Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Kentucky vs. Miss. St 11/1/08
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
@ 2:30
Can only be seen on Pay Per View
This is a must win for the Cats IMO. If Hartline is QB we lose. If Cobb is we have chance of winning. Hopefully our defense can get back on track also.
Mississippi State wins a slugfest. Dogs 20-10..
Cats-17
Dawgs-13
If UK can get the defense healthy, and put Cobb at qb...ill say UK by a TD
If not it could be a long day
UK wins 28-10.
Kentucky should be fine in this one, and they're going to go in with something to prove after what Florida did to them. I think if Cobb is the QB Kentucky wins 21-7. If Hartline is the QB this week then Kentucky will win 14-13. Either way I am confident that the defense will not let MSU get into the End Zone very often.
I think Miss. St. takes this one by a Touchdown.

Bulldogs-17
Wildcats-10
i dont know anymore. we took a beat down from florida. our offense needs to step it up big time. defense will shut the dogs out for this game. put cobb at qb and we will roll!!!!
I just seen the press conf. of Brooks.He said Cobb will start at QB against Miss St but Hartline will get some playing time too in the 2nd or 3rd Quarters.
MVP2 Wrote:I just seen the press conf. of Brooks.He said Cobb will start at QB against Miss St but Hartline will get some playing time too in the 2nd or 3rd Quarters.
FINALLY
I would really like to know who is playing from an injury standpoint before I make a prediction on this game. Myron Pryor? Micah Johnson? Marcus McClinton, Braxton Kelley, Ricky Lumpkin? What about all the hurt players on the O-line?

I want to say UK will win, but I will wait until later in the week to make my prediction.
UK wins easy.
More Cowbell Wrote:I would really like to know who is playing from an injury standpoint before I make a prediction on this game. Myron Pryor? Micah Johnson? Marcus McClinton, Braxton Kelley, Ricky Lumpkin? What about all the hurt players on the O-line?

I want to say UK will win, but I will wait until later in the week to make my prediction.
I know Pryor and Johnson are both doubtful and aren't expected to play. Which doesn't make things easy by any means.
Kentucky-35
Miss. St -14
I like Kentucky in this one. This game will determine how much heart this Wildcat team has. Hopefully we can get back on track.

C-A-T-S....CATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cats will lose

Hate to say it
They really showed a alot of heart during the Florida game.
schs_06 Wrote:They really showed a alot of heart during the Florida game.
Who, the cheerleaders? More like a "Flatline" heartbeat to me. Thier wasn't a rock big enough for all of them to crawl under.
I know it's a totally different team, but Kentucky owes Miss St. from last year!!With Cobb named the starting QB, I like our chances a lot better!!!

Kentucky 23
Miss. St. 16

Go Cats!!!!
All the injured players except for Lyons & Locke will be available for this game, Brooks said earlier today. Brooks also noted that Moncell Allen will start in the back field and EJ Adams & Gene McCaskill will start at receiver.
UK gets bowl eligible this week.
UK -21
MSU-3
BlackcatAlum Wrote:All the injured players except for Lyons & Locke will be available for this game, Brooks said earlier today. Brooks also noted that Moncell Allen will start in the back field and EJ Adams & Gene McCaskill will start at receiver.

The injury situation, according to kentucky.com: http://www.kentucky.com/817/story/574592.html

Right tackle Justin Jeffries will start Saturday after missing the past four games with a knee injury.

Middle linebacker Micah Johnson (ankle), tight end Maurice Grinter (ankle) and free safety Marcus McClinton (knee) will also play.

Defensive tackle Myron Pryor, who is nursing a high ankle sprain, will make the trip and should be available for duty, but Brooks isn't sure how much he'll be able to play.

So, even though they are all available, it sounds like Pryor may not play at all and Micah Johnson will be limited.

I will predict a UK win, but I think without the injuries Miss State would find it hard to even move the ball at all on us. With Pryor, Johnson, McClinton and crew not 100%, the Bulldogs can keep it close.

Kentucky 13
Miss. St. 10
Miss St by 7