Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: LCC Cougars Finish with 11-2 Record.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This year was wonderful for everyone in Letcher County. It was the first year of a county wide consolidation and it went great. I as a fan would advise every county around to look into bringing it all together like we have. Tonight I watched Hillard Howard and his staff standing on the bleachers behind the Junior High team encouraging them the entire time. We had fans from Neon, Whitesburg and surrounding schools coming together as one to support our Cougars. Our coaching staff has done a wonderful job bringing these kids together in 3 or 4 short months and they went out and got the job done. Letcher County Central Cougars - Big Sandy Champions in their first try, CHAMPIONS, sounds kind of good doesn't it Cougar fans. Cool

Congrats go out to the Sebastian boys, coaches, fans. You all have a wonderful team that fought hard throughout the entire game. Each time LCC would score it looked as if the game was getting out of reach but the Breathitt Co. boys would not give up and the kept driving and scoring. Well played ballgame and you all should pat each other on the back for a great season.:rockon:

:1: :letsparty :Clap: :Cheerlead :
Lcc Jr Cougar Are #1
Lcc #1 We Walk The Walk And We Talk The Talk
I agree with Lambert that it was an amazing sight last night when you had boys, parents, and fans from all over Letcher County enjoying a championship victory as ONE!!!! It was a very emotional night that I am sure will not be forgotten by anyone that was there to experience it. :letsparty

I would like to congratulate our team, coaches and county! This team has represented Letcher County with class throughout this entire season. The Big Sandy Conference could not have a better team to represent them as the 2008 Champions. :1:

Way to Go Cougars!!!! :theman:
Cougars have class. Way to go!!!!
Lambert#1,
Did anyone tape that game? I would love for it to be on the school channel. That needs to be on there cause not everyone got to go to the game. Who can you talk that might have taped i?t
I'll ask Coach Howard today when I see him. I am sure it was taped and he can probably put it on the school channel. Good idea CougarPride!!!!
Everybody in the county needs to see how these guys played. Dalton Taylor rushed for over 1500 yards and close to 30 TD's and Tyree rushed for over a 1000 and over 20+ TD's. That was one heck of a line blocking for them up front. The little QB played the game with a broken hand, tough as nails. Our boys were beaten and banged up at the end of the year, that's what you get when you play old school smashmouth football though. I think they said they had two with broken wrist, one with a broken arm, one with a dislocated shoulder, one with a bum knee playing in that championship game, shows the character of these kids doesn't it?
:kneel: :Wave: ::letsparty way to go COUGARS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Congrats to LCC. Who were the 2 losses to?
Two losses were to Johnson Central 14-8 and New Harlan 8-6.
Congrats to LCC on a great championship year. They have a great group of young men and a great coaching staff. Coach Howard has done a great job bring everyone together and developing a program that will feed the Highschool.

Congrats Coach Howard, staff, and players on a great season.
Now all they have to do is get there kids in wrestling during winter sport to help them. Now that they have a good wrestling coach, that will help them. Not all of them will be playing basketball, and it seems to help Johnson Central and Sheldon Clark. Look at there programs. We will never get to that kind of program if we don't work together. Mark it down. Congrats to LCC on a great season. Good Luck in other sports.
:ChairHit: :popcorn:
cougarpride08 Wrote:Now all they have to do is get there kids in wrestling during winter sport to help them. Now that they have a good wrestling coach, that will help them. Not all of them will be playing basketball, and it seems to help Johnson Central and Sheldon Clark. Look at there programs. We will never get to that kind of program if we don't work together. Mark it down. Congrats to LCC on a great season. Good Luck in other sports.
GRIFFIN Wrote::ChairHit: :popcorn:

Griffin I know I sound crazy, but you can't deny that what JC and Sheldon Clark is doing. We can't go off on Sarge because what happen last year. It isn't fair to him. The coaches needs to give him a chance. What is the kids that isn't playing b-ball going to be doing. They lift 7th period, then what do they do? Remember what Highlands coaches told you guys last year. It is all year long they prepare. There not going to do there own conitioning so this will help them. All the coaches have to do is sit down with Sarge and work together. That is all I am saying. This is a sleeping giant for all sports, and what kid would want to take down someone and call it a sport.
Sebastian didnt have a chance against the Taylor kid #20
Lambert #1 Wrote:I'll ask Coach Howard today when I see him. I am sure it was taped and he can probably put it on the school channel. Good idea CougarPride!!!!
Everybody in the county needs to see how these guys played. Dalton Taylor rushed for over 1500 yards and close to 30 TD's and Tyree rushed for over a 1000 and over 20+ TD's. That was one heck of a line blocking for them up front. The little QB played the game with a broken hand, tough as nails. Our boys were beaten and banged up at the end of the year, that's what you get when you play old school smashmouth football though. I think they said they had two with broken wrist, one with a broken arm, one with a dislocated shoulder, one with a bum knee playing in that championship game, shows the character of these kids doesn't it?

They still haven't put that on the school channel. Please talk to Coach Howard to get that on the school channel so they will quit playing Christmas stuff. It is January so they need to put something else.
The New Harlan Patriots shut out both JCMS &LCC
PATS-28 JCMS-8
PATS-8 LCC-6

i have to say lcc is a much better football team no disresecpt..
Robert Newhouse Wrote::kneel: :Wave: ::letsparty way to go COUGARS!!!!!!!!!!!!

hahahahaha thts lil devil looks like a patroit and those courgars are bowing :notworthy to him........GO PATS............... WERE ARE TRULY THE #1 TEAM :lmao:
MR.Amazeing Wrote:The New Harlan Patriots shut out both JCMS &LCC
PATS-28 JCMS-8
PATS-8 LCC-6

This might be a little technical but when you shut out someone that typically means the other team did not score. So apparently the pats did not shut them out. Beat them yes but shut out no.
Mr.Amazeing,

Your an idiot, 8-6 is not shutting someone out. 8-0 is shutting someone out but not impressively may I add. Can you count from 6 to 8? For the record that's 2 points. Like I said, you had a better team but just 2 points better. Ask MamaBear and Patriot and the rest of the classy fans over your way that I have grown to respect in so many different ways if we were an inferior team. I bet I can tell you the answer right now.
MR.Amazeing Wrote:The New Harlan Patriots shut out both JCMS &LCC
PATS-28 JCMS-8
PATS-8 LCC-6

Although I appreciate Mr. Amazeing's enthusiasm and love for the game, I think he may have somewhat overexaggerated the "shut out" of LCC. Anyone who was in the game or watching the game had to realize that these two teams were very closely matched and it was a great game to watch. LCC was by far the best opponent that the New Harlan Patriots faced this year. I really wish we could have played them again later in the year. This year's 8th graders will get to match up against them when the Freshmen Black Bear's play in 2009. It's going to make for some exciting football games for years to come between our new rivals across the mountain. I'm sure that Mr. Amazeing is just very excited to get that started.
Thank you MamaBear for the good words, like I said earlier you all had one heck of a team. Definitely the best that I got to watch this season. I do like the enthusiasm of Mr. Amazeing and understand that he is probably a young 15 year old kid that makes 15 year old mistakes and can't hold that against him. Keep up that positive attitude and you will do fine under Larkey, just keep those emotions in check a little and think before you speak or type in this case.
im just joking around with you lambert come'on we all from the mountains lol i was just throwing some stuff in there about our patroits from this pat year is all
Mr. Amazeing,
I understand but your team and players are so talented and classy, don't give up any of the respect that we have over here for you all with trash talk. You all let your playing do the talking and that's why we respect you all so much.