Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Kentucky-21 Arkansas-20
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final!
What a game.....UK's offense finally took some chances down the field and it paid off.
Thats why we have Cobb at reciver and Hartline at QB!!! WAY TO GO CATS!!!..Defense played great 2nd half!
Bowl hopes are alive and well.

Hartline takes a knee better than anybody I've ever seen.

You gotta love the effort when alot of things weren't going the Cats way. Huge win.
I'll gladly have some BBQ sauce with my crow please....and throw me a side of Arkansas bacon on the plate too baby!!!

CAts are one win away from being Bowl Eligible!!!

Whoaaaaaaaaa....C. A.T.S cats! cats! cats!
Wow what a comeback. Cobb really stepped up and showed how great of an athlete he is.
this was a amazing game i listen to it on the internet cause i dont have ESPNU.
MVP2 Wrote:Thats why he have Cobb at reciver and Hartline at QB!!! WAY TO GO CATS!!!..Defense played great 2nd half!

I agree. Sometimes the coaches actually know more than we do!
Cobb is the man that made this happen. If not for him, this would have been a loss. Well him and whoever calls the plays for Arkansas. That was just crazy by them to run the ball so much especially on 3rd and long situations. Joker finally took some chances throwing downfield and it paid off, which is what they should have been doing in the first place. Cobb's nickname should be Mr. Everything, because he does exactly that. Sure hartline made the passes but it was Cobb that made him look so good. Another thing that helped was Arkansas' running back leaving the game, he was shredding the D like it was nothing. One thing that killed me was when the UK fans were booing because the refs said that the Arkansas runner didnt fumble, it was clear that his knee was down, but thats typical UK fans for ya. I also loved hearing fans yelling to put Cobb in at QB, that was the best part, well that and when Hartline and the offense got booed. This win doesnt mean a whole lot though, they still face Florida next week and they suffered some injuries tonight that will likely hurt them. I still dont see them making a bowl this year, not unless they start going deep more often, to Cobb anyway.
I just get sick and tired of watching such a predictable offense. Run up the middle, run up the middle, dump a 3 yd pass. Any defense can stop that. Brooks is the the who said this is the most talent he has had, it is up to the coaches to make it work. Until they consistently open up the game, yards will be hard to come by. I pay over $1,000 for two tickets, drive 3 hours, and watch the most boring offense in the country. They say Cobb is the best receiver, why did they wait until the last 5 minutes to throw to him? Absolutely poor play calling. However, I will say I thought UK had the patent on losing games the way Arkansas did. Open up the offense, Joker!!!
I still think Heartline isnt that good at all. Id rather have Cobb taking the snaps.
dore20 Wrote:I still think Heartline isnt that good at all. Id rather have Cobb taking the snaps.

Then who will catch the ball?
ComfortEagle Wrote:Then who will catch the ball?
Can he throw to himself?? Put Dixon in the flat. Has to be someone that could step up. We all see where Brooks is weak at, recruiting recievers.
FBALL Wrote:Bowl hopes are alive and well.

Hartline takes a knee better than anybody I've ever seen.

You gotta love the effort when alot of things weren't going the Cats way. Huge win.
Isn't this how other teams do Kentucky? Comeback, HELLLLLL YES! I bet the Locker room was lively at the half.
Shady Grady Wrote:I just get sick and tired of watching such a predictable offense. Run up the middle, run up the middle, dump a 3 yd pass. Any defense can stop that. Brooks is the the who said this is the most talent he has had, it is up to the coaches to make it work. Until they consistently open up the game, yards will be hard to come by. I pay over $1,000 for two tickets, drive 3 hours, and watch the most boring offense in the country. They say Cobb is the best receiver, why did they wait until the last 5 minutes to throw to him? Absolutely poor play calling. However, I will say I thought UK had the patent on losing games the way Arkansas did. Open up the offense, Joker!!!

Ummm...Did we lose??? I could have swore we won the game today...
Hilarious. We won the game and people still complain. The play calling at the end of the game is what we need to be successful week in and week out. Some people are never happy though.

Some people made themselves look pretty comical in the update thread, and even thousands more look pretty funny leaving UK's best ever 4th quarter comeback early. Glad I stuck it out along with the other true blue fans. 5-2, with at least two more very winnable games on the schedule. Next week will be tough, especially with all the injuries we had today (Locke, Johnson, Pryor) but this was one of the best games I've ever watched.

Hartline struggled a lot of the game but came through when it mattered. He finished the game completing 6-6, and 9 of his last 10 passes for 2 TD's.

Another amazing thing is, the stadium was louder than it was all game with about 25% of the true fans there who stuck it out. Unreal atmosphere for probably around 20,000 fans.
Just got home from the game and it was one I've never witnessed before. Commonwealth Stadium is just an unpredictable place as 3/4 of the fans headed out after UK's first 3 & out of the 4th and thats when the Cats turned it on. As someone said above, we finally took some chances down-field and they paid off, thats what I've wanted to see all season.

Congrats Cats!
I'm so proud of those guys! Great job UK! The Comeback Cats!
Just got in from the game...WOW is all I can say. Stuck it out as I do every game even if we are down by 30 and it paid off. I say we allow only the ones who stayed for the enitre game to show up to every game because Commenwealth was hoppin in the final 4:47 of the game.

I really do not have much to say that is not positive because to me a win is a win. The D stepped up when it had to and so did the offense. In the final two drives we saw the Hartline EVERYONE has been waiting for. He stepped up in the pocket and FINALLY THREW A TIGHT SPRIAL PASS. IF he can do this from here on then the offense will be fine. I know that is asking alot but come on now Hartline you now have the confidence you need. Also a go to reciver. Now everything else jsut needs to open up.

Something for us to hang our heads about however. I was at O'Charlies after the game and Locke sat down in the booth next to me ON CRUTCHES and with a straight legged knee brace on. Primary work on injury is a tear, and will more than likely be out for the season. He is in good spirits though and spoke to me for about an hour. GREAT KID!!!!! Also did not know this but he has a child who was adorable lol.

WE BELIEVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Im ashamed to say I left with 8:00 in the 4th at 20-7. I watched the end of the game from the jumbotron outside the stadium. I learned my lesson though Im never leaving early again. Could someone do some research to see if Commonwealth Stadium is built on some Indian burial ground? Some wild stuff has taken place in that building over the years. Cats showed some guts tonight and Cobb has emerged as our go to guy. The D played lights out in 2nd half. The only way any Arkansas drive lasted in the 2nd half was because of some BOGUS officiating with phantom pass interference and roughing the passer calls. GO CATS!!!
What a game. I thought it was over when UK thowed that pick in the 4th. Way to go CATS!
Maybe I should turn the TV off more often. lol

Go UK!
I really have to question the intelligence of some on this site.
FBALL Wrote:I really have to question the intelligence of some on this site.
AMEN Brother AMEN!!!
Great game to watch, Cobb is one of the best athletes I've seen in a long time. Congrats Cats.
I along with the few hundred around me thought it was over too...but then the comeback was on. Great win for the Cats! This was a needed win after dropping two games also this is a game that a few years ago we would've lost....so there is improvement in the program. One thing I do agree with is taking chances down field. As long as you continue to run underneath routes then you can't stretch the defense...in other words the defense will continue to play up and stack the box and your running game can't get started. I think that as long as we take our shots down field then the rest of the offense will roll. Keep it up Cats!
I was one of the 5-10,000 left in the stadium that abandoned them...Way to shove it to everyone that left CATS! 1 more win!
that should tell ya that everyone is fed up with Hartline as QB.
RavenBoy Wrote:that should tell ya that everyone is fed up with Hartline as QB.

Im not fed up with him he finally showed what he could do and i mean come on he has won 5 games so i think he is doing a fine job
RavenBoy Wrote:that should tell ya that everyone is fed up with Hartline as QB.

Funny, he completed the 2 TD passes that won the game for the CATS. Only thing that tells us is that everyone thought the game was over and now feel silly for leaving early and missing a great comeback by.........Harline.
Pages: 1 2