Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pikeville 30 North Greeneville 20
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pikeville 30 North Greeneville 20

Final

Nice win for the Bears.
Next week Pikeville will be at Campbellsville in MSC play
Way to go Bears!
This puts them at 2-0 correct?
Congrats Bears.
This game was on TV yesterday but didn't get the chance to watch it.
What station? And live?
The Bears should've won the game by a lot more. Their offense is struggling. They need to find a good QB though to be successful in the conference. He missed open guys all night. Not very accurate or wise with his throws. Word has it he was the back up on his high school team. North Greenville had chances to win the game but didn't execute. Missed the opprotunity to land on a mishandled punt, fumbled on the 5 going in. I expected the Bears to blow them out but that definately wasn't the case. I also think they need to play Ryan Jarrell more and use the TE A LOT more. When he was in the game he opened up some big holes for Joplin to run through. Also, has the QB ever thought about throwing to Jamerson. I mean you can't possibly be any more open than what he was last night. Throw it to him, he'll make things happen. I look for them to get the 2 or 3 spot in the conference. GTown is a loss, and University of the Cumberlands is another possible loss depending on how they play. Wise is also a good oponent, they need to pick things up if they look to continue the way they were last year. I see them at 6-4, 7-3 at best.
The problem with the QB is he's still learning. He is just a freshman. He looks for his primary reciever each time. He doesn't look off to his other options. He had guys open all night.

But, in his defense, the recievers dropped at least 15 balls Saturday night. Against good competition that will beat you.

I agree T-bird, they need to use Jarrell at the TE and throw to him also. Jarrell has the best hands I've ever seen and he has picked up a lot of speed since High School. If they would throw to him for 7-10 yard gains, it would open things up down field.

Good luck Bears.
"Beef" Wrote:What station? And live?
I think that it was on WPRG with Charlie Pinson and that crew.
I'm not sure if it was live or not though Beef.
Pikeville is having a pretty good season so far at 2-0.
They beat Atlantic College 63-0 on Sept. 3rd.
They passed 108 yards during that game.

Don Paul Branham worked really hard in the offseason to improve as a QB and they have Brent Collins, Chip English, and Chris Walker stepping up as a freshman. Ryan Jarrell will be a good assest to them as tight end as sportswhiz had said.

I don't have all the stats from the North Greenville game but as of the first game English had passed somewhere around 103 yards.
"Beef" Wrote:What station? And live?
WPRG, If you call that TV!!!!
Haha. I know what you mean CBS but it DID have coverage, all there is to say about that.
Congrats to the Bears. They are building a good program at Pikeville and I look for very good things from them in the future.
Getting decent out of state recruits are really helping them. Getting some big boys with good fundamentals out of North Carolina mixed with the talent from the mountains, looks good.