Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Greenup Co. 6th vs. Russell 6th
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Russell 16
Greenup Co. 0

Great game by Russell, just grinded us down the first half and scored twice to put the game away. Completely dominated on both the offensive and defensive lines. Messer and Sumon just ran over us. As with the first game, all our tackles were in the secondary and you can't win like that. Held us to 5 offensive plays the entire 1st half. If you dont make stops against this Russell team and try to control the tempo they absolutely eat you alive. We moved it a bit early in the 2nd half but we couldn't get the big plays we needed.

We really enjoy playing up on the hill, the people were great and its just an awesome football atmosphere. Its what football should be about. Wish we could do this 3 or 4 times a year.

Best of luck to you all and hopefully we'll meet this weekend in the Black Bowl at Raceland.
STeelerMatt, Thanks for the words, I am glad to be able to play great competition, great kids and great parents. I know that our kids know each other outside of football and know more and more names as we play against each other. I agree about the atmosphere, it is always nice to play at our place. EXCEPT trying to find concession workers, gate workers, clock, 3 marker workers, announcer and trash workers.. I am thankful for a great team MOM that stepped in this year and helped with this.. Tina Suman,, Logans MOM worked on this for me this year. Jason Suman, logans Dad made the Intro Music for the boys.. Great job. Sumans for your help.
Now back to the game..
I will post the results and stats tonight when I get home, so look for them later.. I did not get to monitor the yardage against us last night so i willnot have the stats for Greenup ,, I just have our stats from our side of the ball.

Check Back..... OH and SteelerMatt,,if you have stats please post on here too. I encourage all teams to post stats on their teams..........

Thanks again for a great game last night.. And I am sure that we will see each other in the Black Bowl at some time..... I also hear that Lewis County will be in it this year too, and a team from Hazard,, Not for sure abou tthe Hazard 6th grade team but heard that as a rumor......
As SteelerMatt has already given you the score from the game, i will fill in the stats for the game.. The Greenup Team is a great coached team and will give you the best clean game you can ask for. I know this much, watch out for 24 Reese Dillon, 00 and 81 on offense. The Greenup offense is productive with speed, passing and good blocking. Russell had trouble last night with the changes Greenup made after last weeks game. Great coaching once again by the Greenup team. The defense of Greenup has also improved as they held our backs to the lowest offensive performance of the year. Once again I commend the team..
As you know, Russell pulled of the win last night and did so by doing the following:
DEFENSIVE STATS:
57-Suman- 8 tackles, 2 for loss, 1 sack
32-Korzep- 6 tackles, 2 for loss, 1 fumble recovery, 1 pass breakup
33-Scott- 2 tackles
9 -May- 2 tackles, 1 for loss
68-Smith- 2 tackles
2 -Messer- 4 tackles, 1 for loss
13- Arnold- 4 tackles- 2 BIG HITS of the game
27- Dixon- 2 tackles
34- Hammond- 2 tackles
7 - Cole- 1 tackle
21- Hoback- 2 tackles