Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Florida 63 - Kentucky 5
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final!

Absolutely nothing went Kentucky's way today as the game started with 2 straight blocked punts by the Florida defense that resulted in two touchdowns for the Gators, the Gators didn't look back after that going up 28-0 after just 1 quarter. Kentucky finally got on the board by a Sieber field goal and the Cats later got 2 more points on the board by a mis-handled punt that went out of the endzone.

My thought on the game is that our defense shouldn't be blamed for anything in this game, the offense put them on there heels early in the game and it was the offense that got us whipped today. The defense is depleted right now with injuries as our starting linebackers didn't even practice earlier this week. As for the offense, Cobb should start at quarterback for the rest of the season because Hartline simply cannot move our offense. Cobb is a duel-threat quarterback that presents a threat to a defense because he can beat them with his arm and his legs. Hopefully Brooks & Phillips see's that and the Cats move on past this loss and they go take care of business at Mississippi State.
I figured this would be a better football game than what it was hopefully Kentucky will keep there heads up get back to working and get ready for there next opponent.
Just nothing to say besides "It looked like the same old Kentucky team with the same Ol' performance" besides Spurrier not being there. They just didn't want to be there today and this A-Kicking shows it!
BTW, I would have fired the Special Teams Coach during the game!
I would not have put Hartline in right after halftime. Cobb proved he could withstand the pressure and moved the ball 70+ more yards than Hartline did in the first half. Nine seconds was all it took after the game resumed to make Brooks reget that one. And, he still didn't take him out right away. I was literally screaming at the TV.
Bad, bad day for the Cats. :eek:
On to basketball season
Game was close up until kickoff and it just slipped through Kentucky's grip. Smile
gish_7 Wrote:On to basketball season

On to next week for me. Still lot of football to be played, and I'm not going to give up because Florida destroyed us today. They just beat LSU 51-21 two weeks ago. They're a heck of a team. A win next week and we're bowl eligible.

As long as the change is made at QB and we're healthy from here on out, two more wins is very possible.
BCF4L Wrote:Game was close up until kickoff and it just slipped through Kentucky's grip. Smile
Nah the the punt block. Defense was doing well. Held them to a three and out.
Ive been saying heartline sucks and to bench him for weeks now.... About time you all see the light lol.
What else sucks is the loss of alot of key players, That has a big mental drag on the CATS.
Cobb is definitely a better QB, but I'm not so sure Phillips has learned how to use him yet. He's a much different player than the pocket passer like Woodson was.
Put Cobb In! Put Cobb In! Put Cobb In!
Did anyone see Tebow after they scored like the 4th or 5th time....He acted like they just put the nail in the coffin late in the 4th quarter when it was like the end of tha 2nd...
I'm speechless...

I just don't honestly see us winning another game. I thought this would be the year we finally beat Tennessee...but I really don't see that happening.

IMO, Kentucky ends the season 5-5

I'll gladly eat crow if they win another game...I just don't see it they way they laid down today. The fire is gone...the intensity is gone...The passion is gone. Folks , just face it, as much I love UK...we're just not a football school.
BelfryPride Wrote:I'm speechless...

I just don't honestly see us winning another game. I thought this would be the year we finally beat Tennessee...but I really don't see that happening.

IMO, Kentucky ends the season 5-5

I'll gladly eat crow if they win another game...I just don't see it they way they laid down today. The fire is gone...the intensity is gone...The passion is gone. Folks , just face it, as much I love UK...we're just not a football school.

You're not giving UK enough credit and you're not giving UF enough credit. UF is playing better than anybody in the country right now. I don't care who it was playing UF today, they were going to win.

Only one more win until we're bowl eligible. I can certainly see UK beating Miss. State.

I think we can probably beat Georgia and Vandy. And I think we have a great shot at UT this year.

I think UK goes 7-5.
I also think we will go 7-5. I think we beat Miss St next week. Come on, I think we can beat Vandy too, They got beat by DUKE today and only scored 7 pts against Blue Devils. If they can only score 7 against Duke then they'll shouldnt score at all on our D. I wouldnt count out TN either. Theres lots of football left for the cats...GO CATS!!!
Burn the film of this one.

This might be the year we get Tennessee though. Man they looked terrible tonight. I think UK finishes 7-5 though. 2 wins out of Miss St, Vandy, and Tenn.

Its not basketball season yet.
Well were not going to a bowl unless we win 7 games and I dont see that.
MVP2 Wrote:I also think we will go 7-5. I think we beat Miss St next week. Come on, I think we can beat Vandy too, They got beat by DUKE today and only scored 7 pts against Blue Devils. If they can only score 7 against Duke then they'll shouldnt score at all on our D. I wouldnt count out TN either. Theres lots of football left for the cats...GO CATS!!!
I know this may get me hanged, but the ACC is a better conference this year than the SEC top to bottom.
Panther Thunder Wrote:I know this may get me hanged, but the ACC is a better conference this year than the SEC top to bottom.

You got to be kidding me?
I'll take Duke, NC State, Miami, Clemson, Wake Forest, or Virginia Tech vs. Auburn, MSU, Kentucky, Arkansas, South Carolina, or Tennessee. The top of the SEC in Georgia and Florida are better than any ACC team but LSU, Vandy, and Ole Miss are not any better than the top in the ACC. I'm still not sold on Alabama, but as of now they look like they are pretty good. But like I said no one on this board will ever admit to that.
Panther Thunder Wrote:I know this may get me hanged, but the ACC is a better conference this year than the SEC top to bottom.
Yeah, you're right. Those 2 teams ranked 16th and 25th are better than the 4 teams ranked 2nd, 7th, 10th, and 13th. ACC is hands down the best league in the FBS. As a matter of fact, let's just crown the championship game to be between Florida State and Georgia Tech considering no one is better than them.

Seriously, the Big Ten, Big Least, Pac 10, Big 12, and the SEC are all better than the ACC.
Panther Thunder Wrote:I'll take Duke, NC State, Miami, Clemson, Wake Forest, or Virginia Tech vs. Auburn, MSU, Kentucky, Arkansas, South Carolina, or Tennessee. The top of the SEC in Georgia and Florida are better than any ACC team but LSU, Vandy, and Ole Miss are not any better than the top in the ACC. I'm still not sold on Alabama, but as of now they look like they are pretty good. But like I said no one on this board will ever admit to that.
Dude, South Carolina already beat the crap out of NC State this year 34-0. Yes, Duke beat Vanderbilt yesterday but in a whopping 10-7 ballgame. Alabama beat Clemson, Florida beat Miami, Georgia will murder GT, Ole Miss barely lost to a #20 ranked Wake Forest on the road, and Florida will murder your seminoles. There is no comparison between the two.
All hail the SEC. Seriously, it was just an opinion. Your entitled to your as well. I don't think there is a solid argument either way. But at the least the SEC is not the heads and shoulders above everybody it was last year, that is the Big 12.
No offense, but the ACC is arguably one of the worst conferences in the country, right in the mix with the Big LEast. I'm not saying the SEC is the best, because I th ink the Big 12 is right there with them this year. If you like offense the Big 12 is a beast this year, and if you like defense the SEC is best.
This isnt a knock against Kentucky, it really isnt, but the only games they have a shot to win is Miss. State and Vandy, and I dont think they have the offense to win both games, but with some luck from the defense, maybe one. They wont beat Tennessee and Georgia will whip them too..but Im sorry, this is the worst UK offense Ive seen since the Bill Curry era, which is a shame, because this is the best defense Ive seen since Jerry Claiborne was at the helm..Come on Cats, pull one more out and go to a 3rd straight bowl game..
Not going to happen for a third straight year people. When will you all open your eyes? The offense is horrible no matter who is at QB, and the reason its a mess is because of JOKE-r phillps. Bad playcalling is the biggest reason UK's offense is terrible. I still like Cobb as QB but as long as the joke keeps calling the plays he is now, Cobb will never be able to get any better. If I was him, I would pack my stuff and demand a termination of scholarship and transfer to a school that knows how to utilize his talents, the same goes for Boyd. Like other people have said here, its on to basketball season, although thats another UK sport I dread watching this year. Face it, UK is NOT a FOOTBALL school, not as long as they let Brooks and Phillips have anything to do with the school.
Some of these post are jokes. Kentucky knows how to use Cobb, they have been using him were he's best at, receiver. As for Boyd, he has to learn to be agressive or he won't play anywere. UK is still fine, they ahve some winnable games coming up, nobody thought they would beat FLorida.
Asfor Brooks and company, they are the reason we've been competitive and are builiding a solid program that will last, not some hoax whcih is built to fall.
As for the poster who said without seven we wont go bowling. Keep your head up, the SEC has an extra bowl game this year and I'm almost certain Kentucky will get a bowl bid with six wins, because they travel so well. But seven wins is still not out of the reach.
Every game is a winnable game now. Georgia is a long shot, but it's at home. Mississippit State, Vandy and UT are all winnable.
Belfry Wins Wrote:Some of these post are jokes. Kentucky knows how to use Cobb, they have been using him were he's best at, receiver. As for Boyd, he has to learn to be agressive or he won't play anywere. UK is still fine, they ahve some winnable games coming up, nobody thought they would beat FLorida.
Asfor Brooks and company, they are the reason we've been competitive and are builiding a solid program that will last, not some hoax whcih is built to fall.
As for the poster who said without seven we wont go bowling. Keep your head up, the SEC has an extra bowl game this year and I'm almost certain Kentucky will get a bowl bid with six wins, because they travel so well. But seven wins is still not out of the reach.
Every game is a winnable game now. Georgia is a long shot, but it's at home. Mississippit State, Vandy and UT are all winnable.

Was talking to a UK booster just the other day and he informed me that the Music CIty bowl has already been showing intrest and has made the comment to the boosters that as long as UK becomes eligable they WILL get an invite from the MCB. Also intrest is showing that the MCB is wanting to make a verbal agreement with the University of Kentucky that EVERY year they become eligable for a bowl game unless eligable for a BCS game that they are wanting to invite Kentucky to the MCB. Just thought I would throw that out there.
Pages: 1 2