Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Russell 6th defeats Greenup 22-6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Russell Maroon Machine rolls again in league play in our area. Greenup is a tough team with talented players. 00 for Greenup is a great scat back and Reese Dillon is always ready to get some yardage on ya. 81 the big tight end has some good hands to be a big boy.. He also played a great game.. 2 was there QB and also plays receiver..He also had a good game for Grrenup.
Russell just made plays today that kept them in the game.. BALL CONTROL< BALL CONTROL !!!
Russell held the ball and grinded out yardage behind the line of 33- Brandon Scott, the center, Our 2 guards played really well tonight with the traps going both ways..13 Landon Arnold and 12 Cory Grubb, Grubb also got to run the ball tonight for the first time. Our tackles were driving and plowing today, 68 Sammy Smith and 34 Timmy Hammond. Our starting ends tonight both had good games with good blocking and both catching passes tonight. 8- Garion Robinson made a great diving catch in the clutch to gain a first down and 27-Maverick Dixon was wide open on a 5 yard TD pass.
Russell held the ball for 50 plays and our defense only allowed Greenup to 24 plays on offense.
Back Stats:
2 Messer-10 rushes-92 yards. 1 rec for 10 yards. 1 TD, 2:2 for 25 passing yards
32 Korzep- 10 rushes 77 yards. 1 rec for 15 yards. 1 TD
57 Suman- 3 rushes 30 yards, 1 rec for 2 yards
12 Grubb- 3 rushes 20 yards,
9 May- 2 rushes for 8 yards, 5:6 for 20 yards passing-1 INT, 1 TD. 1 XP carry
8 Robinson- 2 rec for 15 yards 1 XP.
7 Cole- 5 rushes for 20 yards
24 Peterman- 1 rush for 4 yards, 0:2 passing-1 INT
27 Dixon- 1 Rec for 5 yards and a TD

DEFENSIVE STATS:
32-Korzep, 6 tackles
57 Suman, 4 tackle
2 Messer, 5 tackles 1 for loss, 1 INT returned 2o yards
9 May, 1 tackle
99 Adams, 1 tackle
13 Arnold, 1 tackle
88 Williams, 1 tackle
85 Bryant, 2 tackles
56 Cole 1 tackle
27 Dixon, 2 tackles
21 Hoback, 1 tackle
68 Smith, 1 tackle 1 for a 10 yard loss
8- Robinson 1 tackle, 1 for loss
33 Scott, 1 tackle, 1 for loss
76 Luxon, 1 Fumble recovery
24 Peterman, 1 tackle forced fumble recovery.

Russell beats Greenup 22-8.. Great game guys and Russell will finish their regular season against this team on the 21st at home.. Come out and support your DEVILS !!!!
Great game by Russell's 6th. Your offensive line just controlled the game from the outset. Our defense was put back on its heels and could never recover. We settled in on offense for a bit but the drive at the start of the 2nd half that went into the 4th quarter was textbook football. What is telling is our defensive line only had maybe 3 or 4 tackles between them the whole game. My son (#81) kept complaining of getting hit by his own players as they were driven back into his linebacker spot.

By far the best team we've seen this year and you have a large number of players that execute at high level (high football iq's and good coaching). Was a great learning experience for our team heading towards the end of this season.

Looking forward to playing again on the 21st and hopefully meeting up in the Black Bowl at the end of the month.
SteelerMatt,, your son is a great kid and has nice hands. Would love to have him at Russell,,,,,hint,hint.... Teasing.. well no not really but he is a great kid and from what I see of him, plays a great game of football..

Yes the talent does not drop off with the second team as much as you think.. It is a blessing and curse to have so many good kids..... Play the 11 that get the job done and have the next 11 trained to play every position on the field.. I think that is one of the best things about this team.... Our kids know multiple poisitons, 12 is our guard and ran very well last night for us..... our fullback ,57 also knows the guard and tackle position with all the pulls and traps....
I catch alot of grief at times about playing time and I try to do as much as I can.. I know that there is always going to be some parents who complain about something, so I try my best to be fair keeping all variables on track as far as practice time, performance and the voiced opinion of the player.. I had a couple of kids tell the coaches last night..." I dont want in" and "I don't want to play that position....."

I even had a kid walk up to me last night and say" Hey coach, when you watch the film you can see me carrying a water bottle, I do that real good." This was one of the most disrespectful statements I have heard so far this year.......

I hope that all of your kids were injury free last night and I will see you guys on the 21st and prolly again in the Black Bowl.
Looking for participants in a 6th grade tournament on October 25th in Jackson County. My name is Gary Tillery and I can be reached at (606) 287-7155. Thanks!
I think # 4 for Breathitt Co is one **** of a running back