Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Alabama - 17 Kentucky 14
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
UK's defense played great today, giving up only one touchdown which came on a 78 yard TD run by Coffey. Something has to be done with our offense, and Hartline. UK scored with 40 seconds left, sent Seiber out for the onside, and he kicks it directly out of bounds. He once again proves his worthlessness.
Poor Ol David Jones
UK had so many chances to make a play and win this game, but it just wasnt meant to be.

Great Effort by the cats though!
Tough loss to the Cats, but I think we proved to the nation, that our D is for real. Only allowing the #2 team in the nation to score only 10pts. I wish we could have recover that fumble in the 4th quarter than was heartbreaking! I know we did lose but im impressed by the way the defense played today on the road @ Bama, jus wish the offense could have got it clicking the 1st half.We had our chances just didnt take advantage of them. Go beat the Gamecocks!
Uk gave that game away. David Jones choked, Heartline is horrible, i say that incoming freshman next year should start, the one from Indiana. And the onside kick, i could do better.
Were those commentators getting on anyone else's nerves? I almost muted the TV.
My goodness, Alabama handed Kentucky the game, but UK was too sorry to take advantage. David Jones arguably lost the game for Kentucky, then Rich Brooks decides to bring in his benched kicker to kick the onside kick. What makes you think he can successfully complete an onside kick when he can't do his job of making the only thing he was recruited for, field goals? Horrible coaching decisions, horrible offense, horrible QB, and if not for the defense, this team would be 0-5 right now. Just a frustrating loss in a game that Alabama all but gave the win to UK.
thats all u can say...alabama handed this 1 to uk, uk just couldnt take advantage of it....
Congrats great game today by the Wildcats.
i didnt get to watch the game but i listened to some of it on the radio...sounded a lil intense
BCF4L Wrote:My goodness, Alabama handed Kentucky the game, but UK was too sorry to take advantage. David Jones arguably lost the game for Kentucky, then Rich Brooks decides to bring in his benched kicker to kick the onside kick. WTF? What makes you think he can successfully complete an onside kick when he can't do his job of making the only thing he was recruited for, field goals? Horrible coaching decisions, horrible offense, horrible QB, and if not for the defense, this team would be 0-5 right now. Just a frustrating loss in a game that Alabama all but gave the win to UK.

How can you say that David lost the game? I'm pretty sure if we hadn't fumbled the ball and let Alabama score (which put them up 14-0), the final score would have been 14-10 Kentucky's favor.

UK's offense is horrible, that is the reason we lost today...
UK play a good game today. with the way BAMA play today, UK should have beat them. UK was lucky it was only 14-0 at halftime then 24-0.
I also like to say this is the kind of games that i like. I hate them blow out games. The people that like them type of game really don't like sports. I guess now i have to take my girlfriend to one of UK home games. There DEF. is up there with TENN, LSU, Aub now.
Gutsy game by UK today. Alabama is just that good on the defensive side of the ball. Hartline wasn't that bad besides the fumble. He made plays against constant pressure and was still the victim of some drops by the WRs.

Seiber is horrible at field goals and onside kicks.
FBALL Wrote:Gutsy game by UK today. Alabama is just that good on the defensive side of the ball. Hartline wasn't that bad besides the fumble. He made plays against constant pressure and was still the victim of some drops by the WRs.

Seiber is horrible at field goals and onside kicks.

The Reciving cord has to pick it up. No one could catch a pass expect for Lyons, I kno they are all young but they need to pick it up and help out Hartline. How come Boyd dont get any playing time? Roark could be a nice target for the cats in the future.
Alabama basically tried to give us the game but we could not capitalize. I for one thought Hartline did good, he also outplayed John Parker Wilson, who is a 4-year starter. He made some really good passes but the line either didn't give him enough time to make a decision or the receivers dropped it.

You cannot say enough about or defense, even though we give up the 78-yard touchdown to Coffee in the 1st quarter, we held our own the rest of the game against a very, very good smashmouth team.

Only real problems I noticed today was the offensive line, Tony Dixon, and the receivers who continue to show inexperience. Dixon just doesn't have the same burst that Locke & Smith have. The offensive line cannot block anyone, and the receivers continue to drop passes, other than Lyons.
cj2561 Wrote:UK play a good game today. with the way BAMA play today, UK should have beat them. UK was lucky it was only 14-0 at halftime then 24-0.
I can't believe I am saying this...but you're right! :confused:
UK was VERY fortunate to only be down by 14 at halftime. It very easily could have been 24-0.
UK's defense is for real. I've read several commenst in ESPN and watched the CBS highlight show and people are noticing. This defense is up there with Auburn, Georgia, LSU, and whoever else you want to throw in there.
I got to see the first half, and although the commentators were horrible, Verne Lundquist said one thing that really showed what kind of job Brooks has done with this program. I can't remember word for word, but it was something along the lines of, "This isn't one of those Kentucky teams of old that will try to run trick plays and be fancy. This team is built like a SEC team. They will pound at you and run you over. They're physical and play tough." or something like that. And Tim Brando and Spencer Tilman took notice of the athletes Brooks has brought to play defense. Take away the fumble for TD today and the Louisville safety, they're still only giving up 6 points per game!!!!!!
They will most definitely keep UK in every game they play this season. The offense? I don't know what to say. The line has failed to live up to the hype Brooks put on them in the pre-season. Hartline had very little time today to even think of throwing the ball, and they have not allowed our running game to do hardly anything. The receivers need to step up. I don't know how many more times we can say this, but it's SEC time and they need to prove they are capable of playing major college football in the best conference in America. Hartline did make some bad throws...he did. But out of his 22 incompletions, roughly 10 were drops. It's very disturbing to see college football players play like they've never even seen a football before.
But nonethless, the better team did win today. Alabama deserved to win. I don't believe in 'moral victories,' but there is a whole lot to build on when you go into Tuscaloosa and only lose by 3!
uk played a pretty good game after halftime. they were horrible in the first half other than the opening alabama drive. and other than the 70 yd td allowed, uk's d did a pretty good job
i also thought that bama was way over-rated just because of the georgia win.
I thought the UK defense played good today. The 78 yard run by Bama should have been brought back because of the holding that took place. They showed it on replay and it was very obvious and the refs didnt call it. Hartline sucks IMO. On that fumble he didnt even get hit he just let go of the ball. The receiving core needs to step it up and play better. I know that once Cobb gets back they will be better. Why isnt Boyd getting to play that much? I know he is better than what we got in there right now besides Lyons. Also I thought that they Cats played with a lot of heart today but just came up short. I also dont understand why Dixon starts when Locke is the only one that does any good. Get ready for next week and South Carolina.
If UK play like again FL. They can beat them, and as most as i hate to say it. They might beat TENN, but i hope not. I hope they beat FL.
The UK offense is terrible under Hartline. I dont think the O-Line is as bad as some say, its Hartline that makes them look bad. He looks completely clueless sometimes and cant throw a football at all. Dixon should not be starting, it should be Locke and I have wondered the whole season why Boyd hasnt been playing. We need Cobb back badly, but I believe that even if he was back he wouldnt play as much as Hartline because Brooks is an idiot. Besides Locke, Lyons and Randall Cobb, the defense is the best part of this team. Thre were some bad no calls like the holding on the Coffee td, but it was Hartline and this putrid offense that lost this game. If I hear of anyone else saying that Hartline is doing a good job, im going to go off, hes horrible, they should send him back to Ohio where he came from and the same goes for Seiber, but that bonehead play at the end with him doing the onside kick is credited to only one person, Rich Brooks. I have said for a long time that he was a horrible coach. The man has a losing record for his career, doesnt that tell people anything, he doesnt know what the **** he is doing.
Defense is great, and the offense is pitiful. The line cant block, and the recievers (other than Lyons) couldnt catch a ball if they had tar on there hands, every throw that Hartline makes looks like a duck that has been shot out of the air. Hopefully they can get something rolling.
Rich Brooks has turned this program around and is headed down the right road for the frist time in many years forget his record in the past and look what he is doing now and as far as Hartline he is coming along great and will make a very good qb. If you dont like what's going on in Lexington go fishing on Sat. and we will watching a program on the way up.
Braves_Fan_26 Wrote:The UK offense is terrible under Hartline. I dont think the O-Line is as bad as some say, its Hartline that makes them look bad. He looks completely clueless sometimes and cant throw a football at all. Dixon should not be starting, it should be Locke and I have wondered the whole season why Boyd hasnt been playing. We need Cobb back badly, but I believe that even if he was back he wouldnt play as much as Hartline because Brooks is an idiot. Besides Locke, Lyons and Randall Cobb, the defense is the best part of this team. Thre were some bad no calls like the holding on the Coffee td, but it was Hartline and this putrid offense that lost this game. If I hear of anyone else saying that Hartline is doing a good job, im going to go off, hes horrible, they should send him back to Ohio where he came from and the same goes for Seiber, but that bonehead play at the end with him doing the onside kick is credited to only one person, Rich Brooks. I have said for a long time that he was a horrible coach. The man has a losing record for his career, doesnt that tell people anything, he doesnt know what the **** he is doing.

how can u say that he is a horrible coach when he has took Kentucky to back to back bowl games and WON! does that not mean anything to u at all or are you just a Brooks hater....
What a game by the Cats!! I expected this to be a blowout for the Tide but UK's D did not let that happen. UK will do fine this year.
Braves_Fan_26 Wrote:The UK offense is terrible under Hartline. I dont think the O-Line is as bad as some say, its Hartline that makes them look bad. He looks completely clueless sometimes and cant throw a football at all. Dixon should not be starting, it should be Locke and I have wondered the whole season why Boyd hasnt been playing. We need Cobb back badly, but I believe that even if he was back he wouldnt play as much as Hartline because Brooks is an idiot. Besides Locke, Lyons and Randall Cobb, the defense is the best part of this team. Thre were some bad no calls like the holding on the Coffee td, but it was Hartline and this putrid offense that lost this game. If I hear of anyone else saying that Hartline is doing a good job, im going to go off, hes horrible, they should send him back to Ohio where he came from and the same goes for Seiber, but that bonehead play at the end with him doing the onside kick is credited to only one person, Rich Brooks. I have said for a long time that he was a horrible coach. The man has a losing record for his career, doesnt that tell people anything, he doesnt know what the **** he is doing.

did you play Div 1 football, did you coach div 1 football, are you a scout? "no" thats what i thought so move on to "support" ( if you want to call it that) another university. I personally thought the fumble was terrible by Hartline. However, I think he is doing a fine job, good enough won to be sitting at 4 and 1 right now.
Hartline is doing a good job!

Really man. The best defensive front seven in the country was all over him. Yes the fumble was a terrible play. But sometimes things happen. The ball slipped out of his hand. I'm sure that wasn't what he had planned.

Is hartline to blame for only having 30 rushing yards?

Seiber is a complete headcase. He should be quarantined before anybody else on the team catches wahta he has.

Brooks has taken the UK football program from a laughing stock to a team that most teams don't look forward to playing against. I really think you need to look at the big picture here.

Boyd isn't playing because he hasn't performed up to par in practice. He missed alot of time and will have to work his way into the rotation. He is only a freshman.

Dixon and Locke have nearly the same rushing stats. Yes Locke is more explosive and has performed a little better. But Dixon is a senior who has been a leader on this team. Something this young offense really needs.
FBALL Wrote:Hartline is doing a good job!

Really man. The best defensive front seven in the country was all over him. Yes the fumble was a terrible play. But sometimes things happen. The ball slipped out of his hand. I'm sure that wasn't what he had planned.

Is hartline to blame for only having 30 rushing yards?

Seiber is a complete headcase. He should be quarantined before anybody else on the team catches wahta he has.

Brooks has taken the UK football program from a laughing stock to a team that most teams don't look forward to playing against. I really think you need to look at the big picture here.

Boyd isn't playing because he hasn't performed up to par in practice. He missed alot of time and will have to work his way into the rotation. He is only a freshman.

Dixon and Locke have nearly the same rushing stats. Yes Locke is more explosive and has performed a little better. But Dixon is a senior who has been a leader on this team. Something this young offense really needs.

Hartline is not doing a good job, he can't lead this offense. And Hartline is to blame for having a non-existent rushing game because teams aren't worried about our passing game and they just stuff the box.

To even compare Dixon to Locke is crazy. Dixon at best should be the third string back.
Well, from a fan on the winning side, Ill say this, and I dont mean to step on anybodys toes. For one, Kentucky played the 2nd ranked team in the country on the road, and came up 3 points short, and the fans are irate. You Kentucky fans need to realize where you are at, from where you came from. Get off of Brooks' and Hartlines back. You are 4-1, your defense is absolutely for real (even though you gave up 300 yards rushing), and a break here and there, youve defeated the second ranked team in the country...what is the problem with Kentucky fans?? Do you not realize that your team is 20-11 in your last 31 games (compared to 18-13 to your beloved basketball team)?? Do you forget the 3-8 and 2-9 teams, getting blown out by OHIO? Do you forget being everybodys homecoming or senior night game? Kentucky is a **** good football team, and Ill admit they are much better than I thought they were. Bama looked good running the ball, couldnt capitalize when we should have, the kicking game looked horrible (which was one of my worries before the season started), and we were very fortunate to win this game. Coach Brooks and a **** gutsy Kentucky football team is on the right track. The offense will come around, but the defense is already there. Kudos to my beloved Alabama Crimson Tide for winning a tough slugfest, and Kudos to the University of Kentucky, for giving my Tide everything they wanted. Some (and I emphasize SOME, because I know a million loyal UK fans) Kentucky fans need to remember how bad things USED to be, and how great things are now. If the media didnt have a fascination with the Pac 10, putting some unworthy teams in the top 25, UK would have been ranked all season, and in my honest humble opinion, should be ranked somewhere around 22nd or so....but again, congrats UK on a hard fought game. And congrats to my Tide. ROOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLL TIIIIIDDEEEEE!!!!
Pages: 1 2