Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: LCC Travels to Belfry
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Wow, our baby cougars (5th/6th and 7th grade teams) traveled to Belfry last night and came away with two big wins. Our little Cougars played a straight up 6th grade team and looked good in their win. Our 7th graders have struggled a little this season but seem to have things moving in the right direction and pulled of a huge come from behind win with a minute to go in the game. Cody Sexton hooked up with Josh Boggs for a 50+ yard TD pass to win the game 14-6. Looks like the future for the Junior High team is pretty bright. Aaron Tackett (RB) for the 5th/6th grade team is a stud, the kid can really run football and he is vicious on defense. I liked the Hall kid at fullback and they had several really good linemen, didn't know their names but I was proud of them. Anytime you can go into Belfry and get not only one win but come away with two consider yourself a little lucky and good. Belfry hosted a nice night of football, as usual the people were very friendly and classy and I enjoyed coming to your field to watch some good old fashioned football.
Sounds like LCC has a great 5th-6th team. Do you know anything about the Shriners bowl on Sat. at Hazard? What kind of offense do they run? Power I? Great running backs thrive in the power I.
The seventh grade score was 14-12, I think!
PHS 95,

You are right the score was 14-12. Way to go Cougars! Things are finally starting to come together on the field.

Daddycat 27,

Hard to say what LCC runs. They really seem to mix it up a lot.
PHS95 Wrote:The seventh grade score was 14-12, I think!

Was this a conference game?
Not sure but they also beat them about a week and a half ago.
Heard it was a good game. 1 min. on the clock and the LCC COUGAR score a
touch down
The little Cougars show us a good game of football. I am so proud of our
little Cougar.
What was the 6th grade score?
Great job guys!!!! CO COUGARS!
I hope this becomes a regular rivalry. LCC has some very good players. They are the most Physical team we have played this year. The girl can really play!!!!!
Would LCC travel to play Russell 6th grade at Russell on the 25th???
Devilologist,
Oct 25th is the finals of our 7/8 conference tournament.
Daddycat27 Wrote:I hope this becomes a regular rivalry. LCC has some very good players. They are the most Physical team we have played this year. The girl can really play!!!!!
DaddyCat,
You are right the girl, Lauren Noble, can play. None of the boys on the team will mess with her. She hangs right in there with the best of them and is treated as "one of the guys," except for having a private dressing area. She lives and breathes football. I have a feeling you will be seeing her for the next few years.:rockon:
One of my best friends had 2 daughters that played high school football in Florida.. One was the starting nose guard and the other sister was the starting linebacker.. I am not talking, big husky girls,, I am talking beautiful blonde ladies....... These girls played in Florida and was a force to be dealt with..... I wish this girl the best and I got to see just small bit of her playing while we were in Shelby Valley.... I wish the best of luck and stick with it.. We also faced a high school team last year- Mason County who had 2 girls on the team,, both were kickers But still playing high school football....great job.