Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Big Sandy Brackets
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
7th grade
Tuesday October 14th
Belfry at Johnson Central
Letcher Central at Breathitt

Small School
Wednesday October 15th
Paintsville at Adams (P-burg) 7:00 p.m.

Saturday October 18th
Pikeville at Hazard 2:00 p.m.

Large School
Tuesday October 14th
1st round bye = Letcher Central and Perry Central
Breathitt gets a bye over Martin County

Semi-finals for large school
Saturday October 18th
Letcher vs. Belfry/JC winner
Perry vs. Breathitt County

Finals (Post-season Grid) @ Johnson Central High
Saturday October 25th
10:00 a.m. 3rd & 4th place game for 7th grade
11:30 a.m. 3rd & 4th place game for small school
1:00 p.m. 5th & 6th place game for large school
2:30 p.m. 3rd & 4th place game for large school
4:00 p.m. CHAMPIONSHIP GAME 7th grade
6:00 p.m. CHAMPIONSHIP GAME small school
8:00 p.m. CHAMPIONSHIP GAME large school
canoeman06 Wrote:7th grade
Tuesday October 14th

Small School
Wednesday October 15th

Saturday October 18th

Large School
Tuesday October 14th

Saturday October 18th

Saturday October 25th

If Martin County is not playing Breathitt County, will they play Saturday at 1:00 in the 5th & 6th place game? If not, then the loser of Tuesday nights Belfry-Johnson County game would not have an opponent and their sesaon would be over.

Why is Martin County not playing Breathitt County?
THOMCAT Wrote:If Martin County is not playing Breathitt County, will they play Saturday at 1:00 in the 5th & 6th place game? If not, then the loser of Tuesday nights Belfry-Johnson County game would not have an opponent and their sesaon would be over.

Why is Martin County not playing Breathitt County?

Yes they will play at 1:00 p.m.
Travel issue is what they reported.
[quote=canoeman06]Yes they will play at 1:00 p.m.
Travel issue is what they reported.[/quote]

That is SAD.
They should not be allowed in the Big Sandy Conference next year. That kind of stuff messes everything up. All schools have the same travel issues as they have.
It's not travel issues, got it from one of the Letcher Co. coaches today. Sebastian beat them up last week and that's why they didn't want any of Letcher County and now they realized they had to play the team that beat them up in the first place and they don't want anymore of that either. Sure they will play Belfry but what if they win their game, will they play Johnson Central???? Anyway, it's a shame and it shouldn't have came to this. Just go take your beating and save yourself a little dignity in the process. I do wander what they kids think about all this forfeiting???
[quote=Lambert #1]It's not travel issues, got it from one of the Letcher Co. coaches today. Sebastian beat them up last week and that's why they didn't want any of Letcher County and now they realized they had to play the team that beat them up in the first place and they don't want anymore of that either. Sure they will play Belfry but what if they win their game, will they play Johnson Central???? Anyway, it's a shame and it shouldn't have came to this. Just go take your beating and save yourself a little dignity in the process. I do wander what they kids think about all this forfeiting???[/QUOTE

Belfry beat them at Martin County pretty bad, why would they want to play Belfry?
canoeman06 Wrote:7th grade
Tuesday October 14th

Small School
Wednesday October 15th

Saturday October 18th

Large School
Tuesday October 14th

Saturday October 18th

Saturday October 25th

I just picked my son up from practice and I was told that the Belfry vs Johnson Central game has been changed to Wed. the 15th. Can anyone confirm this?
That's what I was told today as well, BMS Pirate Mom
Yes Belfry and Johnson County will play Wednesday at 6 oclock at Highlands Elementary. The 7th grade will follow.
BMS PirateMom #11,

Not sure why they would want to play Belfry, I watched Belfry play LCC and that team can play and they are just as physical as our team is. That is what has been said though. They are assuming that Johnson Central will beat you all and they will play Belfry in the 5th/6th place game. I for one am calling an upset (in some peoples minds) Belfry over Johnson Central Wednesday night. Shoot Belfry scored more on Johnson Central than Letcher County did and that shows they are real good program. Hope you didn't think I was saying anything bad about Belfry in my previous post, I like your kids, they seem to be really good kids that showed nothing but respect and class when our team played them.
Lambert #1 Wrote:BMS PirateMom #11,

Not sure why they would want to play Belfry, I watched Belfry play LCC and that team can play and they are just as physical as our team is. That is what has been said though. They are assuming that Johnson Central will beat you all and they will play Belfry in the 5th/6th place game. I for one am calling an upset (in some peoples minds) Belfry over Johnson Central Wednesday night. Shoot Belfry scored more on Johnson Central than Letcher County did and that shows they are real good program. Hope you didn't think I was saying anything bad about Belfry in my previous post, I like your kids, they seem to be really good kids that showed nothing but respect and class when our team played them.

Thanks for the compliment, our kids will appreciate it, I didn't think anything about you. I was just curious as to why they would want to play BMS again. I can't say how good we will do, we have several starters hurt right now.
Good Matchup Between Two 1a Teams. They Play Saturday At 2 Pm At The New Hazard Daniel Field Who Will Win.