Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: State-Semi predictions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
1st game
Morgan Co
vs
Bluegrass Middle

2nd game
Bell Co
VS
Grant Co

There you go final 4 teams in the playoffs with the winners playing that night for the title. Should be interesting.
Is this for middle school state championship?
Yes this is te 8th grade bracket of the MS state chamionship to be played this Sat at Lexington Cath.
Wow,

Coach Howard should be hung up by his ankles for not getting his Cougars into this tourney. I for one think that his Cougars would have won this thing. They are a very physical and punishing team that would have faired really well with these four teams. My pick is Bell County, they play the good old fashioned mountain football and the violent smashmouth football will win out in this bracket.

Where are the jacked up teams like Danville, Lexington Catholic, Russell, New Harlan, etc... Why didn't they play in the state championship tourney this year. I'm sure these teams are good but not as good as the teams I mentioned.
Lambert #1 Wrote:Wow,

Coach Howard should be hung up by his ankles for not getting his Cougars into this tourney. I for one think that his Cougars would have won this thing. They are a very physical and punishing team that would have faired really well with these four teams. My pick is Bell County, they play the good old fashioned mountain football and the violent smashmouth football will win out in this bracket.

Where are the jacked up teams like Danville, Lexington Catholic, Russell, New Harlan, etc... Why didn't they play in the state championship tourney this year. I'm sure these teams are good but not as good as the teams I mentioned.

Most of the schools you mentioned have more than 1 middle school team. I think they just took the 1st 8 conferences that spoke up. And NO New Harlan is not better than Bell.
Lexing Cath did not make it in for the 8th grade. Danville does have a MS but I am not sure past that. Who is in Bell's confrence?

Now as far as smashmouth football winning out..unless someone has information on the teams past Bell that they are not sharing no one knows what type of ball the others play. I have heard that Morgan Co runs double wing.

I do know that Grant is not in a confrence but was let in as an independent
What high school's do Morgan and Grant feed?
Mama Bear Wrote:What high school's do Morgan and Grant feed?

Morgan and Grant Counties.
Anybody know the times of the games?
Just looked at another thread. Russel lost to Verity. Verity made it in and then was beat by Morgan Co. so it appears Russel had a chance to get in. Not sure about New Harlan's confrence. Lexington Cath did not win their confrence and when LCA did not want to play in state Lex Cath still turned it down. Their 7th graders are playing in the 7th grade bracket and are still in it.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but it doesnt get any more smashmouth than the double wing! Morgan is from a pretty good conference ( Mason, Fleming, Bath, etc.) They could make some noise!
barrel Wrote:Just looked at another thread. Russel lost to Verity. Verity made it in and then was beat by Morgan Co. so it appears Russel had a chance to get in. Not sure about New Harlan's confrence. Lexington Cath did not win their confrence and when LCA did not want to play in state Lex Cath still turned it down. Their 7th graders are playing in the 7th grade bracket and are still in it.

New Harlan (7/8)is playing in the championship for the conference Sat. against Evarts.

I wish Coach Howard from Letcher and Coach Wood from New Harlan could have gotten their teams in this tournament. I would have liked to have gotten to watch a New Harlan vs Bell game this year. Perhaps after this first year more teams will be apt to join.
Bell used to be in a Conference with New Harlan, M'boro and etc. But they voted to basicly kick Bell out. They got in a better conference after all with Corbin, Whitley, Knox and a few other schools.
Did New Harlan play Bell this year? I thought I saw those videos on you tube.
Bobcat_Dad Wrote:Bell used to be in a Conference with New Harlan, M'boro and etc. But they voted to basicly kick Bell out. They got in a better conference after all with Corbin, Whitley, Knox and a few other schools.

I think you are right. New Harlan was the only team that voted to keep them. New Harlan always had them scheduled regardless. The conference that we are in now needs a shot in the arm. Teams keep dropping out. Our coach tried his hardest to get a game with Bell this year, but Bell county's coach didn't want to this year. Maybe they can work something out next year.
The Bell game was always the best game of the year to watch.

Knox was real competitive last year, but seemed down this year. We had a lil scrimmage at Corbin before the season. Wish we could get them in a regular season game.
maysville bulldog Wrote:Did New Harlan play Bell this year? I thought I saw those videos on you tube.
No, that was last year.
I think with the Conference games and a few out of area games they are playing they don't have any weeks left to play New Harlan is what I was told. Unless it was a Saturday game and NH coach did not want a Sat. game.
I don't know how they voted, but I for one would not give any team in the CVC the time of day. To team up and kick a team out of your conference, I question those coaches and their competiveness. If you can't beat them,work harder, don't vote them out.

New Harlan may have wanted a game, all they had to do was stand up and say, we are not voting anyone out of this conference, and they could have had one.
Snare43 Wrote:I don't know how they voted, but I for one would not give any team in the CVC the time of day. To team up and kick a team out of your conference, I question those coaches and their competiveness. If you can't beat them,work harder, don't vote them out.

New Harlan may have wanted a game, all they had to do was stand up and say, we are not voting anyone out of this conference, and they could have had one.

:confused:

Bell getting voted out of the conference hurt New Harlan. What part didn't you understand in my last post? New Harlan wanted to keep Bell. They played last year and were wanting to this year. I'm agreeing with you though, I QUESTION A COACH AND THEIR COMPETIVENESS WHEN THEY DODGE TEAMS. You'd have to ask the other teams involved as to why they chose to do what they did. As for New Harlan, they have never refused a game with Bell or any team. Our coach basically begged and got the run around. I do understand to a point the bitterness toward the other teams, but why not play New Harlan? They were NOT responsible for what happened. I think there's a little more to it. Wink
Bluegrass Middle is from a tough conference playing Meade County, TK Stone, Bardstown, East Hardin, West Hardin, JTA. They are the feeder school for John Hardin High School. They are also undefeated scoring over 400 pts and only allowing 28 pts on the year.
Well Bobcat Dad,

Since you were so blunt to basically line me out with your statement of "NO New Harlan is not better than Bell" I will be just as blunt as you were. I watched New Harlan in Person and saw a scout tape that Coach Howard had on one of the teams that he played this year which was against Bell and "YES" New Harlan was better than Bell in my opinion. But you know how that goes, opinions are like... Well we will leave it right there since this is a family friendly site but you know the excuse of "My coach doesn't like to play on Saturday" is crap, every coach takes games when they can get them, I'm sure our coach over here in Letcher county doesn't like giving up his saturdays but he played on three of them and it didn't kill any of us. Why don't you just beg your coach to hook up with Coach woods after you all win that little so called state tourny and play a little mountain championship game of your own, I'll bet you a $100.00 that New Harlan will take you up on the challenge buddy.
And what happens if Bell does not win? Right now Bell is the favorite to win this thing. If for some unforeen reason they do not win then what?

According to Lex Cath just about if not all MS had a chance to get in. It is easy to say if a team played they would win.

Who else then Bluegrass play? Lex Cath I think beat them this season. Lex Cath did not even win their confrence. Bluegrass has not faced a team like Mrogan Co I am sure. They are a DW team which is VERY different to play against.
Right now it looks like
Bell
Morgan
Bluegrass
Grant

Bluegrass and Morgan might a toss up. I do not know anyone who will say their confrence is bad. I would be surprised if Bell does not win. What is Lecther or New Harlen's record? If they lost who was it too?
Quote:I think with the Conference games and a few out of area games they are playing they don't have any weeks left to play New Harlan is what I was told. Unless it was a Saturday game and NH coach did not want a Sat. game.

New Harlan wanted a game. I personally seen the emails between Coach Wood and Coach Cheney. Coach Wood made an "Anytime you want to play, we'll make it work" offer, and there was always some excuse. New Harlan did not want Bell out of the conference, but they were only 1 vote. They stood up and said as much, but were overruled. That is a lame excuse from Bell. I'll guarantee that if Bell wants a game--any time--New Harlan will be there.

Bobcat fans--talk to your coach and tell him to name a date...New Harlan's waiting.
Lambert #1 Wrote:Well Bobcat Dad,

Since you were so blunt to basically line me out with your statement of "NO New Harlan is not better than Bell" I will be just as blunt as you were. I watched New Harlan in Person and saw a scout tape that Coach Howard had on one of the teams that he played this year which was against Bell and "YES" New Harlan was better than Bell in my opinion. But you know how that goes, opinions are like... Well we will leave it right there since this is a family friendly site but you know the excuse of "My coach doesn't like to play on Saturday" is crap, every coach takes games when they can get them, I'm sure our coach over here in Letcher county doesn't like giving up his saturdays but he played on three of them and it didn't kill any of us. Why don't you just beg your coach to hook up with Coach woods after you all win that little so called state tourny and play a little mountain championship game of your own, I'll bet you a $100.00 that New Harlan will take you up on the challenge buddy.

Lambert #1,

What a fantastic idea! I talked to our coach and he said he'd LOVE to play any time, even on a Satuday! He said to contact him by email, [email]chad.wood@harlan.kyschools.us[/email] or by phone
606-664-3444. It would be a great game for us fans!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bobcat_Dad Wrote:I think with the Conference games and a few out of area games they are playing they don't have any weeks left to play New Harlan is what I was told. Unless it was a Saturday game and NH coach did not want a Sat. game.

BobCat _ Dad,

This is the New Harlan Patriots Coach just to set the record stright. I tried and even begged to play on any day and could not get anything worked out. IF you would like proof I will IM you a copy of the e-mail conversation.

I think it would be great to play [B]THIS year we are finishing up our conference this Saturday. So we are open all of next week even Saturday if need be. I would love to continue our yearly games with even adding a home and away game each year this way both programs can benefit from the fan base.

If this is something Bell is wanting this year just have someone give me a call or send a e-mail and let me know what date/time. I would really like for these two teams to play not only this year but each and every year.

Coach W.
Even though I have no horse in this race I would like to say something about this middle school championship thing. For this thing to be fair don't you think that they would have waited until all the conferences had played their games before they started this thing? I personally think it is a fantastic idea, but to leave so many out of it is really unfair. There are so many fantastic mountain teams out there they should have been given a fair shake! I really don't want to hear anyone say everyone had a chance to get in on it.I mean u would first have to win your conference before u could advance.The big Sandy was just finished a few days ago and the CVC hasnt even finished yet.Maybe next year the details will be worked out better and everyone could participate.
Letcher lost to New Harlan 8-6 and Johnson Central 14-8. Redeemed the one loss to Johnson Central by beating them out of the Big Sandy Conference in the 2nd round. Letcher went on to win the Big Sandy with a record of 11-2 with wins against Johnson Central, Perry Central, Hazard, Sebastian(Breathitt Co.) 2 times, Pikeville, Shelby Valley, Clark County, Belfry are just a few of their wins. However, I am sure, no I know that Coach Howard would say that new Harlan is a little bit better than them because he told me so. Howard states that he thought his conference had to register to put their winner in the state championship series and whom ever that winner was would be represented, now he said he hears it was supposed to individual schools to register to play, what if they didn't win their conference, he stated that their was an entry fee so it sounds to me like it was a little unorganized and that's understandable being in the first year of existance. We in Letcher County are not complaining about not playing, just wishing we had of gotten the chance. All I am saying is that I think the best team in the mountains (Eastern Kentucky) is New Harlan because we have beaten some really good teams this year but we couldn't beat New Harlan.

For the record, in one of the posts you all were talking about Morgan being so dominant with the double wing-T. It's the same thing they ran last year and our team from Whitesburg beat them something like 22-0 in the Coca-Cola Bowl, actually thought we were going to get to play them this year in the same bowl but they cancelled for some reason.
A double wing and a double wing t are 2 different schemes. I was refering to Bluegrass having to play against a double wing offense which I am fairly sure is not run in their area. No one said anything about Morgan being dominant.

Individual schools had to pay to be part of the KMSFA. They had to win their confrence to get in. the 2nd place team could get in if the #1 did not want to play.

As far as it being fair they are doing their best for the first year. It is not fair for Wayne Co with 300-3500 students to have to play Bluegrass which is more than likely 3 times it size.
No size restrictions on the number of kids they have,, maybe down the road that may change,,, and you are right about joining the league....I think it cost 30-50 dollars a year for the SCHOOL to join.. It is a great idea and should be better next year.... things will go smoother next year and more schools will be in the league next year and willmake it better......
Word is they will break it up by enrollment next year. I am sure there is going to be some schools that have an issue in Lex Cath among others. Lex Cath does not have a MS but does have a MS football team. It appears Bell has a number of K-8 schools but all the kids play on one football team.

You also have a travel issue for some schools and what areas are interested in being part of it.
Pages: 1 2