Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Matt Pilgrim could play this year.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
UK and Matt Pilgrim have applied for a hardship waiver. If passed, Pilgrim would be eligible to play this year. Got the info off of espn.com
As much as I'd love to see Pilgrim on the floor this season, it is highly unlikely for it to happen.
a-dub14 Wrote:As much as I'd love to see Pilgrim on the floor this season, it is highly unlikely for it to happen.

I kno, chances are slim.. but wow, imagine if he gets to play. We would be BEAST down low. Lets hope the ncaa agrees, and lets him play, its not impossible.
It would be so awesome if he got to play.
This info is two weeks old......However, I agree he would be a huge asset to the team!
i dont keep up with UK basketball as much as I use to, so would someone inform me as to why he is ineligible to play?
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:i dont keep up with UK basketball as much as I use to, so would someone inform me as to why he is ineligible to play?

because he is a transfer
He is a transfer and a physical specimen. I met him at the BG basketball camp. He is freakishly athletic.
SO I am assuming it was NCAA to NCAA transfer? Because if it was a NAIA or JR College he would be eligile.
Yeas Hampton to UK two D1 schools.
So anymore info on this? Or is it dead in the water?
As soon as the NCAA makes there decision, we should know. Im sure it will be on all the UK sites and etc. But in the meantime, here is the original write up on all the sites.

UK appeals to have Pilgrim eligible

In case you missed it, Kentucky has made an appeal to the NCAA to have Matt Pilgrim eligible to play this season.
Pilgrim transferred to UK from Hampton during the off-season. Under normal NCAA rules, he would have to sit out this coming season.
UK Coach Billy Gillispie hinted that the normal rules might not apply when he said that Pilgrim “probably won’t be able to play” this season.
That prompted a followup question: Probably?
Gillispie said he hadn’t heard anything yet to suggest the NCAA would waive the rule on sitting out a season as a transfer.

“He was going to look into possibly (appealing) because he had family hardships,” Gillispie said. “I don’t know any details on that.”

UK spokesman DeWayne Peevy acknowledged that UK had filed an appeal with the NCAA to grant a waiver on behalf of Pilgrim. “Due to precedent and Pilgrim’s private circumstances the University of Kentucky determined there was enough information to warrant an appeal,” Peevy wrote in an e-mail.

Meanwhile, Gillispie noted how Pilgrim, a 6-foot-8, 233-pound power forward, can help toughen the Cats in practice.
heres an article about the NCAA and filing for hardship waivers. http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/columns/story?id=3659804
Beetle01 Wrote:Yeas Hampton to UK two D1 schools.

thanks
By most accounts Pilgrim had a world of talent coming out of HS. He was passed over by alot of schools because he was deemed "lazy" and "uninterested." However, from all the reports I have gotten......he has bucked those labels...........Patterson referred to him as a "beast", thats good enough for me!
Is he good enough to start for the Wildcats? If ruled eligible?
My fingers are crossed!!
100%SUCCESS Wrote:Is he good enough to start for the Wildcats? If ruled eligible?
He is def good enough to start along side Patterson. With Stevenson and Harrellson coming in also, UK would be tough down low.