Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Russell 5/6th swats the Coal Grove Hornets in round 1 of the Black Bowl in Raceland
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Russell played well today and stood nose to nose with the Hornets. Hard hitting teams and very good plays on both sides of the ball. Coal Grove is physical and will always be. Russell did well on defense and held Coal grove to 21 yards of offense. Russell put up 200 total yards, 175 rushing and 26 passing. I know I have heard all year that teams improve on here,, and I agree. The Grove has improved very well this season since we last played them..... And so have we. I think the best thing about our season is playing the best we can find even if takes driving 2-3 hours to get the game. Our kids have continued to improve and develop over the season and it has shown.

I know there were thoughts about us NOT wanting to play Coal Grove, not re-scheduling another game while picking up other teams in the area... It is not to avoid playing a team but to play all the best teams... I know that basketball starts Thursday so the River Bowl would have been out for us... We played a very good Fairland team and defeated them 28-6 in the 3rd quarter. The game was called in the third quarter. Fairland was the best at the time in the TSYFL, I still think they are in the running for the Super Bowl in West Virginia.
I congratulate the Grove on beating Rock Hill yesterday in OT and that was a great game..... I wish we were back from driving down to Estill County yesterday morning to watch it... Conrats to Coal grove on winning the OVC Super Bowl.....

I love football, and I love the kids I work for. My kids dont talk smack, and just come out and play football. Thats what I love about this team, they just do their job and continue to do it very well.

I wish you guys the best on that side of the river and hope that you have a great winter. I am sure that there will be other games to play in the future..
Thanks
Offensive Stats for the game are as follows:
32-Korzep 18 carries for 80 yards- 2 TD's
2-Messer- 15 carries for 90 yards, 1 for 1 passing - 1 XP
9-May- 1 carry for 1 yard, 1 of 3 passing for 18 yards
57-Suman- 1 carry for 3 yards
27-Dixon- 2 rec. for 26 yards.

Defensive Stats for the day:
68-Sammy Smith- 6 T, 4 for loss
2-Messer- 5 T
7-Cole- 4T, 1 for loss
27 Dixon- 3 T
24-Peterman- 1 T,1 for loss
8-Robinson- 3T one for loss
57-Suman- 3 T, 1 for loss
32-Korzep- 3 T
34-Hammond- 1 T
13-Arnold- 1 T, 1 for loss
9-May- 1 T, 1 for loss

Defense held Coal Grove to 21 yards total. Coal Grove, Ohio won their OVC league Superbowl and represented Ohio very well.