Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: UK's Dicky Lyons out for year
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dicky Lyons Jr. is out for the season, following his injury during Saturday's game with South Carolina. He tore two knee ligaments and will now undergo surgery.

http://www.kentucky.com/817/story/554318.html
I figured. It looked real bad on the replay.
Man that sucks. I feel bad for him, REDSHIRT!!!! He's coming back next year is all I can say, or wish anyways.

I was hoping it would have just been a bad hyperextension at the worst.
I agree, DW, it looked awful on the replay. I remember when the TV announcers were saying that inital reports weren't that bad, and that they thought he just "sprained" it, I said no way. I saw the replay, and his knee bent sideways. Knees aren't supposed to do that, folks. It was painful to watch.

As for a medical redshirt, that would be nice, but I'm pretty sure it won't happen. Counting the Carolina game, he played in 6 games this year, exactly half the schedule. I believe the cutoff point for a redshirt is much lower than that.
I cringed when I saw the slow mo replay.
This sucks...our recieving core pretty much what the announcer said during the game, a bunch of glorified high school all-stars.
It's time for Ford, Lanxter, etc. to step it up a bit and start playing to their potential.
Jshort5 Wrote:It's time for Ford, Lanxter, etc. to step it up a bit and start playing to their potential.

:thumpsup:
Jshort5 Wrote:It's time for Ford, Lanxter, etc. to step it up a bit and start playing to their potential.

They certainly haven't done it so far this year. Hopefully the light will go on...
All the receivers need to step it up! Dicky will still be a vocal leader of this team and will encourage this younger guys to get the job done.
It will certainly be interesting now! This is a BIG blow to an already depleted offense. Get well, Dicky! We better be seeing you on Sundays!
More Cowbell Wrote:I agree, DW, it looked awful on the replay. I remember when the TV announcers were saying that inital reports weren't that bad, and that they thought he just "sprained" it, I said no way. I saw the replay, and his knee bent sideways. Knees aren't supposed to do that, folks. It was painful to watch.

As for a medical redshirt, that would be nice, but I'm pretty sure it won't happen. Counting the Carolina game, he played in 6 games this year, exactly half the schedule. I believe the cutoff point for a redshirt is much lower than that.

You are correct. However, if he wanted to return for one more season Jr. and Brooks can send an appeal to the NCAA asking for one more of eligibilty.
Well there should go all the questions about the QB position. If Cobb plays QB then he now has no one to throw the ball to. Cobb and company better pick up the slack if we want to make a bowl again this year.
This is very sad to hear. Hate this for Lyons. We need the other receivers to step up big time now.
dicky will still be a leader even if he isn't playing
Bummer!
The other offense players need to step up because all they have left are sec games and i heard the sec was pretty good
As if the offense wasn't bad enough..And now we lose our only go to guy and leader on offense...Bad news as Lyons was one of my all time favorites!
this really hurts the kentucky O,but the young guys will have to step up and become men!!!GOOD LUUCK TO DICKIE JR. IN THE FUTURE!
Sucks to hear this as he is and was the only weapon at receiver. As everyone else has already said, the offense will be worse than what it was. But truth be told, if we had a QB who could actually throw a good pass and not 10 feet over their head or down at their ankles then they could maybe do something. The receivers arent really as bad as most people make them out to be, Hartline just makes them look bad.
WHAT HAPPEN TO THE "HORSE COLLAR" CALL??? Look at the picture, plain as day, did they call it?

And that TE!!!!!!! Brook's been used to having a TE that can catch the ball and is an offensive threat, at UK! He don't have that this season. That one guy missed that one, potential game-tying catch against SC......Ahh, it's over now. Still think we need a TE that can catch though
UK season is over now, he was the only one that could catch the ball.
Braves_Fan_26 Wrote:Sucks to hear this as he is and was the only weapon at receiver. As everyone else has already said, the offense will be worse than what it was. But truth be told, if we had a QB who could actually throw a good pass and not 10 feet over their head or down at their ankles then they could maybe do something. The receivers arent really as bad as most people make them out to be, Hartline just makes them look bad.

Actually when Hartline would make a catchable pass to the receivers, they would drop it! Just like in the Carolina game saturday when he threw it to T.C. Drake, he was wide open and if he caught it he would have gotten a few extra yards after the catch, but of course he dropped it.

But for Dickie's injury, it was tough to see. I was right on the 50 yard line and when I seen it I thought he is done. Hope he gets back to 100% and has a successful surgery.