Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Belfry 6th 42 Shelby Valley 6th 28
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For the County Championship! Great job little Pirates-- 2008 Pike County Champs!
WOW this is surprising!!!!!!
The little Pirates actually beat Shelby Valley the last time they played before playoffs as well. They showed a lot of improvement over the course of the season. Defense came to play last night!
Our Little Pirates did a great job ,
This 6th grade team will be awesome when they all make it to high school
they were great this year , and they will only improve with time :1: :runtouchd
yea id say the little pirates did a good job adding their 7nth grade team to the roster of the sixth im in 7th grade and i know that i played against those kids i mean think about it howcould sv win the first 4 and lose the last two without belfry getting extra help it dosent make any sense and besides sv had the best two running backs in the county #20 chandler rowe and #5 owen caudill
ShelbyVally#64 Wrote:yea id say the little pirates did a good job adding their 7nth grade team to the roster of the sixth im in 7th grade and i know that i played against those kids i mean think about it howcould sv win the first 4 and lose the last two without belfry getting extra help it dosent make any sense and besides sv had the best two running backs in the county #20 chandler rowe and #5 owen caudill

You are definitely mistaken! The players that played the county championship game were ALL 6th grade, no seventh thrown in.... didn't need them.... our 6th grade worked their tails off to win that game and improve as a team! Do not get on here spouting false information to make Belfry's win seem like it is less important.... YOU GOT BEAT!
I watched as our High School team got pounded by Belfry..... BUt knowing that my son played the Belfry 6th grade this year and held them to -32 yards at the Shelby Valley bowl made the high school loss feel better. I wished we were closer so we could play more teams from down there. I am hoping that Russell can come down next year and play the teams from down there in 09.

I met some really nice parents, coaches and interesting people on our travels this year. Hope to add more next year.
Is this Shelby Valley's first loss? Also, what is the record of both teams?
Which part of the state is Belfry located?
DcoachBf99 Wrote:Which part of the state is Belfry located?

"TIP" of the state in Pike County... EASTERN KY!!!!
like that pic phs..go pirates
PHS95 Wrote:You are definitely mistaken! The players that played the county championship game were ALL 6th grade, no seventh thrown in.... didn't need them.... our 6th grade worked their tails off to win that game and improve as a team! Do not get on here spouting false information to make Belfry's win seem like it is less important.... YOU GOT BEAT!
Listen, I attended the game at Belfry, and I never recognized any of the officials as being licensed. My question or response is "Why did SV walk Belfry in the mud on several occasions, yet Belfry begged to have the Championship game on their home field" My understanding of the sports county play is the tournements starts and finish on 1 field not changed and relocated to another field. ex: If the tourney starts @ SV it is suppose to finish @ SV not be changed to another location where the home team would be allowed to get "False Officials"
PikeCoTeamAnalyst Wrote:Listen, I attended the game at Belfry, and I never recognized any of the officials as being licensed. My question or response is "Why did SV walk Belfry in the mud on several occasions, yet Belfry begged to have the Championship game on their home field" My understanding of the sports county play is the tournements starts and finish on 1 field not changed and relocated to another field. ex: If the tourney starts @ SV it is suppose to finish @ SV not be changed to another location where the home team would be allowed to get "False Officials"

Your impression is mistaken. As with the other Pike County levels, the championship game is decided upon and played at a predetermined site, look at the 8th grade game. it was slated for PC whether they made it or not. Additionally, the 6th grade Pirates beat Valley at Valley the week before, I don't call that Valley stomping them in the mud on "several" occasions, do you??

As far as your "False Officials" statement, that is a major thing to throw out with no proof.... I am sure you do not personally know every liscensed official in Eastern Kentucky.... or maybe you do? Smile
I have been to alot of games at Belfry for grade school games and it has always been the same officials from WV. For some reason all of the officials in this championships game were from Belfry. Two of them called a fair game . the back judge made alot of bad calls at key times .
the 6th grade Pirates were awesome this year I am excited to see more from them next year and in the years to come..