Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lute Olson Stepping Down
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just saw on espn that lute olson will no longer be the coach at arizona.
How long will it be till the Billy Clyde replacing him rumors start!!
allseasonfan Wrote:How long will it be till the Billy Clyde replacing him rumors start!!
I was wondering the same thing!
It has already started I read it on rivals board.

[url=http://http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=103&tid=119562672&mid=119562672&sid=910&style=2][/url]
Im just curious why he left right before the season started. I would understand if he was having health or family problems..but other then that, there really isn't much of an excuse for leaving a team with such a short notice. That affects the players on the team, and the kids who committed to play for the school.
Wonder how many players will de-committ?
This move kinda surprised me, I didnt expect him to coach much longer with his health issues, but announcing it this close to the season was shocking.

Anyways, Congrats on a great career Olson.
Yeah that was very surprising that he retired so close to season's start. Not the biggest Lute Olson fan, but he was a class act of a coach and a legend. Hate to see him retire.
gish_7 Wrote:Wonder how many players will de-committ?

What good committments do they have? Anyone know?
The immediate status of the UA's 2009 recruiting class isn't promising, after another decommitment following Lute Olson's retirement on Thursday.

document.write(insertImage('http://vmedia.rivals.com/uploads/974/662959.jpg', '662959.jpg', 0, 267, 200, 1, 'Solomon Hill is no longer headed to Arizona.', 'GOAZCATS.com', 1224871081000, 'Solomon Hill PS', 974, 'Align=Left'));[Image: 662959.jpg][Image: spacer1.gif]GOAZCATS.com[Image: spacer1.gif]Solomon Hill is no longer headed to Arizona.6-foot-6, 195-pound Los Angeles Fairfax small forward Solomon Hill is the latest Wildcat to decommit, joining Mike Moser, who rescinded his pledge on Thursday.

The father of Hill, Solomon Crawford, called GOAZCATS.com to inform us of his son's decision.

"I'm just calling to let you know that we're decommitting from Arizona," Crawford said.

On Thursday, Crawford told us that the status of UA assistant coach Reggie Geary and his future at Arizona would be important for ultimately landing Hill.

The reality of Geary's situation wasn't satisfactory to the family.

"To be honest with you, we didn't get positive feedback on the status of Reggie," Crawford said. "Reggie told me that there was no guarantee that he'd be there so there's no guarantee that we'll be there."

It looks as if Hill's departure from Arizona is a permanent one.

"It probably won't work at this point," Crawford said. "I was excited about Arizona basketball, but I'm not excited about the situation at hand.

"I'm not going to sit around for the downfall. Arizona is still a good school, but I'm not going to sit around and put Solomon in the hands of someone I don't know. That's my son, no, I can't do that."

Crawford says that the first order of business is informing the UA staff, before getting serious about his son's recruitment.

"I haven't notified the staff yet," Crawford said. "I'm on my way to my son's school and will let them know that if anyone calls about my son's status that he's open and that to let me know as soon as possible so we can arrange some visits.

"We're going to open up the recruitment, check out a couple of schools locally; USC, Kentucky, Washington State, Washington, Miami and just all the schools that were recruiting him earlier."

Crawford says that his son will meet with coaches from USC on Saturday
I hope we get that tall boy right there.