Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Best QB in the Big Sandy Confrence in the '08 season?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Lets hear who u think was the best QB in this past season in the big sandy confrence?
Hands down I would have to say the kid from Sebastian #15. He almost beat us by himself in the Championship game. Then I would have to say the Olinger kid from Hazard if we are talking straight up talent that is. I liked the Prey kid from Perry County. I though the JC QB showed a lot of poise in the pocket and ran the offense really well. I didn't get to watch many of the small school QB's this year and I don't know what the Martin County QB was like since they FORFEITED to us. Anyway, that's my take on your question.
yeah i agree, this year the big sandy confrence had alot of good tallent.
Our little QB from Letcher County wasn't asked to throw the ball much but Coach Howard sure had a great field General with CALEB BAKER aka (Dewey). This young man really hadn't played QB before. If I'm right he had played a little slot and WR in the past, not sure because he played on the old pre-consolidation West Letcher team last year and since I am an old Whitesburg fan I didn't get to watch him that much. Coach had many players to choose from to try to replace the loss of his QB's from his team last year Caleb Baker/Logan Johnson. Yeah that's right, he has had two back to back QB's named Caleb Baker, I bet that's why he chose him, haha. Anyway, I sure did like this years version of Caleb Baker, he could control a huddle, run the ball, make the throws when he was asked to and showed great leadership qualities and I'm sure he will fit into Coach Hillard Howard's program nicely at some position in the future.

I know this much for sure. Next year will be an interesting year for Coach Terry Howard. He has a QB battle on his hands. Cody Sexton will be the front runner but an injured Sam Robinson will be returning next year to try to beat him out of that spot. I hear that Sexton wants to run tailback so that may not be much of a battle because with a little weight-room work Sexton can be one of the top runners in the conference. The kid that filled in for Sexton during the Big Sandy 7th grade tournament was really impressive at QB, but from what I've heard there is no way Howard is going to move Tyler Hall away from the Fullback position because his whole offense runs off of his fullback. Boy what a nice situation to be in, 3 quarterbacks to choose from and they all are multi-position players. By money is on Robinson (6'1, 185 or so Lefty) at QB, Hall at fullback, Sexton at tailback, WOW how about a triple option threat with any of them throwing the football to each other.

Howard may have to ditch that Old School mentality of ground and pound you to death and air the ball out a little next year with that much QB talent on the team. That is if he has got anybody to catch the ball for them. I know this would thrill the other Coach Howard (Ben) to death to see the ball being thrown at the Junior High Level. I guess we will have to see, Coach is kind of stubborn and loves to run the ball between the tackles, only time will tell.

GO COUGARS!!!!!! BIG SANDY CONFERENCE CHAMPS
I Love Consolidation, One Big Ol' Family Now.......
I agree with Lambert. Caleb Baker of LCC showed everyone his leadership abilities this year. He took a newly consolidated team and was able to get the job done. He is a great kid on and off the field which played a huge role in Letcher County Central's great season and Big Sandy Championship!!!! :Thumbs:
#8 Jarredd Jarrell for Adams was pretty impressive.
I heard that he moved to Betsy Layne.
excyter21 Wrote:#8 Jarredd Jarrell for Adams was pretty impressive.

I would definitely agree with that.
saratoga13 Wrote:I heard that he moved to Betsy Layne.
That is true. He is back a Betsy Layne.
bleedin blue Wrote:That is true. He is back a Betsy Layne.

Big loss for Blackcats and good for Bobcats, real smart on field and court. Welcome back J_ROD!!!!
what about #12 from paintsville
BoomerSosa_73 Wrote:what about #12 from paintsville

Matt Daniels, Good QB decent arm, decent speed just good all around football player
Lambert #1 Wrote:Our little QB from Letcher County wasn't asked to throw the ball much but Coach Howard sure had a great field General with CALEB BAKER aka (Dewey). This young man really hadn't played QB before. If I'm right he had played a little slot and WR in the past, not sure because he played on the old pre-consolidation West Letcher team last year and since I am an old Whitesburg fan I didn't get to watch him that much. Coach had many players to choose from to try to replace the loss of his QB's from his team last year Caleb Baker/Logan Johnson. Yeah that's right, he has had two back to back QB's named Caleb Baker, I bet that's why he chose him, haha. Anyway, I sure did like this years version of Caleb Baker, he could control a huddle, run the ball, make the throws when he was asked to and showed great leadership qualities and I'm sure he will fit into Coach Hillard Howard's program nicely at some position in the future.

I know this much for sure. Next year will be an interesting year for Coach Terry Howard. He has a QB battle on his hands. Cody Sexton will be the front runner but an injured Sam Robinson will be returning next year to try to beat him out of that spot. I hear that Sexton wants to run tailback so that may not be much of a battle because with a little weight-room work Sexton can be one of the top runners in the conference. The kid that filled in for Sexton during the Big Sandy 7th grade tournament was really impressive at QB, but from what I've heard there is no way Howard is going to move Tyler Hall away from the Fullback position because his whole offense runs off of his fullback. Boy what a nice situation to be in, 3 quarterbacks to choose from and they all are multi-position players. By money is on Robinson (6'1, 185 or so Lefty) at QB, Hall at fullback, Sexton at tailback, WOW how about a triple option threat with any of them throwing the football to each other.

Howard may have to ditch that Old School mentality of ground and pound you to death and air the ball out a little next year with that much QB talent on the team. That is if he has got anybody to catch the ball for them. I know this would thrill the other Coach Howard (Ben) to death to see the ball being thrown at the Junior High Level. I guess we will have to see, Coach is kind of stubborn and loves to run the ball between the tackles, only time will tell.

GO COUGARS!!!!!! BIG SANDY CONFERENCE CHAMPS
I Love Consolidation, One Big Ol' Family Now.......

who is coach looking at next year?
How did Austin Maggard from New Harlan compare.
East Ridge Middle school had a good quarterback come out late in the season due to a broken elbow but he really stepped up by the end of the year. He has a great arm!
#8 from adams is really good i go with him
the little number 18 QB Zach Gound for JCMS was one of the fastest QB in the conference that 8th grader is an all around athelet that yes is staying back so all you teams better watch out for JCMS in 09 they will go with out a dought and win it all they are the team to look out for
If the QB from JC does stay back they are the definite pick to win the Big Sandy Conference next season. That 7th grade team was really good and the addition of him would make them really solid. Letcher County is getting a good QB back next season that was out with a knee injury this year. His name is Sam Robinson and he's a gamer. Coach Howard will be able to spread the ball a little more next season with a good running attack to go with a really good passing game. I also like Breathitt County with their little #4 returning in their backfield. Should be a good conference again next year. I pick the Cougars to make another run at the championship though. Good luck Cougars on making it to the championship game three years in a row, well kinda, last year it was the Whitesburg team and this year it was the Cougar team but it was still Letcher County anyway.
JCMS boy Wrote:the little number 18 QB Zach Gound for JCMS was one of the fastest QB in the conference that 8th grader is an all around athelet that yes is staying back so all you teams better watch out for JCMS in 09 they will go with out a dought and win it all they are the team to look out for

Are you sure about this? I talked to his dad before Christmas, and he said Zach was not staying back. Did they change their minds? If he holds back, along with another kid that is thinking about it, They'll make a strong team even stronger. GO EAGLES!!!!
palmer Wrote:How did Austin Maggard from New Harlan compare.

Best QB New Harlan has had, Although it would be an extreme long shot I believe he could possibly start for Harlan County Next year. Although former New Harlan QB Jordy Brewer will probably win the job, he has turned into a pretty good QB himself.
I heard that Belfrys starting QB is getting held back. So I'm sure he will be better.
Pond creek nation Wrote:I heard that Belfrys starting QB is getting held back. So I'm sure he will be better.

Is he doing that poorly in school or is it a maturity issue?
barrel Wrote:Is he doing that poorly in school or is it a maturity issue?

maturity, he can be a great QB
the hamilton kid form BL is a hreat athlete, and jacob creger from SF had never played QB before this season he had a good season only threw 1 interception, and we think he may see some time for the high school next year