hrs left y'all.
JC-28
Belfry-12
Seriously, this game means the most to Matney and the fans. It really means nothing as far as the playoffs. It is not really a big game for title purposes, it is merely a big game because everyone wants to see which team is best. Other than that it means nothing. Some of you guys make it sound like this is the game to determine the state championship. JC and Belfry are in different classes so why does it matter? It is just a game, much like the Apple Bowl, only one where the opponent might just have a chance to win. But it means nothing else!

But I'm looking forward to watching it though! lol
P4PChamp Wrote:Well, earlier in the week I was leaning toward Belfry to win this game but after reading all the posts by JC fans about how good their team is my prediction is JC wins this game 300-400 to 0.

And he said after crawling out from under the rock.Rolleyes
Let's watch the game and let the players decide which team has what it takes to win!
Hope there are no injuries for either team right before playoffs.
i see this being the mountain game of the year. but thats JMO
[quote=Kayaker]And he said after crawling out from under the rock.Rolleyes quote]

I agree.
jgrubby Wrote:LOL, you Better stay focused for this friday, worry about others later. 24 hrs left y'all.
I don't think it matters much what EKU focuses on. He ain't playing no football anytime soon. Wink
[quote=Kayaker]And he said after crawling out from under the rock.Rolleyes quote]

It was sarcastic after reading many of the posts.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Lets add a little substance, shall we:

3 KEYS TO VICTORY

BELFRY

1. If you ain't first, you're last- Belfry has got to be effective on first down. Belfry's passing game is not horrible, but the key to Pirate victory comes in their ability to set themselves up to use their full playbook on 2nd and Manageable situations. 2nd and 6 gives you a whole lot more options than 2nd and 8. 2nd and longs lead to 3rd and longs, 3rd and longs lead to the end of a drive or a turnover. End of drives and turnovers lead to defeat.

2. Be A State Champion- Friday will be electric, probably the wildest environment for a regular season game in the mountains for a long time. Everyone has fairly made the case of Belfry's weak schedule, but one simple truth remains. A large portion of Belfry's teams have played in games just as big if not bigger than this. Johnson Central's players have not. If Belfry can keep their composure and avoid silly penalties and miscues caused by lack of concentration (fumbles, dropped passes) then they can position themselves nicely to put the pressure on JC, a team unproven in this environment.

3. What Would Matney Do?- This game will be determined by who can drive the football and who can play defense best, but this game will ultimately be defined by who can make the big play. Haywood will not overcoach, but this will be a game where it will be necessary to take calculated risks that Ji Matney typically thrives on. A play action pass here, a blitz there, a 4th and 1 try..etc... momentum will be key and nothing can swing it like the big play (or the failure of the big play)

JC

1. Have the Eagle Eye- No distractions, do not get caught in the emotion, play loose, and the ability to not get fooled by Belfry's playfakes all fall in this category. JC has to make sure they do not come out TOO pumped for this game or they will see a workmanlike Belfry team exploit them. Being tight negates homefield advantage, being loose amplifies it.

2. Spread Your Wings- Belfry will have the best Front 7 JC has faced all season. The Pirates are quick, strong, and disciplined. Running between the tackles over and over will have limited success. JC has got to spread Belfry horizontally and vertically. JC has a weapon in Ian Wlech that will be ahrd for Belfry to matchup with. By forcing Belfry's DB's and LB's to honor the pass they will prohibit the Pirates from stacking the box thus freeing the inside running game. Failure to effectively get outside or establish passing will directly result in Belfry having a chance to overload the JC line.

3. Golden Takeoffs- In other words the return game and special teams. Belfry is vulnerable in special teams, but last year the Pirates dominated JC in this aspect forcing bad field position and turnovers. When you are a run based team who uses 12-18 play drives, your odds of turnovers increase dramatically with the increase in plays. Thus, having to drive 60 yards is a whole lot better than driving 80 yards. JC has also got to amke sure Belfry does not pick up cheap points from their fast kick returners.

I think these are all great points. The team that gets off to a great start will have an advantage. If one team goes up a couple of scores, will the other team get doubt in their mind, and will the play calling be affected in hopes of making a big play to get back in it? Ian Welch can also hurt teams by running the ball. IMO he could be a difference maker. Also, will Matney throw the ole halfback pass if he needs one? A lot of great points and questions. I can't wait till kickoff. Once again Belfry 27, JC 22 in a good one
wow, one more day, get ready for a war guys, this one is gonna be a slobberknocker, probably the funnest game we've ever been in, let the hard hits pop all through eagleville, good luck belfry, may the best team win this battle.
Smile LMAO!!!!!!!!!
P4PChamp Wrote:Well, earlier in the week I was leaning toward Belfry to win this game but after reading all the posts by JC fans about how good their team is my prediction is JC wins this game 300-400 to 0.
Money Maker Wrote:JC will name the score in this one. After seeing the rankings I see this game being over quick. Rolleyes

Jc-48 Belfry-0

:confused: :confused: DUDE WHAT THE CRAP ARE YOU SMOKING??? YOU SAY THAT BELFRY WON'T EVEN SCORE, LET ALONE THAT JC WILL EVEN BEAT THEM........YOU APPARENTLY KNOW ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ABOUT BELFRY FOOTBALL..............I CAN'T STOP LAUGHING.........I SO HOPE YOU GET YOUR BIG, ABSURD BUBBLE BUSTED TOMORROW NIGHT........I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THIS GAME:rockon:
I'm gonna be there for this one!!!! Can't wait!!!
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Nah.. Kentucky stayed true to form and was the very first to be decided for the incumbent actually. Wink Play the game in Virginia and you might have a shot...
LOL..I swear..u guys are a hoot, but I gotta love ya EKUALUM at least I know who has muh back...lol Less than 24 hours and this will be all over...Even with a few sick guys and an injured one or two....WE WILL BE READY!!! Trust me I know! The ANGRY RED INVASION is evident and its just a matter of hours until Johnson County will feel the intensity! Pirate fans travel with their team and we will be there in full force..We like to eat, also so ...save food at the tailgates!!!...lol
Buc-a-roo Wrote:I don't think it matters much what EKU focuses on. He ain't playing no football anytime soon. Wink

I have a kickball league every Wed., if that counts...Smile
EKUAlum05 Wrote:I have a kickball league every Wed., if that counts...Smile
Yes ole buddy I will count that! LOL
jgrubby Wrote:Yes ole buddy I will count that! LOL

HAHA Hey we are two games away from the Atlanta All-City Championship!

Dodgeball starts up in two weeks.... Big Grin
ukfanatic_37 Wrote::confused: :confused: DUDE WHAT THE CRAP ARE YOU SMOKING??? YOU SAY THAT BELFRY WON'T EVEN SCORE, LET ALONE THAT JC WILL EVEN BEAT THEM........YOU APPARENTLY KNOW ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ABOUT BELFRY FOOTBALL..............I CAN'T STOP LAUGHING.........I SO HOPE YOU GET YOUR BIG, ABSURD BUBBLE BUSTED TOMORROW NIGHT........I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THIS GAME:rockon:

You obviously have not read the posts from this guy, he is a joke and to top it off a Lawrence Co. fan too.
i will go ahead with my prediction

i will go ahead and say

belfry 34-27
jgrubby Wrote:LOL, you Better stay focused for this friday, worry about others later. 24 hrs left y'all.

Very true.
can some tell me where jc high school is at,i am from belfry just never been to the stadium,i will be leaving johnsoncity tn about 2pm,where i live now,to come waatch my pirates....
Sent ya a PM with some directions!! Drive safely!!!
This is what mapquest has!

Take US-119 S from [SIZE=4]Belfry. (18.7miles)[/SIZE]
Turn RIGHT onto US-23/ US-460/ KY-80. Continue to follow US-23 N/ US-460 W. (35.2 miles)
Take the US-460 W ramp toward KY-40/ SALYERSVILLE/ PAINTSVILLE. (0.3 miles)
Turn RIGHT onto US-460. (0.5 miles)
Turn SLIGHT RIGHT onto KY-321/ KY-40. (1.1 miles)
End at 257 N Mayo Trail Paintsville, KY 41240

TongueirateSho
Belfry is going to find out how good they are tonight. Belfry will win this one.
kybaseball Wrote:Here is my prediction from yesterday I do not see anyplace where i said it would be a blowout.:confused: :confused:

No offense but some of you Belfry fans need to loosen up a little.Big Grin Some of you go balastic if someone has an opinion that goes against yours. You have a great football program and you can't be the best every year.:igiveup:

Yeah, but most the time we are the best! Wink But from what I have read I believe this will be a GREAT game. Both teams will rock-n-fire tonight. Emotions will be in full force, hopefully neither team will lose their heads. Belfry has many weapons going into this game. They have a great running game with numerous players to keep fresh legs in there all night. The obvious powerhouses of Ivan Lee and Charlie Dotson. The defense will be going all in with Cory Coleman, Casey Whetstone, Randy Webb, and Chancey Cisco on the line. To defend the pass Andrew Elkins, Timmy Lovern, and Thomas Varney, who are all quick on their feet. Elkins and Lovern both combine for atleast 6 interceptions (not factual, estimated). But I think the Pirates can pull this one out for a win and bring it home with them to begin next weeks' playoff games at the CAM.

Belfry-28
JC-13
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13